The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e1usive
No It's actually set in stone 1lb of fat equates to 3500calories.

Wrong, it can be flexible depending on the person's genetics and how they store fat.
Reply 21
Original post by Daviant
Wrong, it can be flexible depending on the person's genetics and how they store fat.

No, I'm not wrong and I'm not talking 1lb of fat within a person I'm talking 1lb of fat in general.
Reply 22
Workout and eat healthily
I heard Intermittent Fasting is good for losing weight quickly, it is meant to be pretty intense but does the job :smile:
how much i weigh tends to pretty much correlate with whether or not i have a gym membership. i try to go 4 or 5 times a week and focus on cardio i.e. rowing, treadmill, cross trainer, and im at the gym when i would probably normally be sitting, boredom snacking while i work. so yeh basically - more exercise, less snacking.

also, when youre really hungry you tend to overestimate how much food you really need in a meal and make loads. a little tip from your resident mad cat lady is to eat a raw carrot just before lunch and/or dinner. quick to peel, quite filling, means you dont make so much food! excellent.
Original post by e1usive
No, I'm not wrong and I'm not talking 1lb of fat within a person I'm talking 1lb of fat in general.

It's not exactly 3500kcal, read an anatomy textbook. And it's irrelevant to talk about 1lb of fat in general, the amount of fat the person stores is the only important figure.
do 150 push ups a day and 66 sit ups
well done for bumping a 3 year old thread
Reply 28
Original post by Loti
In the time it's taken to write and read all these comments, you could have run up and down the stairs a few times!

In the NINE YEARS since this thread was started the OP could have done a lot of things...

Latest