Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Which injustices of the world really get to you?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If you decided not to jump on my post so quickly you'd probably realise I'm vegan.
    Close enough, I only referred to you eating plants anyway and most of the argument I presented works to the same frame work.

Vegetarians contribute to the raping of cows for milk and to the premature deaths of male calves in the dairy industry and other stuff so I have no personal liking for vegetarianism.
    Uh huh.......

And no I'm not "bad mouthing" carnivores but this designed element is primary school "logic" regarding eating meat.
    Yes you were, you made that pretty clear in the way you phrased your post and condoned the statement 'MEAT=IGNORANCE'. If you can't tolerate someone else's life choices please be prepared for critique of your own.

Medicine contravenes the survival of the fittest, for which nature intended the strongest to survive.
    Medicine has to be tested somewhere - have a talk with those white lab mice you forgot to mention.

Smoking isn't vegan so you got lung cancer there, plenty of fans of meat will get heart disease too. Doesn't eating bacon get you cancer these days? :rolleyes:
    Smoking doesn't automatically mean you eat meat - it may not be vegan but I'm sure people who don't eat anything from animals smoke. Bacon and other meat products can constitute towards cancer but so does high starch products when hydrogenated eg. potatoe fries - those are vegan.

You could look at the countries as a whole and see, on average, how much meat they consume per head. This is will ignore the quality of the meat but I wouldn't be surprised that countries who love their meat a lot more than others will be fatter as a result.
    You'll also notice that most meat consuming countries are richer.

Me personally, I have top cardiovascular fitness and have passed the majority of tests required for Commando training. If you plan a diet properly then it's a non-issue, whether you're a vegan, vegetarian, or an omnivore. Many foods as supplemented with calcium, such as soya milk, which I take. I do occasionally take vegan supplements for omega stuff. Thank you for your concern. :cool:
    I wasn't asking for your life story, and you didn't reply at all to the argument referring to plants/taking what you can from plant life.

As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of pain and murder cannot reap joy and love. ~ Pythagoras.
    Kind of ironic that. And how exactly does man gain peace in simply not eating things from animals?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDR)
    For me, it is the mass 'anti immigration' consensus throughout the western world.

The majority of immigrants want a better life for themselves and their children, and the majority are most certainly not lazy, benefit scroungers at all. Yet ignorant publications like the Daily Mail, and parties like the BNP think that because we happened to be lucky enough to be born in one of the richest countries in the world, whilst immigrants had the bad luck of being born in more unfortunate circumstances, that British born people are intrinsically superior to immigrants, and that immigrants have less of a right to live in the UK or any other western country.

To me, this is wrong, and ignorant. Increasingly we are living in a global world, one in which where you were born should matter less.
    :yep:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    So many things.

The oppressive regime in somalia and the killing of children

The fact that so many children die of starvation in third world countries while we throw away wasted food.

The injustice against gay people in islamic countries in the middle east and north africa, and in christian countries in other parts of africa

The lack of attention south africa gets for its own problems

The abuse of women in third world countries

The excess attention Israel gets simply because of religion. All of the above is just as bad if not worse.

Indoctrination. Children should receive compulsary classes that simply ask them to question anything and everything about themselves and the world around them.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Artificial scarcity, and in particular the way the price of medicines is inflated by western drug companies claims of IP rights. That's probably my single biggest hate - if I start listing them all this would turn into a long, long post.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    All the innocents who suffer for the sake of stubbornness and pride...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Land grab in Africa by Investment banks and corrupt Govt's. Communities are kicked off their farmland and are left to fend for themselves.

HATE THIS!!! I'll get a source if you want.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    - Child abuse and paedophilia. Everyone hates it, but seriously, it angers me just thinking about it.

- Nick Clegg's betrayal of Gary McKinnon.

- To some extent, the UN bullying other nations and basically throwing their weight around.

- The rise of chocolate prices.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Zen)
    - Child abuse and paedophilia. Everyone hates it, but seriously, it angers me just thinking about it.
    This.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Corruption.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Yes you were, you made that pretty clear in the way you phrased your post and condoned the statement 'MEAT=IGNORANCE'. If you can't tolerate someone else's life choices please be prepared for critique of your own.
    lol I was responding because someone was using the natural argument. If people wish to act like a glorified ape then so be it. I'd be interested to hear a response from the person I originally quoted but I doubt it would be forthcoming.

(Original post by Kiss)
    Medicine has to be tested somewhere - have a talk with those white lab mice you forgot to mention.
    Animal testing is garbage. If it is required that much, test it on humans. The extrapolation issues go against methodical rigour. I see no reason why animals should suffer for animal testing because people are practicing activities that, either causes them or increasing their likelihood of contracting such diseases. People who contract lung cancer because they smoke tobacco deserve death (people, after all, say the same with controlled drug users) and everything else that comes with it, and no animal should suffer at their hands because of their lifestyle choices.

(Original post by Kiss)
    I wasn't asking for your life story, and you didn't reply at all to the argument referring to plants/taking what you can from plant life.
    So why bother highlighting a few minor problems with people who don't know know how to practice a vegetarian diet then? I gave you my "life story" to show that if you're sensible about diet, and exercise generally, you can live a healthy life regardless of your food ethics (or lack of). It's always amusing to see armchair nutritionists cite minor examples with vegetarian and veganism when the country has a problem with obesity. A lot of people seem to live to eat, rather than eat to live.

(Original post by Kiss)
    Kind of ironic that. And how exactly does man gain peace in simply not eating things from animals?
    You wouldn't understand. Congratulations on your Vienna-style mass multisplitting of quotes. She would be proud.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    for me it is human trafficking, we are in the 21st century yet people are still being bought and sold for slavery, over 27 million in fact. we can't put a price on human; every individual is priceless and we shouldn't be able to exploit people in ways such as sex slavery, forced to service more than 40 men a night and forced to do drugs so they believe that what they are doing is right and normal.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Chagos Islanders
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Poverty, Capitalism, Interest and disease.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Multiculturalism, white race destruction and backstabbing by a certain largely pale skinned people who have a lot of wealth, power and influence in the Western world. It's just an injustice my blood boils and I feel like putting my fist through the screen.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natchina)
    the crimes against humanity being committed against the afrikaner minority in south africa and the refusal of the international community to recognise, let alone act, on the situation. genocidewatch.org, the international genocide watchdog, has given the situation a watch level of 5 -- which is 2 levels away from outright genocide.http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html
    I know about this. I also know Kill the Boer, and the Zionist communist who taught blacks to murder white South African farmers while their people largely own these diamond and other resources.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OlaNordmann)
    I know about this. I also know Kill the Boer, and the Zionist communist who taught blacks to murder white South African farmers while their people largely own these diamond and other resources.
    Israel was one of the apartheid regime's closest allies.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The three injustices which can get me emotionally riled up are: the occupation and annexation of Palestinian land and the oppression of the Palestinian people; the fact that countries which have done virtually nothing to cause global warming are being the worst hit by its effects; and the systematic slaughter of sentient, nonhuman animals for human consumption.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My biggest hate is cruelty to children by adults. Harsh, insensitive treatment to little ones by callous neglectful parents.
    Also child enslavement, sex trafficking and slavery, and domestic slavery. It makes me sick that people can be so damn mean.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The absence of a mathsmathsmaths tax payable to me of 20% of people's earnings
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDR)
    For me, it is the mass 'anti immigration' consensus throughout the western world.

The majority of immigrants want a better life for themselves and their children, and the majority are most certainly not lazy, benefit scroungers at all. Yet ignorant publications like the Daily Mail, and parties like the BNP think that because we happened to be lucky enough to be born in one of the richest countries in the world, whilst immigrants had the bad luck of being born in more unfortunate circumstances, that British born people are intrinsically superior to immigrants, and that immigrants have less of a right to live in the UK or any other western country.

To me, this is wrong, and ignorant. Increasingly we are living in a global world, one in which where you were born should matter less.

I know what you mean about a global world but I can also see the value of having competing nations. Whether its between you and your siblings within your family or between your nation and foreign ones, competition surely drives us to excel and should therefore be encouraged. For that reason, amongst others, I think that where you're born and what country you're from is important and you should have some loyalty towards it

On the subject of immigrants I view it rather differently. I have no dispute with their right to live here or anywhere else (nor do I think myself superior) but I don't thinks it's helpful in the long run. I'm sure they do want a better life and are willing to work for it, but so what? By coming here they run away from the problems in their own country and introduce new problems here. Say what you will about the Daily Mail, but it probably does represent the opinions of at least part of our population who react with hostility to what they see as foreigners taking their jobs and disrupting their familiar environment. Their concerns may be ill-founded and illogical but they exist and ought not to be rejected in such a patronising and dismissive way.

Equally I have sympathy for the immigrant who sees the terrible state of the world he's born into and dreams of a better life. However, imagine if all the effort, initiative, determination, courage and hard work that all the immigrants put into getting here were instead harnessed for the good of their own countries. I feel certain they wouldn't remain in poverty and squalor for much longer. For that reason I feel it's a bit selfish and short-sighted of us to appropriate the most gifted and ambitious people from the third world by accepting immigrants here. Surely the world as a whole would be better off if they remained in their own countries and devoted their considerable talents to improving them.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.