Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do i eat alot?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

I'm slightly overweight, i should be around 9-9and a half stone but i weight almost 11 stone sadly ;(
    anyway do i eat too much?

this is what i ate today:
    -2 slices of toast & an egg
    -rice, fish and veg
    -yogurt
    -slice of cake
    -big pack of crisps
    - 4/5 biscuits
    -small amount of pasta
    - a lentil pattie

& thats me on a good day :l
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on plenty of different things including your metabolism and how much exercise you do...
    It sounds like you're eating a lot of carbohydrates which can be good for you but need to be in moderation. I also have no idea what your portion sizes are like either, but making conservative estimates you're getting about 2400 calories in minimum. If you are reasonably active that could be an okay amount to be eating but there are plenty of things you could do to improve your diet.
    Try these things:
    Swap one or two or your snacks for fresh fruit or veggies.
    Limit yourself to one treat food a day (e.g. pick crisps OR biscuits OR cake)
    Try brown rice and pasta to up your fibre intake.
    Make sure you are sticking to sensible portion sizes.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a normal intake to me....do you excersice though??
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm slightly overweight, i should be around 9-9and a half stone but i weight almost 11 stone sadly ;(

-rice, fish and veg
    -yogurt
    -slice of cake
    -big pack of crisps
    - 4/5 biscuits
    -small amount of pasta
    - a lentil pattie

:eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, no matter how much you eat daily, you'll never be able to eat more than me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    except for fish, veg, yogurt and eggs... everything else is pure carbs... especially if you eat it towards evening/night...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

-rice, fish and veg
    -yogurt
    -slice of cake
    -big pack of crisps
    - 4/5 biscuits
    -small amount of pasta
    - a lentil pattie

calories-wise, it's a lot. Don't eat cake or crisps or biscuits! The snacks alone along with the yoghurt probably nearly amount to 1000 calories. About 1000 calories gets you boiled egg with soldiers, banana, orange juice, carrot sticks, handful of cashews, apple, yoghurt (proper yoghurt not the diet crap that's devoid of all nutrition) sweetened with agave and a cup of chocolate horlicks. I give you this example because it's what I have for breakfast and all my snacks (my lunch and dinner changes daily according to what I'm doing/my schedule etc. but generally the 2 combined won't be more than 500-700 calories cause I have so many snacks that my meals can be quite light).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campy)
    calories-wise, it's a lot. Don't eat cake or crisps or biscuits!
    That not realistic advice! No food should be completely off limits, the most important thing is moderation. Cake, biscuits and crisps all in one day is NOT moderation but it's perfectly okay to have a little junk food every now and again.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I recommend going on a calorie counting site (or just getting a notebook) and logging the calories from the foods you eat for a week or two. Doesn't have to be hugely precise but it will give you a good idea of how much you're eating. You can also do some simple calculations to find out approximately how much you need, just google bmr calculator. Then you can work out how to eat more healthily

edit: and, to add, although i say count calories, you should still pay most attention to eating a balanced diet, don't just eat your BMR in cake every day not that you would, of course.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

-rice, fish and veg
    -yogurt
    -slice of cake
    -big pack of crisps
    - 4/5 biscuits
    -small amount of pasta
    - a lentil pattie

Sign up to My fitness pal and input what you've eaten - it will tell you if you're overeating
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cohen)
    That not realistic advice! No food should be completely off limits, the most important thing is moderation. Cake, biscuits and crisps all in one day is NOT moderation but it's perfectly okay to have a little junk food every now and again.
    true dat.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    slice of cake, big bag of crisps, and 4-5 biscuits in a day is a little overkill on the snacking. the rest is fine, but I suggest you pick ONE of these things as a daily snack, not all three.

I suggest having breakfast (approx 200 cals), lunch (approx 400 cals), dinner (approx 500 cals), and an evening treat of around 100 cals (for some ideas - a Breakaway is 99 calories. A small packet of Quavers is 88 calories. A Time Out is about 88 calories).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

-rice, fish and veg
    -yogurt
    -slice of cake
    -big pack of crisps
    - 4/5 biscuits
    -small amount of pasta
    - a lentil pattie

Replace the junk with a piece of fruit or veg
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    thats about as much as i have for breakfast, lol!

no but seriously, i would say its a normal/lot but not excessive so dont worry! Just excercise to balance it out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I eat the same amount if not more - the answer is that you're not eating a lot - you're just eating a lot of the wrong foods.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was about to say its quite healthy until I read everyone elses responses. I don't want to think about what my calorie intake is now.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I would not snack and set things into meals.

I would agree that eating cake and 5 biscuits in one day is unbalanced.
    I would try to cut it down, so have a 1 small chocolate bar a day instead of the cake and biscuits!

Apart from that you aren't eating too much. Maybe try a small amount of regular exercise such as a 30 minute walk a day around a local park?
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    I was about to say its quite healthy until I read everyone elses responses. I don't want to think about what my calorie intake is now.
    It is healthy, just needs to cut down on the junk food a little.

Also, OP, it's a lot.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont think its too much, as others has said it depends on your metabolism but it always good to replace snack with fruits.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily_paaad)
    except for fish, veg, yogurt and eggs... everything else is pure carbs... especially if you eat it towards evening/night...
    So if it isn't eaten towards evening/night... It isn't carbs?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.