Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aston Villa relegated?

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Not about the table, your saying that because you're a manchester utd supporter who hates Liverpool (I hate liverpool too, racist pricks) however Liverpool are bigger than Everton, even globally.
    Yes obviously they are more of a brand than Everton, but what does this have to do with the thread? Did I touch a nerve with my comments about Newcastle?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    West Brom to do them today like!

Who's your next messiah? Steve Bruce?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingGoonIan)
    West Brom to do them today like!

Who's your next messiah? Steve Bruce?
    Hows that 4 nil battering feeling? Plus its not so long ago you were relegated.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Massive club which has been in the bottom half of the table all season...... along with only 30k attendance and no trophies.... yup big club indeed!!
    Such a bitter troll :dice::sogood:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't care, and as a Forest fan, I have no sympathy.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonstudent1)
    Lol no ****. Now look. How the tables have turned.

Going down, going down, going down.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Such a bitter troll :dice::sogood:
    You obviously have NO IDEA what a troll is!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonstudent1)
    When NUFC lose we lose with style. Fulham and spurs and now wigan
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    When NUFC lose we lose with style. Fulham and spurs and now wigan
    Can't argue against that lol
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    You obviously have NO IDEA what a troll is!
    :bhangra: Who's Your Next Messiah? :bhangra:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hope McLeish never gets another job at a league football club.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Typical 0-0 draw puts them on 37pts with a better GD. Bolton drawing at Sunderland has also helped.

I'd say they're virtually safe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Massive club which has been in the bottom half of the table all season...... along with only 30k attendance and no trophies.... yup big club indeed!!
    One bad season doesn't dictate how big a club you are.

Don't you remember being in the Championship 2 years ago?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think they're safe. QPR are looking like they'll occupy the 18th position after looking at the fixtures. But results have been so unpredictable this season.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Don't care, and as a Forest fan, I have no sympathy.
    You should have some sympathy for your fellow European champions!, everyone knows the most successful english teams are United, Liverpool, Villa and Forest
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not really sure why Lerner appointed McLeish in the first place tbh. Just got Birmingham relegated, and aren't B'ham and Villa local rivals? why would anyone take a player/manager from their local rivals to your club and expect to get fans to be happy instantly? and escpecially he got them relegated. Yes he won the Carling Cup, but Birmingham fans weren't happy at the end after he got them relegated.

Think Aston Villa will survive, but I think maybe another 2 or 3 points, or Bolton/QPR/Blackburn to lose. At this rate though, they maybe relegated next season, depending on how other teams fare.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they'll get relegated next season. Norwich and Swansea will probably struggle as is common with promoted teams in their second season. And one or two of what comes up from the Championship this year will likely be down there.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    You should have some sympathy for your fellow European champions!, everyone knows the most successful english teams are United, Liverpool, Villa and Forest
    No, they are the most successful teams in England on the European stage, but I won't have sympathy for Villa if their fans say they shouldn't be relegated because of their history. If that was the case, what about my poor Forest!

Weather they get relegated or not, they've been rubbish this season. Simple as that. No Villa fan can argue that they shouldn't be relegated based on the season they've had, injury problems or not.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    I am not really sure why Lerner appointed McLeish in the first place tbh. Just got Birmingham relegated, and aren't B'ham and Villa local rivals? why would anyone take a player/manager from their local rivals to your club and expect to get fans to be happy instantly? and escpecially he got them relegated. Yes he won the Carling Cup, but Birmingham fans weren't happy at the end after he got them relegated.

Think Aston Villa will survive, but I think maybe another 2 or 3 points, or Bolton/QPR/Blackburn to lose. At this rate though, they maybe relegated next season, depending on how other teams fare.
    Yeah, ridiculous decision. Just got their biggest rivals relegated playing terrible football. The rivalry is fierce as well, someone was killed at one of the matches a few years ago.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Part of me wants them to go down - As revenge for sending us down a few seasons ago.

But after experiencing relegation. I'm more sympathetic to clubs now and mainly the fans, So don't like to see any club go down. Except Sunderland. I ****ing hate Sunderland.

Appointing McLeish was a right :facepalm2: moment though.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 21, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.