Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aston Villa relegated?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Massive club which has been in the bottom half of the table all season...... along with only 30k attendance and no trophies.... yup big club indeed!!
    It is ironic to see a Newcastle fan spouting off like this, wait till you have a slip down to the bottom half of the table again and you'll all be super defensive at anybody daring to suggest that Newcastle isn't a massive club...
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    The usual trend for a Villa manager is a bright start and then gradually staleness/rot sets in (only to a limited extent with O'Neill to be fair). If McLeish achieves a miracle survival this year you have to wonder if the staleness will start to set in after that....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    murpo is a moron.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    Part of me wants them to go down - As revenge for sending us down a few seasons ago.

But after experiencing relegation. I'm more sympathetic to clubs now and mainly the fans, So don't like to see any club go down. Except Sunderland. I ****ing hate Sunderland.

Appointing McLeish was a right :facepalm2: moment though.
    Thats why this thread was getting so many Newcastle replies. Had completely forgotten about that.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    They won't go. Blackburn are as good as gone, it'll be one of QPR or Bolton in the final spot - hopefully QPR.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    They won't go. Blackburn are as good as gone, it'll be one of QPR or Bolton in the final spot - hopefully QPR.
    McLeish will probably be gone though.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walterwhite123)
    oh no doubt, and I do enjoy seeing Villa struggle - their fans were so ungrateful for what O'Neill did with them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonstudent1)
    Thats why this thread was getting so many Newcastle replies. Had completely forgotten about that.
    Yep. I don't hold a great hate towards Villa. It wasn't just that result that sent us down,

Shocking results along with players who couldnt give a rats hoop about the club and just wanted their paychecks (Yes Micheal Owen, Mainly you) Stupid board decisions and Joe ****ing Kinnear etc were the faults.

Just the good few thousand Villa fans that day who taunted Newcastle & fans when they sent us down. Will be nice to see them experience it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want QPR to stay up but Villa are a good club, wouldn't want to see them get relegated but dear dear they've been awful this season, the whole thing needs a massive shake up. I saw them at the Emirates twice this season, terrible, terrible football team.

Benty must be kicking himself, he's really ****ed up his career, the move to Spurs was all wrong and it went downhill from there, he best pray Kenneth fancies another splurge on a English player.

Villa have some decent young players, maybe it would be good for them to spend a year in the championship, where they could learn their trade and improve.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think Wigan have survived with yet again a good games. Set of games this time - beat Liverpool, Arsenal, Man utd, Newcastle, and was unlucky against Chelsea. Everyone possibly tipped them to lose against those sides.

Wolves are already down, no surprise, could see it from a long way off when they were losing and their relegation battlers gaining points.

Blackburn are possibly down, though maybe they can hope that QPR, Bolton and maybe Villa can drop points and they can gain some. Possibly too much to ask for, so maybe they are relegated. Can't see Kean go though.

Bolton and QPR - a close one, could come down to the final game [hopefully it will]. But Bolton do have a game in hand vs Spurs, not sure how that could pan out, but they'll lose I think

(Original post by walterwhite123)
    Maybe yes, but Lerner could say that you survived so you got another season... although they also gave backing to him not long ago.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Think Wigan have survived with yet again a good games. Set of games this time - beat Liverpool, Arsenal, Man utd, Newcastle, and was unlucky against Chelsea. Everyone possibly tipped them to lose against those sides.

Wolves are already down, no surprise, could see it from a long way off when they were losing and their relegation battlers gaining points.

Blackburn are possibly down, though maybe they can hope that QPR, Bolton and maybe Villa can drop points and they can gain some. Possibly too much to ask for, so maybe they are relegated. Can't see Kean go though.

Bolton and QPR - a close one, could come down to the final game [hopefully it will]. But Bolton do have a game in hand vs Spurs, not sure how that could pan out, but they'll lose I think

Maybe yes, but Lerner could say that you survived so you got another season... although they also gave backing to him not long ago.
    Unless Lerner is stupid then he will get rid. The fans have completely turned, there is no future for McLeish and his **** tactics.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I hope so!
    SOTV :love:
    You again :eek:

First you diss my city, then you diss my team
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    deluded. You have a 40k stadium but only get 30k attendance per game and your away support is **** too, big club!
    Are you kidding? For one, Villa Park is a great stadium, much much better than over half of the teams in the Premier league.
    You're right about the attendance, but this is purely down to Mcleish and a form of protest from the fans, you'll find that pre-Mcleish the average attendance was around 35-38k, again much bigger than many Premier League teams.
    We have easily some of the best training facilities in the country and one of the best youth systems, if not the best in the country.

And to say our away support is **** is absurd, our away support often out sing the home fans throughout games, whether we're winning or losing. And we always sell out our away allocations, which is more than can be said for some clubs who barely manage 500 fans at away games.

There's no point getting on your high horse just because you're having a good season. And no doubt seeing it as some sort of revenge because you couldn't handle a bit of banter from our fans when we sent you down.
    Sure you're a good team, I don't dispute that, but other than having a couple of good seasons just recently what the hell makes you any bigger than us?
    You're stadium? It seems to be your top argument, that's nonsense.
    If we're going into history, then we're a far bigger, more successful club than you.
    And I mean, even recently, you don't have anything to shout about. Whilst we were challenging for the top four 3 years in a row, you were playing in the championship!

As for the topic of the thread, honestly I don't know, we should be able to stay up but right now it's impossible to see us winning a game the way Mcleish is setting us out to play. He has to go at the end of the season, no question. Lerner would be a fool not to get rid, it's costing him endless amount of money in ticket sales/season ticket sales, and could ultimately cost him a whole lot more if we're relegated!
    But even if we lose our final 2 games, we have a better goal difference than the teams below us, and for at least 2 of Blackburn, Bolton and QPR to pass us will take a fair amount of work on their part! At best they'd maybe get a win each and a draw, or one more win, which would bring it to goal difference, but with the teams they're playing, not losing a game seems highly unlikely.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Watching Aston Villa is like watching... Aston Villa.

Don't think they'll get relegated, though.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    They'll stay up.

I just hope they stick by McLeish and Hughton can get us up through the play-offs because they will be some bloody brilliant derby atmospheres.

I think whatever happens, big Eck has royally ****ed his career. Greedy ****.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh no doubt, and I do enjoy seeing Villa struggle - their fans were so ungrateful for what O'Neill did with them.
    We're not, we just don't think he was the messiah that everybody else thinks he is. He made a lot of mistakes, ones that have cost us now, and he left as the season was starting because he knew he couldn't continue keeping us where we were.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    did anyone see the banner the WBA fans had at the game v Villa the other day saying "Mcleish Please Stay"?
    Well, as Roy's gone, and seeing as you asked so nicely...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    their fans were so ungrateful for what O'Neill did with them.
    Yes, I did never thank him for leaving us 4 days before the season started with a load of crap, grossly overpaid players sitting on the bench. Leaving us now struggling to lower our wage bill so that we can free up some money for players. And with a load of old players that will be sold for huge losses.

And did I mention the fact that he left, after spending £120million+ in just 4 seasons, because he was told he wasn't allowed any more money until he got rid of the players that he paid huge sums of money for just to leave them sat on the bench?!

As somebody said above me, he had his bad points...
    But it was fun whilst it lasted.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Yes, I did never thank him for leaving us 4 days before the season started with a load of crap, grossly overpaid players sitting on the bench. Leaving us now struggling to lower our wage bill so that we can free up some money for players. And with a load of old players that will be sold for huge losses.

And did I mention the fact that he left, after spending £120million+ in just 4 seasons, because he was told he wasn't allowed any more money until he got rid of the players that he paid huge sums of money for just to leave them sat on the bench?!

As somebody said above me, he had his bad points...
    But it was fun whilst it lasted.
    The crap players that had you punching well above your weight? The players that Lerner was selling from under O'Neill's feet?

MON was never one to take crap like that from a chairman, sticking his nose in where it wasn't wanted. The general consensus from fans I've talked to seems to be that he walked because he'd had enough of Lerner selling players and then not giving any of that money to O'Neill to actually replace them.

Yeah, he may have had a few bad points, every manager has, but he took you well above your standard, making average players like Gareth Barry look like world beaters and yet your fans don't appear to be as grateful for that as they should be.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.