Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hungry but trying to keep fit help!!

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P.h.o.e.n.i.x.y)
    How do I know if my diet is 500 calorie a day?

And well, the massages are useful, it make the muscles move, so, it's not totally pointless. perhaps it's just much less effective than going for a run. Running for like 5-10 mins a day or walking on a crosstrainers, do these help?
    Energy = Work Done = Force x Distance.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P.h.o.e.n.i.x.y)
    I try to eat less carbohydrate everyday, I try to exercise and generally, will use tummy massages to get rid of the fats that accumulate at my tummy.

I eat a lot lesser than before, but more frequent meals. I have always heard that it's best to not eat anything at night besides dinner. And don't eat too much for dinner too.

However, after I had dinner, like an average dinner, I always feel hungry in the middle of the night at about 10pm-11pm. I have to eat otherwise I will have gastric wind. So, I'm trying to keep fit, so I really don't want to eat so late at night. And I generally don't sleep early, I usually sleep at about 12pm the earliest. I can get gastric wind if I get too hungry. What should I do??
    i believe (which is based on scientific fact) that calorie quality is far more important than quantity ie calorie deficit to loose weight. If u focus on eating real food, ie meat, fruit, veg, (something that has grown or lived and hasnt had too much processing before getting to ur plate) and stop eating processed carbs ie bread, pasta and sugary food then ur insulin sensitvity will improve, which will help A LOT with weight loss and general health. but thats just my opinion, good luck :-) oh and some reading to prove i aint making it up lol http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/w...ess/#more-3716
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Carbs are not bad for you so dont eat less of them just balance them out in your meals.

Eating at night is neither good or bad for you, if you feel hungry at night then save some of your daily calories to be consumed at night.

Like everyone else mentioned about the massaging the belly...they are correct it does nothing for you in terms of "getting rid of the fats that accumate at my tummy".

If your feeling hungry it just means your not eating enough. Also if your losing weight it does not mean you have to not be full, first figure out your daily calorie intake..if your female you should stick around the 1200 mark. Then begin to eat foods with less calories which are also filling, for example white fish, fruit, veg etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken Hulk)
    Carbs are not bad for you so dont eat less of them just balance them out in your meals.

Eating at night is neither good or bad for you, if you feel hungry at night then save some of your daily calories to be consumed at night.

Like everyone else mentioned about the massaging the belly...they are correct it does nothing for you in terms of "getting rid of the fats that accumate at my tummy".

If your feeling hungry it just means your not eating enough. Also if your losing weight it does not mean you have to not be full, first figure out your daily calorie intake..if your female you should stick around the 1200 mark. Then begin to eat foods with less calories which are also filling, for example white fish, fruit, veg etc.
    if u were referring to me when u said carbs arent bad for u then yes i agree, it was processed carbs that should be avoided, especially if trying to loose weight. Fruit and veg are healthier sources of carbs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've read that the whole not eating less than 3 hours before you sleep thing is a myth. If you're doing exercise, especially weights, you'll still burn some calories once you've stopped.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.