Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The classic nintendo thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I was looking around "gaming", but there was not a thread in which classics are discussed. That's why I thought about to create a thread which contains classic games. In this thread it can be discussed about games for:

NES,
    SNES and
    N64

And now it's your turn! Talk about your favorite classic game whatever you want!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    God I wish games were as good as they were back on the N64. That seemed to be the prime of gaming for me.

Mainly because I was a big platform head, and they had some smashers on there. DK64 I think is quite under rated because it came out towards the end of the console's life. Both Zelda games on there too... :sogood:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aust1n)
    (...) DK64 I think is quite under rated because it came out towards the end of the console's life. Both Zelda games on there too... :sogood:
    DK64 is one of my favorites on N64. I think that is not underestimated by classic gamers. Ocarina of time was an absolutely fantastic game in my opinion and it's still an amazing game. But Majorask Mask is not my business to be honest.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. I just don't remember that many people I knew playing it back then.

Having multiple characters, epic level design, good multiplayer, it had everything you want from a good platformer. Better than Mario 64 IMO, but that is only because M64 came out right at the beginning, and was massively groundbreaking too.

DK Country on the SNES as well, ah man I need to bust out some nostalgia gaming.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (...) DK Country on the SNES as well, ah man I need to bust out some nostalgia gaming.
    I agree with you. It was super, but the best in the DK series for SNES was DKC2.
    It has an interesting quest in there in my opinion.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I loved DK country on the snes id actually love to play that right now...also mario kart! But also on the SNES there was Killer instinct and street fighter! Both amazing games

For the N64 there were too many, DK64..super mario 64..mario kart 64..Zelda ocarina of time (ive never played majoras mask :/)..Goldeneye of course

And i actually quite liked the mario party and pokemon stadium games haah
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Street fighter is my favorite in beat 'n up. No doubt, it's good. But what about terranigma?
    I had heard it's THAT game for SNES for majority. Any opinions?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Clayfighter 631/3 was pretty good for a fighter on the 64. They didn't seem to have too many.

Original Turok too. Only had about 9 levels but they were all of an epic scale.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I completed Super Mario Bros 3 on my GB Micro earlier today But I noticed an odd thing when I got to Bowser's room, the grey panel floor changed from 6 blocks wide to 4 blocks after I lost a life.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found my SNES earlier. Browsing ebay to get a few more games for the collection..

Anyone got any suggestions other than ebay to look for retro games?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (...) Original Turok too. Only had about 9 levels but they were all of an epic scale.
    Oh lord, that was my nightmare in my childhood! :eek: it was too violent for me at that time. In my point of view today, it's ridiculous. There are games which are more violent compare to turok. If I was been an adult at that time, I had bought it.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still play the original mario
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    (...) Anyone got any suggestions other than ebay to look for retro games?
    How about a flea market? There are some good games for SNES at an appropriate price. I suggest you terranigma.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I found my SNES earlier. Browsing ebay to get a few more games for the collection..

Anyone got any suggestions other than ebay to look for retro games?
    Illusion of Time. Seriously difficult Zelda-esque RPG. Very good game.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody here used to play, Street Racer?? on the SNES
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    How about a flea market? There are some good games for SNES at an appropriate price. I suggest you terranigma.
    I've tried markets before but never able to find good games. Usually loads of dross and a bunch of over priced common games.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good old times! I don't forget how much SNES games were available in every shop in which I was. And now, 13 years later, there aren't at a flea market which getting put out of business more and more. But these games had/have more ideas in my opinion compared to the newest. That's why they are still my favourites.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dad had a NES and we had three games on it - Super Mario Bros 3, Mission: Impossible and Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge.

The latter had some pretty ****ing cool music (skip to 1:50):

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had my N64 for almost 14 years, and still play it on a regular basis. It's like the Nokia of the gaming consoles <3
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I've had my N64 for almost 14 years, and still play it on a regular basis. It's like the Nokia of the gaming consoles <3
    Then have you ever played "Conkers bad fur day"? the criticisms sounds great. If you played it, what is your opipinion?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.