AS Edexcel Biology Unit 1 June 12- 14th of May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
It's unfair, AQA got there unofficial ms as soon as there exam finished
please,people i am dying here get me the mark scheme
Reply 442
I bet Oli_G knows something about it!
Oil_G please if u know any thing about it please you have my life in your hands
I guess nobody has an unofficial mark scheme yet. I would love to know what I roughly got!
Reply 445
Original post by hittex
All of these are isomers of one another, but the question asked for the differences. That being a similarity, I think my answer will be wrong! :/

If you check wikipedia's artcile on Caffeine and check under metabolism - they totally copied that diagram from there !
Reply 446
Hey could anyone tell me the answer to the question on about why the heart muscle stops contracting after 8 mins and then starts to die after 20 mins ?
Guys, what do you think the gradfe boundaries are going to be like this year tho?
Original post by oli_G
Do you know what 72 ish out of 80 would be in UMS points? (that's about what I think I got in this exam)

A friend got 69 in Jan and got 118/120 ums in total. By comparing difficulty, I reckon that would probably be full ums, especially considering 75/80 was the highest anyone got in the Jan paper - to me that speaks volumes.
When's the unofficial mark scheme out?? :frown: i neeeed to see it~!
Reply 450
Gah I didn't put antihypertensives because it said type of DRUG and not types of drugs thinking they wanted a specific example....Think I've dropped 3 there :/
Reply 451
Edexcel doesn't release unofficial mark schemes. Unless someone got the paper and decided to make one themselves..
Reply 452
Original post by c++renegade
A friend got 69 in Jan and got 118/120 ums in total. By comparing difficulty, I reckon that would probably be full ums, especially considering 75/80 was the highest anyone got in the Jan paper - to me that speaks volumes.

Awesome :smile:

Lets just hope my guess is accurate..
Reply 453
Original post by Saiyu
Gah I didn't put antihypertensives because it said type of DRUG and not types of drugs thinking they wanted a specific example....Think I've dropped 3 there :/

Are you a medicine reapplicant?

(Curious from your sig :rolleyes: )
Reply 454
anyone know when the unofficial mark scheme is gonna be published? im roasting here :\
what'll be 71 out of 80 !
I reckon i could have got 65 maybe, i think the questions were:
Multipule choice, trna, mrna
Carbohydrates
Heart, giraffe thing
enzyme, pH experiment
blood clot question, ATP
caffiene question
question about drug, antihypertensives, two groups
gene therapy one
I found it quite difficult, so I think about 55 for an A, bearing in mind that in june 09 is was 49 for an A
Original post by shahruk
Hey could anyone tell me the answer to the question on about why the heart muscle stops contracting after 8 mins and then starts to die after 20 mins ?

Yepp erm if i can remember correctly, the ATP concentration at 8 minutes was critical at about 52%? so the muscle no longer had enough energy to contract and after 20 minutes there was insufficient oxygen for the cells to respire anaerobically, as the blood supply had been cut off and oxygen is transported through the blood and so the cells started to die
i think thats right because my teacher told me it was after the exam
Reply 458
Original post by Saleha
Yepp erm if i can remember correctly, the ATP concentration at 8 minutes was critical at about 52%? so the muscle no longer had enough energy to contract and after 20 minutes there was insufficient oxygen for the cells to respire anaerobically, as the blood supply had been cut off and oxygen is transported through the blood and so the cells started to die
i think thats right because my teacher told me it was after the exam

Wow I wrote the same thing !! :biggrin: That gives me some solace thanks ! What did you write for " why the tissue recovers after 20mins if ATP is introduced ? "
Mark scheeeeeeeeeeme. puuuhleaseee i need to see it :frown: edexcel sucks!

Quick Reply

Latest