The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Biology Unit 1 June 12- 14th of May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy16
Sorry for the thread revival, but this was my first exam, and one that I complained about quite alot, heck when I unleashed my rant I got 10 likes!

I must admit, with A levels don't entirely trust your instinct, quite a few of my worries were non-existant, infact in some modules that I thought were bad, were actually better than the other one in the subject!

The biggest shock for me is this specific exam, I can't believe I have been somehow awarded 120/120 UMS for it, while the second exam which I thought went much better I got 103! Some very lucky bullsh*tting from me. Still, I'd of preferred to do well in physics, and my bullsh*tting didn't work too well for my first physics exam, got a B in it (A overall though). Need to sort out some retakes, still overall pleased!

I got 120 too! I was really surprised as I thought I did better in unit 2 which I got 96 in :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 481
Original post by Andy16
Sorry for the thread revival, but this was my first exam, and one that I complained about quite alot, heck when I unleashed my rant I got 10 likes!

I must admit, with A levels don't entirely trust your instinct, quite a few of my worries were non-existant, infact in some modules that I thought were bad, were actually better than the other one in the subject!

The biggest shock for me is this specific exam, I can't believe I have been somehow awarded 120/120 UMS for it, while the second exam which I thought went much better I got 103! Some very lucky bullsh*tting from me. Still, I'd of preferred to do well in physics, and my bullsh*tting didn't work too well for my first physics exam, got a B in it (A overall though). Need to sort out some retakes, still overall pleased!

Yeah, I got 120 UMS in this exam too. Crazy! I thought I had majorly screwed it up as I thought I wrote about the experiment wrong, and literally wrote basically the same answer for 3/4 questions. :biggrin: Was really worried about this module result as well!
Reply 482
Original post by ummm
Yeah, I got 120 UMS in this exam too. Crazy! I thought I had majorly screwed it up as I thought I wrote about the experiment wrong, and literally wrote basically the same answer for 3/4 questions. :biggrin: Was really worried about this module result as well!

Must've been very low grade boundaries, I just remembered about that ridiculous experiment you had to design where I said a load of rubbish. Anyway, I have suspicions my two biology exam marks have been accidently swapped!
Reply 483
Original post by Andy16
Must've been very low grade boundaries, I just remembered about that ridiculous experiment you had to design where I said a load of rubbish. Anyway, I have suspicions my two biology exam marks have been accidently swapped!

Hahaha, omg, I wrote a load of rubbish for that question too - something about using universal indicator to monitor changes in PH... Usually the experiments are easy marks as well, as you just have to regurgitate the steps to one of the practicals we did.
Hi All

does anybody have the June 2012 Mark scheme for unit 1 biology. I have got my paper back and just want to see what key words i should have added as i think what i wrote was right but clearly it wasnt on the mark scheme :frown:
Reply 485
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for the as level unit 1 biology june 2012 exam? or even better the question paper or real mark scheme?! need it tonight, please help! thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending