The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Biology Unit 1 June 12- 14th of May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
does anyone have the mark scheme for the may 2011 paper? Thanks
Original post by bertiejess
does anyone have the mark scheme for the may 2011 paper? Thanks

All the pastpapers, markschemes, and examiner reports are available (for free) on edexcels website.

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/June%202011%20-%20MS/6BI01_01_rms_20110817.pdf
Most of you should be doing chemistry as well ?
Original post by himi-patel
if you check out the points in the graph......the bar graph is overlapping so dont get confused on how to read the graph...just read it direct,,,,in usa for males itz 72 and females itz 68...so ratio is 72:68....now if u keep dividing the numbers ,,to the simplest ratio you get 18:17

how are we suppose to know it's the whole bar and not just the white section?
Original post by YellowAndBlack
Most of you should be doing chemistry as well ?

Yeah D:. what are you going todo about about chem? i need to start revising but i dont know what to revise for. chem or bio AHHH :s lol.
Reply 45
Original post by MarshmallowBob
Yeah D:. what are you going todo about about chem? i need to start revising but i dont know what to revise for. chem or bio AHHH :s lol.

both mate, split ur day up, so for the first half, revise bio and for the other half revise bio
Reply 46
Original post by avipsita
for this paper i am sure some enzyme questions and lots of diffusion and heart especially heart questions might come up

My teacher always says never assume because it makes an ASS out of U and ME. That being said, revise everything. Always good to be safe than sorry :smile:
Reply 47
How's everyone feeling about this exam?
Reply 48
Original post by IchHabDichLieb
how are we suppose to know it's the whole bar and not just the white section?

In statistical data(the graph and bar graph stuff),,,,,,if NOT specified the the bars drawn DO NOT overlap...then it means it they do overlap...an any type of bar graph...may it be in any category....remember that......if two diffrent colours are used in the same chart like the one in the paper and any information on exeptions not given...just read direct values
Can anyone explain the role of RNA polymerase in transcription and do we have to know about exons and introns of precursor mRNA?
Reply 50
Original post by The_New_Guy
Can anyone explain the role of RNA polymerase in transcription and do we have to know about exons and introns of precursor mRNA?

The enzyme DNA polymerase links the adjacent nucleotides to form a complementary strand. This enzyme is involved in DNA replication.

You don't have to know about exons and introns of precursor mRNA

By the way, these are my notes on Transcription and Translation, have a look.
Reply 51
can anyone please send me any good notes to study from?:frown: mines are too complicated :'(
Reply 52
What experiment do you guys think will come up? :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by amr9595
can anyone please send me any good notes to study from?:frown: mines are too complicated :'(

notes
Reply 54
Original post by Kabelan1
Try and make notes on each topic, using the book provided by edexcel, or a revision guide, or even the internet.

After that use the notes, try and understand it. Once you do understand it try and memorise it. I do this with most of the topics. But, just remember to understand it before memorising it.

Btw I use the specification to check of all the things I have to know.

Here's a link below

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA024831%20GCE%20in%20Biology%20Issue%204%20250510.pdf

The checklist for unit 1 and starts on page 21.

It may be that this method does not work for you, you may be suited to making quick flash cards.

2 Days should be more than time enough to learn those topics.

This is pretty good advice thanks

Also, meow_56 those notes are pretty helpful but how am I supposed to read the upside-down pages properly?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Nas.
This is pretty good advice thanks

Also, meow_56 those notes are pretty helpful but how am I supposed to read the upside-down pages properly?

rotate the pages or print them
Reply 56
Original post by Kabelan1
Specimen Past Paper, and the Jan 2012 paper, for those who don't have it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53592381/GCE-Biology-6BI01

thanks a lot man do u know where i can get the mark scheme for the specimen paper you just gave out. ta
Reply 57
Original post by meow_56
notes

hey these are really helpful. Have you any similar notes on unit 2? it will be greatly appreciated. thanks
Reply 58
Original post by dineshn
thanks a lot man do u know where i can get the mark scheme for the specimen paper you just gave out. ta

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Biology/Specimen/sam-gce-biology.pdf

Page 95.

Quick Reply

Latest