The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Biology Unit 1 June 12- 14th of May

Anyone else doing this exam? How are all of you preparing for it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah i am giving this unit..... I have been going through the revision guide a lot of times........and some notes as well. And past papers of course. but what makes me more nervous is the bio unit 3B??? Are you giving the practicals as well?
Reply 2
arnab are you re-sitting?
Reply 3
Original post by Hdizzle
arnab are you re-sitting?

yep, i want to get an higher A on this...why?
Reply 4
Can anyone describe the cardic cycle in full details? for say like a 8mark question?
Reply 5
Original post by arnab

oh right

no just recalled you having a decent grade so was surprised
what was your ums?
Original post by arnab

Hey Arnab,
Sorry to annoy you and all, but how exactly did you get an A? did you study from the edexcel endorsed book, or mainly from a revision guide, or did you memorize mark schemes? I really want to get an A (lol, like everybody), any help would be HIGHLY appreciated. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by MarshmallowBob
Hey Arnab,
Sorry to annoy you and all, but how exactly did you get an A? did you study from the edexcel endorsed book, or mainly from a revision guide, or did you memorize mark schemes? I really want to get an A (lol, like everybody), any help would be HIGHLY appreciated. :smile:

well i didnt even use the edexcel book. Just memorised the cgp book off by heart and then did every single past paper question i could get my hands on, starting back from 2001 - 2012.
After doing so many pp, when i ever i read a questions, the answer could automatically come to my head:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by arnab
well i didnt even use the edexcel book. Just memorised the cgp book off by heart and then did every single past paper question i could get my hands on, starting back from 2001 - 2012.
After doing so many pp, when i ever i read a questions, the answer could automatically come to my head:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks a Billion! i tried repping you but it didnt work lol. definitly will when i can. thanks again :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by MarshmallowBob
Thanks a Billion! i tried repping you but it didnt work lol. definitly will when i can. thanks again :biggrin:

its kl :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks arnab! Are the 2001-2008 any useful as they are legacy old style papers?

Also the Jan 12 paper was pretty hard, my first sitting for the bio 1 is next week?! I'm getting like low Cs?!?! How on earth do I push it up to a B grade?! I've been revising and it clearly isn't paying off.
Reply 11
Original post by hamzah190
Thanks arnab! Are the 2001-2008 any useful as they are legacy old style papers?

Also the Jan 12 paper was pretty hard, my first sitting for the bio 1 is next week?! I'm getting like low Cs?!?! How on earth do I push it up to a B grade?! I've been revising and it clearly isn't paying off.

try doing past papers man, even i did the same mistake for jan exams, i took all unit 1's and ended up getting E's .. :/ the main reason was i revised but didnt do much pastpapers, jus like 1 or 2, so the more papers you do the more familiar you are with the unit.. do as much as you can, probably from 10-20 papers should cement your understanding of that unit :smile:

hope that helped :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by DevilSmite
try doing past papers man, even i did the same mistake for jan exams, i took all unit 1's and ended up getting E's .. :/ the main reason was i revised but didnt do much pastpapers, jus like 1 or 2, so the more papers you do the more familiar you are with the unit.. do as much as you can, probably from 10-20 papers should cement your understanding of that unit :smile:

Thank you very much :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by DevilSmite

Cheers
The past papers for the specimen only go back to 09? Is it worth doing the previous legacy ones?
Reply 14
Original post by hamzah190
Cheers
The past papers for the specimen only go back to 09? Is it worth doing the previous legacy ones?

well tbh man its all upto you, since youve already revised, start doing the most recent pastpapers, do as much as you can, but its compulsory to do from 2012-2009, you can do the older ones if youve got time, generally about 6 papers should help you get an A iA :smile:
Reply 15
Hi all,

Can someone please upload the jan 2012 paper + MS for this exam? thanks!!
Reply 16
So what sort of questuons would come ? I got a C in my last bio exam and I resitting it to see if I can get an A . However Ifind it really stressful studying for both units 1 and 2 . Any tips on what exactly should I revise for unit 1 like the topics that are most important ?
Can someone please upload papers from 2001-2008 for Unit 1 and Unit 2? :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Does anyone have any ideas about which core practical might come up in this paper? Thanks
Reply 19
Original post by Ataraxian-Walker
Can someone please upload papers from 2001-2008 for Unit 1 and Unit 2? :frown:

http://www.mystudytable.com/biology-f28/biology-unit-queston-papers-2001-2008-t92.html
http://www.mystudytable.com/biology-f46/biology-unit-mark-schemes-2001-2007-t95.html

check this out....hope this helps...best of luck:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending