I've applied in these unis for digital media and every one of them has their pros and cons. I'm completely torn between bournemouth and sussex as they seem the best choices, but i've also been thinking about edinburgh napier and leeds. I have offers from all of them. Please I need any kind of input,opinion,information about the unis and courses as I'm an international student and can't go to open days.
So here are my thoughts:
Sussex- Computing for Digital Media
- more technical course- that's the main turn off for me because I wanted more design and practical stuff
- great area-Brighton and London near
- big uni- lots of people- I like that
- more reputable
- uni campus-everything is in one place
Bournemouth- Digital Media Design
- lots of practical projects- that's great, because I'll have a bigger portfolio of work=better chances for job later
- in a very small town, seems to me lots of old people live there- biggest turn off
- The Media school- good
- campus is spread around town- not good
- seems as people who go there are not very interested in studying rather than partying
- accommodation looks bad
Leeds- New Media
- campus is good
- course more concentrated on media studies- not good
- people seem to love Leeds generally
Edinburgh Napier- Digital Media
only reason I would choose this uni would be because it's free for EU students( as opposed to 9000 pounds in England) and because it's in Edinburgh- lovely city
So there, I really have no idea which one would be better, I guess they all have their pros and cons but I'm really scared of making a wrong choice. Please help, I would really appreciate it
Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
Already a member?
Oops, something wasn't right
please check the following:
Not got an account?
Sign up now
© Copyright The Student Room 2016 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22
Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE