Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

digital media- uni choice help

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied in these unis for digital media and every one of them has their pros and cons. I'm completely torn between bournemouth and sussex as they seem the best choices, but i've also been thinking about edinburgh napier and leeds. I have offers from all of them. Please I need any kind of input,opinion,information about the unis and courses as I'm an international student and can't go to open days.

So here are my thoughts:

Sussex- Computing for Digital Media
    - more technical course- that's the main turn off for me because I wanted more design and practical stuff
    - great area-Brighton and London near
    - big uni- lots of people- I like that
    - more reputable
    - uni campus-everything is in one place

Bournemouth- Digital Media Design
    - lots of practical projects- that's great, because I'll have a bigger portfolio of work=better chances for job later
    - in a very small town, seems to me lots of old people live there- biggest turn off
    - The Media school- good
    - campus is spread around town- not good
    - seems as people who go there are not very interested in studying rather than partying
    - accommodation looks bad

Leeds- New Media
    - campus is good
    - course more concentrated on media studies- not good
    - people seem to love Leeds generally

Edinburgh Napier- Digital Media
    only reason I would choose this uni would be because it's free for EU students( as opposed to 9000 pounds in England) and because it's in Edinburgh- lovely city

So there, I really have no idea which one would be better, I guess they all have their pros and cons but I'm really scared of making a wrong choice. Please help, I would really appreciate it

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 28, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.