The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Belmont Tower anyone??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good to see a fellow member of the movement. We meet in the village hall for crumpets every wednesday to discuss monster rights. :smile: I thought we'd be safer in a tower but seen as they can fly... we're in a bit of a pickle.
Very nice to meet you too, Shaina Dillon. :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Oh my god. :') I'll bring the tea. :cool: Ah that's why you chose Belmont Tower too?!?! Great minds... :biggrin:
Reply 22
It's a quaint little set up. Excellent, I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to tea anyway. :smile: It was indeed. That, and if I'm in Belmont Tower I won't have to actually look at it.:biggrin:
Oh good stuff, we can set up a support group for our fellow addicts. :biggrin: Being on study leave, I'm currently going through about 14 cups a day. :smile:
That is brilliant logic. :') It has to be the ugliest building in the solar system. :/
Reply 24
I fear it would shift from being a support group to an enthusiast club, and would nurture our addictions. I'm okay with it though... :smile: Samers, 12-ish is about what I'm getting through. There are worse addictions though.:rolleyes: It looks like a battleship or something. The very definition of dreary.
Here... I think all would be ok with it. :biggrin: Sure ya can't revise without it. :biggrin: Odd question, but have ye decent teabags in Scotland?! Cos I swear, I may need to get tea packages sent from home... :/
It really is. :/ I'm assuming not your first choice either then?! :')
Reply 26
Yeah, stuff the whole "My name's Ally, and I'm an Alco-... Teaholic" thing. I'm pretty sure certain types of tea can be beneficial. Cookies too. I'm addicted to cookies. Yeah, they're pretty good, and most places have a good selection of them too. :smile:
Nah, I didn't really look at it much, so I put it as second. I then subsequently google images'd it, then thought "Oh dear god why?!"... :eek:
Exactly. :smile: Apparently tea makes you really tired cos it stops you absorbing iron or something?! :/ OH WELL. :biggrin: Aw cookies are the best/worst. :/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbgRyColvE Found this yesterday. You may enjoy. :smile: lol
I know, I was the same. :/ I was all like, "Oh Belmont flats look nice, Belmont tower MUST be the same" How wrong I was... :/ Oh well, we'll have the bant none the less. :smile:
Reply 28
Really?! Oh... that may explain a thing or two. :smile: That's brilliant! (I actually have cookie monster pyjamas. I'm cool like that) He shares my opinion on cookies.
Yeah, I guess so. And we'll get a whole tonne of exercise (metric tonne that is!) going up and down all the stairs. :biggrin:
I know right?! The world makes sense suddenly. :biggrin: Oh hi 5, me too! :biggrin: They're covered in NOM :')
A METRIC tonne?! And a whole one?! D: Woah... That's a while lot of exercise... Chances of there being working lifts?! :/
Reply 30
Yeah! Although, in lieu of these recent findings, I still refuse to cut back on my tea drinking. I can stop whenever I want, I swear! Don't take it away from me! :smile: Really? :biggrin: NICE!
Yeah, the institute of I-make-stuff-up-sometimes did a bunch of research on it. :smile:
Erm, I think it will... hopefully. Not the biggest fan of lifts though myself.
Yea, we'll just pretend we never knew. That works right?! :/ :biggrin: It's ok, no one's gonna take it away from you... yet. :colone:
Ah yes, their research is very reliable so I hear. :smile: World leading stuff. :smile:
Me neither. But I like jumping in them on the way down so you stay in the air for a long time. :smile: Shockingly, this tends to make fellow passengers rather uncomfortable...
Reply 32
I think it does. In fact, I'm sure of it. :biggrin: You don't understand! Tea and I were so happy together! :frown:
Only the very best. To critical acclaim 'n' stuff like that. :smile:
That's also one of my favourite past times. Also enjoyable: Electing yourself as the undisputed benevolent dictator of the buttons, and welcoming people aboard with a handshake. They're not so keen on that either. :s-smilie:
Yea I'm pretty sure the institute of I-make-stuff-up-sometimes had some findings supporting that hypothesis. :biggrin: I know it's hard, but you have to move on.
Stuff like that is right. :biggrin:
So much fun. :') YES! Such banter that is. :') I've found that old people are actually quite responsive to this. :biggrin: You tend to make new (old?!) best friends fairly fast! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Very much so. Did you read their last publishing? Thrilling stuff about how tea gives you super powers. :smile: I would be genuinely distraught if tea left me. :rolleyes:
Lifts make people do strange things. It's great! I know, it's a tad heart warming when that kind of thing happens and you make a new buddy. It happens at bus stops a lot too. :smile:
I did, riveting stuff. :smile: I know and the invisibility thing?! Who saw THAT coming?! I think I would be too. It would be like losing a piece of yourself. :/
Don't they?! I know, it's mega cute. :') Ah yes, bus stops are prime locations for befriending people. :smile: I get emotionally attached though and feel sad when the bus comes. :frown:
Reply 36
I can't wait for the next issue. Was that a pun? If so, gold star to you. However cheesy wordplay may be, I still love it. :smile: They say people are like 70%-ish per cent water? I reckon by this stage I'm 70% tea, so quite literally it would. Prime example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkSPUDpe0U8
They are! When it's time to leave I always feel like we both deserve a hug, but I feel they may panic if a 17 year old guy tried to hug them. :frown:
It was! :biggrin: Why thank you. :') I warn you now, I speak mainly in puns, so you may be prepared for the cheesiness. :smile: Ah I may be too. :/ And the other 30% is pure biscuit. :biggrin:
Oh. My. God. I think we need to decide now, that if there is, in fact, lifts in the tower of belmont next year, we are doing that. Because only then, will my life be complete.
Yea, you've shared something special, it has to be hugged out. :') Yea, I'm pretty sure a vast amount of people could cry rape/mugging/assault. We may have to settle for a fist bump. :/
Reply 38
AHH, me too! Oh, I shall. Prepare for the counter-cheesiness to come your way. :biggrin: That may be the case for me too. Yesterday, I ate a whole packet of Jammy Dodgers, then looked at the wee label. It said it was 50% of my recommended daily calorie intake. I feel sorry for people who have to watch what they eat. I'd probably die if I was one of them. :redface:
YES! It looks like the best thing ever. EVER! :biggrin:
People lack trust these days, although I can see why. People like us are spreading the love. Via more acceptable mediums such as fistbumps, high fives and those gangster-y handshake-ish shoulder bump things. :smile:
Wayhey, these shall be punderful conversations. :') Oh wow. :') That's impressive, kudos. :biggrin: I'm one of these people who probably should, but likes food too much to give a ****. :')
That contract is binding. BOOM. :cool:
I know! I blame the chavs for destroying society. :/ We just want our love to be accepted, like in the 60s. :frown:
aw but everyone loves a good ganster-y handshake-ish should bump things. :')
But I believe is it, in fact, "gansta". I'm down with the kids, I know these things. :cool: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending