The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature F661

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Boom533
Might just be OCR editing, spacing them out to make the AO's clearer.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I might just steal some of the ideas in that essay incase it happens to come up as the poetry question... Although maybe they won't set Old Man because of that resource? Hmmm...

Original post by f1234
You all seem to know what you're talking about unlike myself. Going to be late night revision I suppose - so so many quotations to learn :frown:

Same here! Probably going to wake up extra early tomorrow as well to refresh the quotes in my head.
Original post by katles
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I might just steal some of the ideas in that essay incase it happens to come up as the poetry question... Although maybe they won't set Old Man because of that resource? Hmmm...

Same here! Probably going to wake up extra early tomorrow as well to refresh the quotes in my head.

Lol good idea, wish they had a sample Yeats :frown: Kinda scary how even the good ones only got B's in that resource...

Same, still going over Yeats. Wake up tomorrow and see if I can still remember all the quotes and critics.
Good luck everybody! I remember having the last-minute panic before this exam last year - essay exams are always the scariest.
Reply 103
Original post by juliewho
Good luck everybody! I remember having the last-minute panic before this exam last year - essay exams are always the scariest.

Thanks! I've also got maths to panic about.... T__T Arrghh
Original post by katles

Got Maths, RS and then this D: D: D: D: D: D:

anyway, off to sleep, GOOOOOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

pray for 10/30 A boundaries :wink:
Original post by katles

Can't offer any help on the maths i'm afraid :frown: Try not to over-panic though. This year, I did my A2 English exam in January and had another exam on the same day, straight after - I was so keen to rush through it and get it done because I was worried about the next exam, that I misread a question and did an essay from an entirely irrelevant point. So don't do that :tongue:
Reply 106
Original post by Boom533
Got Maths, RS and then this D: D: D: D: D: D:

anyway, off to sleep, GOOOOOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

pray for 10/30 A boundaries :wink:

Omg that sounds awful... Why do examining boards put such horrible exams together? Good luck!!

And if only the boundary was actually that low... -lesigh-

Original post by juliewho
Can't offer any help on the maths i'm afraid :frown: Try not to over-panic though. This year, I did my A2 English exam in January and had another exam on the same day, straight after - I was so keen to rush through it and get it done because I was worried about the next exam, that I misread a question and did an essay from an entirely irrelevant point. So don't do that :tongue:

Thank you ^^ and ohh noo that sucks! Oh well, at least it's over with!
Reply 107
Yep I have Maths C1 first thing, then English at 1:30....rubbish! I'm going for the theme question I think! Good luck everyone, obviously I want most people to do worse (to lower the boundaries) but I hope you lot do well. Good luck, see you after :biggrin:
Reply 108
Original post by gingernat
Yep I have Maths C1 first thing, then English at 1:30....rubbish! I'm going for the theme question I think! Good luck everyone, obviously I want most people to do worse (to lower the boundaries) but I hope you lot do well. Good luck, see you after :biggrin:

Haha yeah same! Ahhhhhh good luck!!
Original post by R.Val
You'll laugh even harder when i say i haven't even read the whole book - class has been a nightmare, i just don't understand this book or the point of this book!
Do you have any ideas on what the questions could be like?
so so so worried! good luck

The irony of it is our english teacher wrote his masters dissertation on it and got a distinction bu I still no nothing :frown:
I don't blame you there are still kids in my class who havent read it the whole way through.
Nooo our teachers modelled questions out of last years questions on themes and characters so like irony, Winnie, verloc, pessimistic relationships, the police, the professor WTC I hope to god they start easy I don't want to write a question I'm narrative structure or someone random like Mrs neale :frown:
For anyone doing Browning, I just had an epiphany that it might be about death.

But I could be wrong. Just thought I'd share this with you regardless :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by sweetiepie
The irony of it is our english teacher wrote his masters dissertation on it and got a distinction bu I still no nothing :frown:
I don't blame you there are still kids in my class who havent read it the whole way through.
Nooo our teachers modelled questions out of last years questions on themes and characters so like irony, Winnie, verloc, pessimistic relationships, the police, the professor WTC I hope to god they start easy I don't want to write a question I'm narrative structure or someone random like Mrs neale :frown:

I pray it something like a comic family/irony or the acts of terrorism
like you - i hope narrative structure does not come up at all!! & very much hope the police don't either - i do not know enough!!
have you got many critics quotes?
[QUOTE="gingernat;37562014"]So what's everyone doing for the night before then?
I....am panicking :wink:[/QUOTE

I was panicking, but then i remembered that i'm not a retard and that quoting accurately is piss easy. Consequently i went out on the piss whilst you were cowering like a little bitch over your frankenstein text. Mateyy if you cant remember the quotes you're screeewedddd!!!....

Good luck!! Hope you do well.
All the best,
Theloltroll xox
Original post by Boom533
Yeah I'm panicking too :frown: Just going over Yeats again...
Not so nervous about prose, learnt a good amount of quotes and critics...

Also, if in doubt as to who the critic is, just put down 'Harold Bloom', that guy has essays on like every book, every poem, every everthing ever :P

Contrary to what you believe, you don't actually need a critic for the yeats part of the exam! so unlucks, you waster a hefty amount of revision time. If i were to use a critic, however, i would probably use "In memory of WB Yeats" by
Auden.

Good luck fella!
theloltroll xox
Original post by R.Val
I pray it something like a comic family/irony or the acts of terrorism
like you - i hope narrative structure does not come up at all!! & very much hope the police don't either - i do not know enough!!
have you got many critics quotes?

You got your wish! Did you do the humour question? I thought the questions would be a lot more specific but I'm glad they werent as they were more open to interpretation
that way :smile:
Personally I chose the isolation question as i found there was a lot to write about.
I had a few, most of which turned out to be fairly relevant whih was handy.

Hope it went okay for you and everyone else who did it :smile:
Well that went well...
Original post by theloltroll
Contrary to what you believe, you don't actually need a critic for the yeats part of the exam! so unlucks, you waster a hefty amount of revision time. If i were to use a critic, however, i would probably use "In memory of WB Yeats" by
Auden.

Good luck fella!
theloltroll xox

Yeah I said prose required critics in my origina post, knew poetry didn't ) And yeah Auden's work is pretty good for Yeats :smile:

Original post by purple-owl
Well that went well...

Yeah surprisingly, didn't go too badly :P
Yeats was meh, did alright, bit of bs lol
Prose was actually really good, Frankenstein question was really open :biggrin:
Reply 117
Did anybody do the turn of the screw question part a

if so, what did you include? it was so difficult!
Reply 118
ahhhh SO glad that is over with! I personally thought poetry went better for me, for Mrs Dalloway the questions were SO broad and I had a mind blank and could hardly think of any quotes to relate to the question :frown: It sucks, I feel like I didn't get to prove my knowledge on the novel because there was soo much you could talk about.

Now to commence C2 revision!!
Reply 119
Original post by katles
ahhhh SO glad that is over with! I personally thought poetry went better for me, for Mrs Dalloway the questions were SO broad and I had a mind blank and could hardly think of any quotes to relate to the question :frown: It sucks, I feel like I didn't get to prove my knowledge on the novel because there was soo much you could talk about.

Now to commence C2 revision!!

Which Dalloway question did you choose?
I chose a) , didn't do it that great tbh because I didn't really focus on the war during the revision. But my essay was at least coherent and focused if not having a great amount of content..

I did not understand the quotation for b) so I just didn't do it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending