The Student Room Group

Should you take subjects you enjoy or subjects you find easy?

Scroll to see replies

Those are quite some difficult A levels you've chosen there :tongue:imp: well.. not exactly difficult but you certainly can't revise a week before an exam like GCSE, it takes months of revision along with tons of exam papers, you need to learn the content and exam technique is just as important, trust me I know. Start summarising/revising from day one, if you want an A/A* grade that is, good luck :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by bobbricks
I'm considering taking maths, further maths, chemistry and physics at a level. However, I have found some topics in those subjects difficult to grasp and it has taken me some time after school at home to finally understand them. I also find that I seem to ask the teacher for help in most lessons in maths, but when she comes and helps me, I immediately understand it (maybe I work better on a one on one basis?) and I usually don't have to ask for help again so it could her teaching style (it's usually the maths lessons with Additional Maths content)...

So, anyway, is it important to subjects you enjoy or subjects that you find easy and are able to grasp concepts quite quickly? :smile:

I think you should mix it up a bit. i don 2 subjects i enjoy but are deadly difficult Biology and chemistry. I also do 2 i find easy Geography and English. Atleast if you have a balnace between enjoyment and ease your guarenteed happiness and a few good grades :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by diggy
One's you enjoy

The more difficult the subject the greater the reward at the end of it

Which kind of rewards?
Take subjects you enjoy. If you enjoy them, you're more likely to try hard. But because you enjoy it, you won't see it as working hard.
Reply 24
Original post by *Hakz*
Which kind of rewards?

for example i'm taking biology and chem at a level it will be tough but it will help me become a dentist

Or I could take something easy .......
I find doing subjects I enjoy makes learning easier because I am motivated and know a lot about them anyway. But then I am not sure if I enjoy them because I find them easy or if I find them easy because I enjoy them. :P

Then again I am doing humanities, so I often find myself accidently working just because I read a lot.
You'll find the subjects you enjoy the easiest anyway because you'll be most likely to revise for it
If you have a career in mind then ideally you take the subjects that will get you to that job or into a relevant uni course first.
I took ICT because I thought it was easy, now I almost find it harder to learn than Chemistry because I find the content so boring and I just give up. Do what you enjoy, but be realistic, if you're terrible at a subject it isn't wise to take it further.

Quick Reply

Latest