The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Students doing their masters 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So exciting to see lots of people coming along for postgraduates here - it's lovely at Southampton. The thing I love, which seems to be something which particularly happens at Southampton, is that nobody cares what age you are - the opportunities are open to everyone and the community is welcoming to everyone.

Is everyone coming along to the Postgraduate Welcome BBQ? Great chance to meet up with everyone!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Joli

Is everyone coming along to the Postgraduate Welcome BBQ? Great chance to meet up with everyone!

What? When? Where? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 42
Original post by Joli

Out of interest, when is this?

EDIT: Ahh, just checked the SUSU Calendar. I'm out of the UK until the 15th, so won't be able to attend one until then. It's on every week though pretty much, so will people still be going by the 20th of September?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by .ACS.
Out of interest, when is this?

EDIT: Ahh, just checked the SUSU Calendar. I'm out of the UK until the 15th, so won't be able to attend one until then. It's on every week though pretty much, so will people still be going by the 20th of September?

The postgraduate Welcome event should be on the Tuesday the 25th (the Tuesday of Freshers Week) in the Bridge (just into the main students union building) at 3pm :-)
Reply 44
Yay, definitely gonna be there :smile:)

I thought all those welcome events were planned for undergrads, so happy to hear that there is something meant for us specifically :P

Reply 45
M there on the 25th. Where is it? Xx
Reply 46
Original post by tuile
Yay, definitely gonna be there :smile:)

I thought all those welcome events were planned for undergrads, so happy to hear that there is something meant for us specifically :P

There's a lot of things that go on throughout the year for postgraduates, starting at Freshers, but not stopping there! There's a frequent postgraduate quiz, a postgraduate coffee and cake get together every week, various events (such as the Comedy Nights) which are mostly frequented by postgraduates, trips away and all kinds!

Pretty much all of this is student-run, so if there's anything else you'd like to see or anything you'd like to help make happen, you can!

Also, definitely go along to the bunfight and find out about and join societies - they're open to everyone, undergraduate and postgraduate (there's a good balance). Whether you enjoy a lovely walk in the Lake District, a challenging board game, a good debate, picking up a new sport or trying something else new, there's a good selection :-) - there'll specifically be a postgraduate stand there too, where you can sign up and keep updated about everything that might possibly be of interest too!
Reply 47
Studying MA Maritime Archaeology and staying at J-Block! i cant seem to find anything about J-Block on the internet, even though it used to have its own page on the accommodation website. Anyone know much about it? Ive read the postgrad area is the top floor? :smile:
Original post by jch
I'm enrolled on AI. I look forward to meeting you next month.

Hi! I look forward to meeting you too.

If you're on Facebook, maybe you'll find these two groups useful:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225542577512793/ - Official ECS MSc 2012 Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/370842622969150/ - Unofficial MSc AI 2012 Group

Louis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending