Birmingham
Reply 61
Catharsis
Game over
Please insert coin

lol
Catharsis
It's definetely not very meaningful to compare the two
Btw, -again correct me if I'm wrong- isn't the TQA of LSE for politics is 22 whereas Brum's is 24?
Just asking..No offence :rolleyes:

1/The TQA scores are all now years out of date. In any case they were based on the subjective judgement of a handful of randomly picked individuals after a brief visit. Not long ago they were scrapped, largely because LSE exercised its clout in complaining about how bureaucratic and tiresome the inspections were - somehow I don't think the result would have been the same if Birmingham complained - they just don't have the impact. Incidentally, LSE's average TQA scores over the whole period of the TQA were in the top handful.

2/In practice the difference between 22 and 24 points was minimal (anything from 22 to 24 points was regarded as 'excellent'). Often a few points difference was down to procedural and administrative factors-nothing directly to do with academic quality.

3/You need to go on much more than TQA scores to judge a university's quality as a teaching institution.

4/Sure, Birmingham's a very good university, but don't fool yourself that it has the standing of LSE.
Biggles
Well, it's not exactly the LSE, now is it?

Hey, Biggles, good to see you're still rooting for our esteemed academy. What happened to the Oxbridge/Imperial/LSE thread, by the way? It seems to have been deleted....maybe somebody's a bad loser...
W.A.S Hewins
Hey, Biggles, good to see you're still rooting for our esteemed academy. What happened to the Oxbridge/Imperial/LSE thread, by the way? It seems to have been deleted....maybe somebody's a bad loser...

Yes, I noticed that too - Nerd Queen probably couldn't handle your solid arguments anymore and requested that the thread be deleted.
Sup guys - I may be going Birmingham in September to do Economics. My firm choice was 'Economics & Stats' at UCL but I didn't make da grades. :frown:. I got AAB when I needed AAA but I missed da A grade by 4 marks! Harsh!! Howeva they are considerin to offer me a place for "Statistics, Computing, Operational Research and Economics" (SCORE). Da course apparently consists of quarter economics and about half stats. I'm not sure what I shud do - Birmingham or UCL? Which of these courses at these unis are best for career opportunities? Any advice? How is economics like in Birmingham? Any advantages/disadvantages? Please help! Also is there any chance that I would be able to switch courses if I went to UCL to just straight Economics - what is the likelyhood of dis? Would I be to make this switch in the first year or is it likely to be afterwards?
Don't matter nemore. I'm comin Birmingham!!!!! :confused:

Latest