Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

C3 (Not MEI) - Thursday June 14 2012, AM

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor.)
    Right someone please help me out?

\LARGE \int \frac{2}{x-3}

How would I do it? :yep: I've tried looking at \LARGE \int \frac{f'(x)}{f(x)} but it doesn't really work... Pleaseeee help
    I thought it would be just 2ln(x-3)
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sem193)
    I thought it would be just 2ln(x-3)
    Exactly what I thought, but apparently its not
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I thought, but apparently its not
    That's weird. I guess I need help too.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's weird. I guess I need help too.
    I'll have a look at that tomorrow, calling it a day now!
    Tomorrows plan is to do some other subject for the morning and end the day with C3. Is it worth doing tons of questions on 'numerical methods'? - I mean, there's only two things to it and they never change. Only iteration & sign change.

There is a lot of questions in the C3/C4 book but Idk, what dya think I should do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone! can anyone help me on this question \int \frac{e^{2x}}{e^{2x}+3} dx any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king0vdarkness)
    hey everyone! can anyone help me on this question \int \frac{e^{2x}}{e^{2x}+3} dx any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
    \LARGE \int \frac{e^2^x}{e^2^x+3} dx

This has to be in the form: \huge \int \frac{f'(x)}{f(x)}dx= k ln\left |f(x) \right | + c

So: \huge \frac{1}{2}\int \frac{2e^2^x}{e^2^x+3}= \frac{1}{2}ln(e^2^x+3)+c

Let me know how that works out for ya
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just finished going over Trigonometry in the book, dont' the first two pages of the misc questions. The last three questions -Too much effort Decided to just move on
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Having trouble with the equation shown, I know how to get the values of x but the problem is what way does the \huge > sign go?

I sort of understand which way it is when working the equation out algebraically. I want to be able to know which way the sign is supposed to go directly from the graph of the function. Is it even possible?
    I can draw it on my calculator with no problem, but when writing the solution of x, how am I supposed to know which way the  > sign is supposed to be?
    \huge \left | x+2 \right |> 2x+1

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    \LARGE \int \frac{e^2^x}{e^2^x+3} dx

This has to be in the form: \huge \int \frac{f'(x)}{f(x)}dx= k ln\left |f(x) \right | + c

So: \huge \frac{1}{2}\int \frac{2e^2^x}{e^2^x+3}= \frac{1}{2}ln(e^2^x+3)+c

Let me know how that works out for ya
    Thanks a lot for your help... but i'm still a little confused on how you got your answer, i'm getting almost the same answer as you but it's with a 1/2e^3 ln(e^2^x+3)+c instead of 1/2 ln(e^2^x+3)+c. Could you go through all the steps of your working please thank you!
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your help... but i'm still a little confused on how you got your answer, i'm getting almost the same answer as you but it's with a 1/2e^3 ln(e^2^x+3)+c instead of 1/2 ln(e^2^x+3)+c. Could you go through all the steps of your working please thank you!
    is my answer correct? I might be wrong too!

Right the way I did It:

-I looked at the equation. I differentiated the bottom to see if the differential is the same as the top. It's not.
    - So I worked out what I needed to add to the top to make it equal to the differential of the bottom.
    -I put a 2 at the top. HOWEVER you cant just put a number there...So to cancel that 2 out, I put 1/2 on the outside. This means, the equation is sill the same.

then just put it in the form of ln(...)

that's it !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is my answer correct? I might be wrong too!

Right the way I did It:

-I looked at the equation. I differentiated the bottom to see if the differential is the same as the top. It's not.
    - So I worked out what I needed to add to the top to make it equal to the differential of the bottom.
    -I put a 2 at the top. HOWEVER you cant just put a number there...So to cancel that 2 out, I put 1/2 on the outside. This means, the equation is sill the same.

then just put it in the form of ln(...)

that's it !
    Yh you're right thank you so much! You're a great help! Good luck with all your future endeavors!
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yh you're right thank you so much! You're a great help! Good luck with all your future endeavors!
    If you do need any more help, please post it up here! It really does help me learn
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you do need any more help, please post it up here! It really does help me learn
    Will do!!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing C4 too?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing C4 too?
    Are you doing C4 too?
    I am, yeah there Is another thread somewhere for C4 too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bricking it for this exam, managed to just scrape a B overall for AS maths inc a U in stats really need a B overall!!! what are the grade boundaries like for a B? And I havent even started past papers yet... Gotta learn it all first
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    please may someone help with 8iii?
    really confused myself!
    thank you!
    http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_10..._gce_4723.pdf?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys feeling ahead of this, then????
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 710)
    How are you guys feeling ahead of this, then????
    Not all that good really I need to do more work on it tbh
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks, I'll be doing C3 tomorrow, got a whole stack of questions sorted.

So ill post stuff in here if I need help!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.