The Student Room Group

Birthday right before exam

Yeah, that is how sad it is. My birthday is 3 days before exam.I still have loads of work to revise. Should I celebrate it?

Scroll to see replies

LOL one birthday being more important than an exam?
Can you not just celebrate it afterwards, is a birthday really THAT important?
Revise and deal with it i was in school for mine. Just celebrate it later
Reply 3
Revise for the exam, then get wrecked after the exam, sorted.
Reply 4
Exactly, ur jokes, LOL!
Here's an idea - there's such thing as weekends - take a hint.
Reply 5
How do you think people cope when they're birthday lands on a day with an exam? With more afterward? Don't risk your grades when you can easily postpone celebrating. Do it at the weekend when people are also more likely to come out otherwise they'll be studying too.
Reply 6
my friend has a maths exam ON her birthday
although if its 3 days before, you can probably get away with celebrating it and going back to revising after... but depends whether you want to take the risk
Reply 7
My birthdays actually the day after my last exam, feels good!
Original post by lolipanda
my friend has a maths exam ON her birthday
although if its 3 days before, you can probably get away with celebrating it and going back to revising after... but depends whether you want to take the risk

Same, she just celebrated hers on the weekend after and it didn't seem like much of an issue.
Reply 9
its one day just take it off
It's just one exam, is it really THAT important? You have many exams a year, but only one birthday.
It happens. Three days before is actually not that bad. I'd say if you wanted you could take an evening off/have a drink/meal or something...not write the entire day off, but spend a bit of time off working.

I had GCSE exams on my birthday, which was a pretty rubbish. Last year 1st year vetmed exams started the day after my birthday - so I did nothing for it. My flatmates were all so stressed/busy revising as well that they forgot and then remembered later and found a random cupcake in the kitchen and put a candle in it and sang happy birthday outside my room, and that was all I managed birthday related all day. Two weeks later there were several of us who had a belated birthday party!

So, yeh, you're not the only one by far!
Reply 12
I've had birthdays around exams for years, the best idea is to celebrate it after :P
First world problems - revise, go out and have fun later after the exam
I have an exam on my birthday this year, its on a Monday so I'm celebrating on the Saturday before.
Go out after, dual celebrate end of exams and birthday together, no biggy
Depends when in the exam period it is. My suggestion is celebrate on the closest weekend.
Two of my friends have their birthday THE DAY BEFORE an exam. That must suck even more.
Reply 18
Get a grip. You act as if you're going to be doing 200 hours of revision for it or something and it's not even on your birthday?
Reply 19
Are you serious? "OH NO MY BIRTHDAY IS BEFORE AN EXAM"

Wait until you get into the working world more often than not you'll have to work on your birthday and days before and after.

Quick Reply

Latest