The Student Room Group

EMPA Fail

I'm thinking it didn't go to well. I panicked, rushed misread stuff and messed up the table/graph. Re-evaluating uni choices. Anyone else feel like a fail on the EMPA. How can the damage be limited and how do you explain getting poor results to a uni other than the fact revision didn't fail but exam stress turned me into a thicko.
Reply 1
Maybe you haven't failed? EMPAs are much harder than ISAs from what I've heard so the grade boundaries will be lower as you won't be the only person that struggled under the exam pressure.

I'm not sure if unis will look at it unless they look at individual module grades? They might just look at the overall grade. What are you thinking of applying for? All depends on which unis you're applying to. Unless you had extenuating circumstances I don't really think there is another way to explain why you got a poor result. :iiam:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
With so many marks available for a graph i think it was something like 9 marks, i minced it. Nevermind, yeah hopefully they look at the overall grade. thanks anyway
Reply 3
I found it really hard too. I got an A in unit one but I wouldn't be surprised if I got a D or worse in the EMPA. All I can say is try hard in Unit 2 and retake next year if necessary.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending