The Student Room Group

Food glorious food aqa anthology english lit/lang unit 1 spec b 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone have an essay structure you can follow for either the unseen question or the anthology question?
So nobody has any model answers or example essays?
Reply 22
I can show you guys mine if you like, I reached upper band 5... (54/64?)
Reply 23
Yeah please that would be helpful
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by al0

Hi, can you put it up as an attachment on this so i can see (:
Thanks
Original post by al0

Yes thanks can you send it to my email [email protected] or just attach it here
Reply 26
Original post by al0

hi can you send it to my email Your email has been removed for privacy reasons - if you want to exchange contact details, please do so via Private Message please really need an example badly :smile: thankyou xx
Reply 27
Hey guys, realised that my handwriting is pretty damn shoddy on this paper but I'll send it over to those who've put their emails up right now.
sooo....?
Original post by al0
Hey guys, realised that my handwriting is pretty damn shoddy on this paper but I'll send it over to those who've put their emails up right now.

Thank you very much
Reply 30
Advice on learning terminology? I have so many notes I can't possibly find it all properly tonight. :tongue:

(I'm just lazy)
Reply 31
Original post by Jamiesonn
Thank you very much

Hey, I've sent it off.
Reply 32
Original post by maleeha1
AS LEVEL:

Please please please PLEASE would someone help!
I can't find anything online for this anthology as our year is the first year to do this anthology. In previous years, it was 'travel'. I am finding it really difficult to get anything higher than a B- in my essays, and my exam is in two weeks!

My coursework is at a High A so that is fine (40% of my grade), but i just can't seem to get these essays right!

All my teachers keep saying is closer analysis is needed, but how?! If anyone has any model answers or anything, that would be so helpful. thankyou :biggrin:

New to this thing :/
pretty last minute advice but the ideal answer should generally compare the differences or similarities in the two chosen texts (for both seen and unseen questions) comparing is the key - and you would compare the differences and similarities of (where appropriate)

contexts of reception and production (who wrote it for whom?)
form and structure
figurative language (grammar/Lexis)
sound patterning
word choice
layout and presentation

hope this gave you tips on giving closer analysis to the texts
How did everyone find it?
Reply 34
Okay.. For question 2, I did text 1 and text 9 -- That was correct, right? Does it matter hugely/will I lose marks?
Original post by MOSJohn
Okay.. For question 2, I did text 1 and text 9 -- That was correct, right? Does it matter hugely/will I lose marks?

I don't think it matters that much as long as you can answer the question properly
Reply 36
I did text 2 and 31! really didnt do too well though, don't think i wrote enough:/ hated the unseen too
Reply 37
For question 2 I did text 28 (Oliver Twist extract) and text 33 (Porterhouse Blue). I found that okay but I think I didn't do to good on question 1.

Text A for the first question kind of threw me, were they eating at McDonalds? It's probably not important but that's what one of my friends said after :s-smilie:
Reply 38
Yes, could I possibly see a high grade essay for this Exam as well please?
I failed and I'm retaking it, please help! Thank you.~
Reply 39
Original post by Jamiesonn
Thank you very much

Are you the one who got a high grade in this paper? If so, please tell me how or what you briefly put down. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending