The Student Room Group

Food glorious food aqa anthology english lit/lang unit 1 spec b 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey I failed my exam and am having to retake it, please could you email me a high mark essay:
Thanks.~
I really need help with this, I need a few notes on specific texts because my teacher is TERRIBLE! On the internet there is general things to help with this anthology but not specific.
It would be helpful if people could scan and send me any notes via e-mail?
I will be forever in your debt honestly haha!!
Reply 42
I only got a C in this exam, i was sort of expecting an D/E since I didn't do much revision but I'm resitting the paper in Jan. I'm going to start revising for my resit soon (don't want to repeat the last exam) can anyone send me an A grade model answers for the anthology question? :biggrin:
Reply 43
can someone quickly type up a comment on how to structure the essay please?

Intro - what to include

then do you go straight into contexts of reception/production/audience/purpose

then the seperate linguistic devices and word choice, form structure, grammar, fig lang, lay and presentation, sound patterning?
Reply 44
I got a c in the exam and going to resit in jan. if anyone's got modal answers or any notes please send them to me. Thanks :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 45
Original post by MissK.
Hey i have many notes etc that will help you. I am also doing the English exam and its this wednesday and i am dreading it! would you like me to mail you some things? im new to this and have no idea how to use it? x

I know this is a long shot, but you don't happen to still have these notes do you? I'm so desperate, I know so many are, but I'm on my last chance here and originally did the travel anthology! I'm so out of touch with this and the exam is in 6 weeks. Please, any help would be so appreciated!
Reply 46
Please someone save me from this awful anxiety an send me some high grade essays/examples/notes/scan by email. I can not fail this exam again! Please, I will never be able to thank you enough!
Reply 47
Please, please, please! Could someone send me something to help me with this exam. I did a mock yesterday and I got a U grade. I'm really bad at English and need as much help as I can get. Any help will be greatly appreciated!:smile:
Reply 48
can you all please email me any helpful notes thanks [Removed - please use PMs or post here]
Reply 49
There are videos online about this food anthology I swear, that's where I got my notes from. There's also a revision guide you can buy too, but I guess it's a bit late now.
I'm trying to collate all my notes onto a word document.
I'm working at a D, trying for a B.
Reply 50
what text books did you lot use for this exam?
Reply 51
Original post by vhowkins
There are videos online about this food anthology I swear, that's where I got my notes from. There's also a revision guide you can buy too, but I guess it's a bit late now.
I'm trying to collate all my notes onto a word document.
I'm working at a D, trying for a B.

please tell me or link me to this revision guide. thanks
Reply 52
Original post by Dank108
please tell me or link me to this revision guide. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzA5_jl748agH8P8Fk0sVgw

Hope this helps.

Luckily my teacher is buying the revision book produced by AQA.
Reply 53
Original post by al0
I can show you guys mine if you like, I reached upper band 5... (54/64?)

Hi there, I was wondering if you could send me your essay example as I would really like to get a gist of what a higher band essay should look like. Thank you so much!x
Reply 54
would anybody have a band 5/6 response for either the unseen texts or the anthology? would be really helpful, thanx
Original post by al0
I'll scan my 54/64 mark question B and PM you tomorrow when I've finished my first exam :smile:

Hi, I know this is quite late but I was wondering if you still have that essay?

Thanks for your time
Did you ever recieve the notes as it would be such a major help to me if I could also view these, as too am struggling to find things with regards to this anthology.
Many Thanks
Becky :smile:
Hi I am doing this course this year and I am really struggling with finding resources to revise for the exam. I don't suppose anyone has any resources that would be useful to get at least a B in the exam?
I am also really really struggling with revising for this exam. We've had no proper English teacher since the start of Year 12 so I literally have no notes on my anthology and I have no idea how to structure the answer. Does anyone have any notes that they could kindly share? Thanks.
Hey does anyone have any tips or resources to help with the anthology? Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending