Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pranavian)
    They need a new war, I think! World war 2 has been done to death (although still epic, I think?) and Modern warfare has been pretty much shot to pieces too! Maybe Vietnam or Korea or even Falklands should be next?
    The Romans era. I so want to sack Rome with attack elephants. :sexface:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    since black ops 2 will be in the future they should make MW4 in the age of dinosaurs just to mess with people

"enemy archaeopteryx in the air!"

I need to get out more.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Or Cold war? Love to see Korea.
    Cold war...?
    Haven't we had enough of the whole America VS Russia thing?
    • 163 followers

(Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Well at least they're trying to change the format.

"Other key details uncovered by CVG's 20 minute look at the title, include the revelation of a branching storyline, which will will send the plot in different directions based on your choices within the game." :lolwut:

There'll also be a real Real Time Strategy mode, "of sorts" with CVG revealing that: "At any point in time you can switch control between the men on the ground, the drones skulking around the floor, the armed quadrotors in the air or, our personal favourite, a general monitoring the entire battlefield from afar courtesy of cameras high above the site." :lolwut: :lolwut:

This isn't Call of Duty. :lolwut:

http://www.t3.com/news/call-of-duty-...tails-revealed
    It's like they had a spasm attack between choosing a Mass Effect, some RTS and a generic Sci-fi shooter whilst still being CoD and Black Ops until one person had the bright idea to mash them all into one game.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really hope they branch out from small-scale games and maps in this new BO, it's just the same old boring stuff again if they don't..

BF3 is so great with vehicles and the size, but the menus are crap, the classes are annoyingly clunky and the way the mini map works is so awful.

Basically, I only like BF3 for the multiplayer concept, so if Black Ops does that, I'm sold. Totally and utterly :love:
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    The Romans era. I so want to sack Rome with attack elephants. :sexface:
    Well there's a studio developing a War of the Roses FPS / 3rd person combat game :awesome:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I really hope they branch out from small-scale games and maps in this new BO, it's just the same old boring stuff again if they don't..

BF3 is so great with vehicles and the size, but the menus are crap, the classes are annoyingly clunky and the way the mini map works is so awful.

Basically, I only like BF3 for the multiplayer concept, so if Black Ops does that, I'm sold. Totally and utterly :love:
    I love the BF3 interface/menu system.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well there's a studio developing a War of the Roses FPS / 3rd person combat game :awesome:
    Well, I'm not sure how popular pre-Second World War games are but I do find it refreshing that other eras will be considered, although I wouldn't go for War of the Roses personally. I have a feeling it these eras will not help push sales as much as they can if they were more recent. Pity really. There could be something in the Spanish Armada if it had a more naval input. Or they could focus on specific smaller events like the Arab uprisings, Iran Contra, Pinochet, capturing arms traffickers (e.g. Viktor Bout), the genocides of Yugoslavia and Rwanda? Charles Taylor was recently convicted of war crimes and we were involved against him in the civil war of Sierra Leone so we could be in that too. Would be nice to see a game where we play as the SAS in the Falklands, just to annoy their politicians more. :awesome:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    wasn't going to buy - this has just helped make that decision somewhat easier
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    I love the BF3 interface/menu system.
    Really? I find it really difficult, for example not being able to leave a multiplayer lobby whilst in-between games, or not being able to tinker with your classes whilst waiting for another game to start. Plus the spawn system is a bit strange to me, and my mini-map is invisible if I run over bright grass, since it gets whited out..

I know BF3 is supposed to give the players less information, to better simulate a battle experience, but it still grates on me
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Well, I'm not sure how popular pre-Second World War games are but I do find it refreshing that other eras will be considered, although I wouldn't go for War of the Roses personally. I have a feeling it these eras will not help push sales as much as they can if they were more recent. Pity really. There could be something in the Spanish Armada if it had a more naval input. Or they could focus on specific smaller events like the Arab uprisings, Iran Contra, Pinochet, capturing arms traffickers (e.g. Viktor Bout), the genocides of Yugoslavia and Rwanda? Charles Taylor was recently convicted of war crimes and we were involved against him in the civil war of Sierra Leone so we could be in that too. Would be nice to see a game where we play as the SAS in the Falklands, just to annoy their politicians more. :awesome:
    Mmm, the War of the Roses isn't being developed by Activision / Treyarch, but I'm interested in seeing how it comes out. Apparently they're being careful to avoid the "Dynasty Warriors" approach, and are making it really realistic, ie a crossbow takes around 30 seconds to load, but will destroy someone once it's fired.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Meh, not buying it. Wasn't impressed by Black Ops, MW3 was slightly better, but I still like MW2 and I'm not buying another COD title since alterIW was taken down. It's all good though, I still have COD4 and IW4m (fourdeltaone - it's MW2 with dedicated servers and you need a legit copy of MW2 so activision can suck it it's perfectly legal!). I still dabble in COD1 from time to time. Black ops was just piss poor in my opinion.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    wasn't going to buy - this has just helped make that decision somewhat easier
    Don't like what you see?

I wasn't really looking forward to the game but now I really am!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? I find it really difficult, for example not being able to leave a multiplayer lobby whilst in-between games, or not being able to tinker with your classes whilst waiting for another game to start. Plus the spawn system is a bit strange to me, and my mini-map is invisible if I run over bright grass, since it gets whited out..

I know BF3 is supposed to give the players less information, to better simulate a battle experience, but it still grates on me
    Is that on Xbox?

They fixed it so you can leave lobby's. Spawning can be annoying if you spawn on someone who is dying. I've never noticed any issues with the minimap over certain surfaces, although I think they improved it last patch.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Don't like what you see?

I wasn't really looking forward to the game but now I really am!

I don't like futuristic stuff like that. My next purchase will be bf3 and the only reason i would EVER consider buying that game is for zombies if mo and that get it.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subbed.

Don't like the trailer. Waiting to hear concrete facts about multiplayer.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Is that on Xbox?

They fixed it so you can leave lobby's. Spawning can be annoying if you spawn on someone who is dying. I've never noticed any issues with the minimap over certain surfaces, although I think they improved it last patch.
    No PS3, it's because the contrast is much higher than most games, so a bright sunny patch of grass produces so much background noise you can't see the faint blue minimap over the top. Maybe there's a feature to increase it's opacity, I've not looked.

When did they fix the lobbies? So glad they did, was so frustrating to have to sit through a 30 second break period, followed by a load screen, before you could tab out!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    I don't like futuristic stuff like that. My next purchase will be bf3 and the only reason i would EVER consider buying that game is for zombies if mo and that get it.
    Fair enough...it isn't thaaat futuristic. Set in 2025 :p:

I bought BF3 when it released and traded it in for more than I bought it when MW3 came out. In hindsight, I should have just kept it...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Black ops was absolute trash.

So im not expecting much for this, I just really want a solid release date for GTA V, because if thats out in october black ops 2 can ****off
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cgvince)
    Black ops was absolute trash.

So im not expecting much for this, I just really want a solid release date for GTA V, because if thats out in october black ops 2 can ****off
    With Max Payne 3 out in May R* won't release GTAV this year.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.