Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal*)
    is that a random guess...?
    Well considering that no one as of yet is taking pre-orders, it probably is
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It looks awful, talk about flogging a dead horse. They should have packed it in years ago if they're just going to release the same tedious crap every few months.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had our first 200-0 on Black Ops dom today
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Had our first 200-0 on Black Ops dom today
    That was brilliant! I love summit
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Storm)
    That was brilliant! I love summit
    Yep. Probably my favourite map over all CODs.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    The COD4 maps destroyed BO's maps, then again COD4 destroys BO in every respect.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    The COD4 maps destroyed BO's maps, then again COD4 destroys BO in every respect.
    You might wanna take those nostalgia goggles off. COD4 had so many flaws that people just like to forget about.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    You might wanna take those nostalgia goggles off. COD4 had so many flaws that people just like to forget about.
    Only ones I can think of are that grenades did too much damage. Promod settings made it a perfect game.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only ones I can think of are that grenades did too much damage. Promod settings made it a perfect game.
    Maybe, but Promod wasn't really part of the game and it's on PC only.

Grenades probably were the biggest problem in COD4. They had a massive damage radius, plus you had half the people in the game running 3x frag and Martyrdom, so they were all over the place all the time.

Now when I play COD4 the connections are terrible and the hit detection is all over the place. Plus the game quits itself every time I get to the multiplayer main menu, so that doesn't really help.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I preferred quite a few maps on BO to COD4. The only one I used to dislike was Nuketown because of how small it is. I had some great matches on Grid and Hanoi. I didn't think that much to Bog or Shipment, despite having many good games with both. Playing with an LMG on Shipment on Domination has felt easier than Combat Training in BO. Guess it depends on weapon choice.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to have a go at Call of Duty, but I can't help but feel the next game will be:

- Pick up Black Ops

- Copy

- Paste

Of course, if people enjoy Call of Duty (and I can see why) I'm in no place to criticise; enjoy it CoD fans
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but Promod wasn't really part of the game and it's on PC only.

Grenades probably were the biggest problem in COD4. They had a massive damage radius, plus you had half the people in the game running 3x frag and Martyrdom, so they were all over the place all the time.

Now when I play COD4 the connections are terrible and the hit detection is all over the place. Plus the game quits itself every time I get to the multiplayer main menu, so that doesn't really help.
    Some guns seemed to have better hit detection. For me the G36C was inferior to the M4 and AK.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are there going to be apaches and vehicles in this like BF3? If not then I'm not even going to waste my time.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    There were plenty of things wrong with CoD4. In no particular order;

M16 far too powerful,
    MP5 far too good at CQC,
    Last Stand,
    Martyrdom,
    Juggernaut,
    Stopping Power,
    Lunging with the knife,
    Auto-aim,
    Blast radius too large on every explosive,
    3x Frag,
    3x Stun,
    Hit detection was off.

There's a few more, but I cba getting into them. The best thing about CoD4 were the maps and campaign were brilliant. I think Black Ops is the most balanced game, but I just didn't really like it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    There were plenty of things wrong with CoD4. In no particular order;

M16 far too powerful,
    MP5 far too good at CQC,
    Last Stand,
    Martyrdom,
    Juggernaut,
    Stopping Power,
    Lunging with the knife,
    Auto-aim,
    Blast radius too large on every explosive,
    3x Frag,
    3x Stun,
    Hit detection was off.

There's a few more, but I cba getting into them. The best thing about CoD4 were the maps and campaign were brilliant. I think Black Ops is the most balanced game, but I just didn't really like it.
    1) Never used it, never found it that good.
    2) Rarely used it, found M4+Silencer was better
    3) Only bad players die to LS, basically its a free headshot on someone
    4) Only bad players die to MD
    5) Juggernoob was only annoying when it pops up like 4 times when your trying to long range kill with an M4 silenced
    6) Not that bad, its not like teleport mode

As for 3x frag/stuns only bad people picked those as you'd need bando to get anywhere.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) Never used it, never found it that good.
    2) Rarely used it, found M4+Silencer was better
    3) Only bad players die to LS, basically its a free headshot on someone
    4) Only bad players die to MD
    5) Juggernoob was only annoying when it pops up like 4 times when your trying to long range kill with an M4 silenced
    6) Not that bad, its not like teleport mode

As for 3x frag/stuns only bad people picked those as you'd need bando to get anywhere.
    I'm not even going to bother countering your argument if you can't see how ridiculous 3x Stun/Frag is. Not even mentioning all your argument consists of it "bad players etc etc".
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    I'm not even going to bother countering your argument if you can't see how ridiculous 3x Stun/Frag is. Not even mentioning all your argument consists of it "bad players etc etc".
    Bando is the only realistic perk for slot 1 unless you play on shipment/wetwork and die constantly.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Frag x 3 was crazy, even MW3 doesn't have bull**** like that.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say you were a bad players necessarily if you've been killed by a Martyrdom in COD4. I only say that because it's happened to me but it's always in small maps like Vacant after shooting them and I've no where else to go. It does take up a perk so I've no issue with it (I have x2 claymores on mine as I've yet to unlock Bandolier).
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember using those on Shipment. :daydreaming:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.