Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HTC Desire S

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyones got it? What do you think of it and can you upload videos straight to facebook?

Thanks!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Just wondering if anyones got it? What do you think of it and can you upload videos straight to facebook?

Thanks!
    Yes. Love it. Yes.

That do ya?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yes. Love it. Yes.

That do ya?
    Please write a 5000 word essay with harvard referencing. But seriously good phone!? how long have you had it for?

thanks
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please write a 5000 word essay with harvard referencing. But seriously good phone!? how long have you had it for?

thanks
    Well, I'd say there's nothing better than it on the market... but that's because I'm not really a fan of these 4" screens that are floating about. I've not yet found something that wont run on it - though I reserve "real" games for console only. I've had it just over a year now, running a custom ROM at the mo which is lovely.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd say there's nothing better than it on the market... but that's because I'm not really a fan of these 4" screens that are floating about. I've not yet found something that wont run on it - though I reserve "real" games for console only. I've had it just over a year now, running a custom ROM at the mo which is lovely.
    excellent sounds great definately will get it! have you found any problems whatsoever i havent seen any in reviews online which is strange!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    excellent sounds great definately will get it! have you found any problems whatsoever i havent seen any in reviews online which is strange!
    GPS locking can take a while - though you can fix that with root access. Errr...otherwise no, not really. The paintwork is a little scuffed from when I drop it...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    GPS locking can take a while - though you can fix that with root access. Errr...otherwise no, not really. The paintwork is a little scuffed from when I drop it...
    One last question does it work on a micro sim or a normal one?

thanks!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    One last question does it work on a micro sim or a normal one?

thanks!
    Normal. Takes MicroSD cards up to 32GB. No worries.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had mine nearly a year. Great phone. My first Android and very happy with it. However, updates are painfully slow for this. My next upgrade, in 3 months, will be for sure a Samsung phone.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Had mine nearly a year. Great phone. My first Android and very happy with it. However, updates are painfully slow for this. My next upgrade, in 3 months, will be for sure a Samsung phone.
    Samsung aren't much better with updates, FYI. Your best bet is a Nexus if you're after official updates.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Samsung aren't much better with updates, FYI. Your best bet is a Nexus if you're after official updates.
    They released the SGS2 update quite fast though - faster than the Desire S.

I'm not after the official update. I just want the kernel source with it, so our custom ICS ROMs will work flawlessly!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    They released the SGS2 update quite fast though - faster than the Desire S.

I'm not after the official update. I just want the kernel source with it, so our custom ICS ROMs will work flawlessly!
    Of course the SGS2 update came out sooner. But it's a much newer phone. The HTC Sensation (that came out the same time as SGS2) had ICS out earlier than the S2.

I'm a SGS2 owner, if it helps; on XDA everyone was getting pretty worked up at the SGSII being so slow to update (considering it was less than a year old).
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    +1.

Samsung are terrible with updates.

I have a Sensation as my main phone, and the ICS update was rolled out reasonably quickly enough. (Well at least for the main countries/regions.)

However, I doubt I will buy a third HTC phone unless they do something to stand out, as they seem to be making boring phones with traits getting closer and closer to that of Apple's; such as non-removable batteries.

I am also bored of Sense, but that is just my taste/opinion.

My next phone will probably be a Sony one (they are really stepping up their game), or the one of the next Google flagship phones. I really admire the fact of having the next Android OS, FIRST, and having the next one to follow as well. I also prefer AOSP.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course the SGS2 update came out sooner. But it's a much newer phone. The HTC Sensation (that came out the same time as SGS2) had ICS out earlier than the S2.

I'm a SGS2 owner, if it helps; on XDA everyone was getting pretty worked up at the SGSII being so slow to update (considering it was less than a year old).
    Well the Desire S came out the SAME time as the SGS2. Sensation came out after, so why does it get the update first?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Well the Desire S came out the SAME time as the SGS2. Sensation came out after, so why does it get the update first?
    Oh sorry I actually didn't know that. I thought the Desire S was much older (technologically it is; I thought it was just a slightly upgraded Desire). Anyway the SGSII is Samsung's flagship phone of 2011. The Desire S came out not long before the Sensation (2 months) and the Sensation was HTC's flagship phone. My point is HTC's flagship phone received ICS update + sources before Samsung's did.

Plus I gotta say the SIII looks pretty ugly
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Mikey,

So i bought the HTC Desire s although i've encountered a problem. When i open the home page it suddenly vibrates and starts opening random apps like "recent's", google people etc. What to do?!

Thanks
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Mikey,

So i bought the HTC Desire s although i've encountered a problem. When i open the home page it suddenly vibrates and starts opening random apps like "recent's", google people etc. What to do?!

Thanks
    What?!?

I've never heard of that... did you buy it new or second hand?

If the latter, factory reset it. It's somewhere in settings, perhaps in privacy settings. I can't remember and I don't use Sense any more!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    What?!?

I've never heard of that... did you buy it new or second hand?

If the latter, factory reset it. It's somewhere in settings, perhaps in privacy settings. I can't remember and I don't use Sense any more!
    lol yeh google speak keeps popping up for no reason and vibrates and shows recents. I've reset it too.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh google speak keeps popping up for no reason and vibrates and shows recents. I've reset it too.
    you running a custom ROM? it sounds like your search key is going mental!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    you running a custom ROM? it sounds like your search key is going mental!
    thats what i thought, im running a standard!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 17, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.