oh nooo,i put the lymph and not the lacteal :s-smilie:
Reply 101
Original post by jamsie555
on the intestine question i said:
A) capillary network
B) epithelial cells
C) lacteal

anyone else?

also what did people write for D on the heart diagram? spent ages looking at that!

I put the same for the intestine question and coronary artery for D but that was a random guess because I couldn't think of anything else.
Reply 102
Original post by Coffee_Please
oh nooo,i put the lymph and not the lacteal :s-smilie:

I put the lacteal.
I didn't like the paper at all :/
Valves and villus questions got me.
Reply 104
I wrote artery for D but i think thats wrong. i had capillary, epithelial and lacteal. what did you guys write for Cell C?
Reply 105
What did people draw for the question that asked us to draw that simple longitudinal diagram (or something similar) of the plant cell?
Reply 106
was it gill lamella or filament?...
Reply 107
Original post by Luppy021
was it gill lamella or filament?...

gill plate
Reply 108
Original post by Ysondrae
What did people draw for the question that asked us to draw that simple longitudinal diagram (or something similar) of the plant cell?

I drew the endodermis cell with the casparian band, you?
Reply 109
Yeah that's what I wrote too
Reply 110
Im really worried i wrote AV valves and semi lunar valves for the valves question and im not sure ill get the mark.. Our stupid teacher told us not to actually learn the seperate names ie tri and bi and i know ive messed up the intestine question aswell and by1 was just a disaster :'( I really dont wanna retake

What did people get for the cell X features qu?
Reply 111
That paper was awful, what the hell was with those stupid pictures? That's just ridiculous, I'm all for diagrams but atleast have something clear and not stupid, especially the heart question, I originally had the tri and bi valves but then I changed it, the rest of the question relies on you knowing what the hell the picture is, especially for the intestine one. We weren't even taught half the stuff, what the hell is a goblet cell? I've never heard of that until today.

I just hope ive done enough to scrape an A, that paper was awful, it wouldn't have been bad if they didn't add those ridiculous images, oh and their diagrams suck, however edits the images needs to learn how to use Photoshop properly utter morons.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 112
Omg that was the worst paper ever. The 10 mark question was good. But what's up with all the misleading diagrams??????
I thought the tissue A was xylem and B was phloem and C was the guard cell. (did anyone else get that cause that was a 11mark questions :s-smilie:)
Also the small intestine question was so weird.
I said X had lots of mitochondria and villi (instead of Microvilli) Ugh
Reply 113
Original post by Aysena
I drew the endodermis cell with the casparian band, you?

Same :smile: Someone told me they drew a root hair cell though.
Reply 114
Original post by Ysondrae
Same :smile: Someone told me they drew a root hair cell though.

I drew a root hair cell too
I'm glad others agree that the diagrams weren't good.
Reply 116
Original post by r.rehman
Im really worried i wrote AV valves and semi lunar valves for the valves question and im not sure ill get the mark.. Our stupid teacher told us not to actually learn the seperate names ie tri and bi and i know ive messed up the intestine question aswell and by1 was just a disaster :'( I really dont wanna retake

My biology teacher told us we didn't need to call the left and right atrioventricular valves the bicuspid and tricuspid vales too. And then, in the January BY1 exam, a question on chitin came up and she barely taught us anything on it :colonhash:
Original post by Poppy_Ki
I agree. There were definitely a lot of easy marks (the first few questions) but I absolutely hated the heart questions! What did you put for the valves? I put A-Pulmonary valve, B- aortic valve and C- tricuspid valve but I really don't think I got that right :frown:

Yeah! I got so happy after seeing the first few questions :P
Ohh the heart one, I did spend a bit more time on that but not as long as the intestine and plants one! I would prefer the heart one anyday,
If I remember correctly, I put the two top ones (maybe A and B) as tricuspid and bicuspid, and the one nearer to bottom I put as semi-lunar valve. Have no idea if thats right!
Reply 118
Original post by popnit

I was going to draw a root hair cell... but then I realised that there were more cells outside that 'circle' of cells, and root hair cells are on the very outside... if that makes any sense :colondollar:

So basically I guessed that inside the circle of cells were the xylem and phloem, then after came the endodermis (which was that band), then the cortex and last the root hair cells (which I don't think were present on the diagram...)
Original post by popnit

Why would it be a root hair cell if the arrow was pointing to the outer layer containing the xylem and the phloem tissue? Surely the endodermis is the right answer as the epidermis (where the root hair cells are) is on the outside and nowhere near the tissues! Thus, I drew a diagram of the endodermis with the casparian strip. My hint was the aforementioned above but I also saw in the question something like; "clearly label the special, important feature..." and the casparian strip makes sense there what with the question underneath it too! :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending