The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 2 Chemistry May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GarySpurs
About the Multiple choice questions, Im sure Amides are neutral, if not basic at all, phenylamine is a weak base and amine is highly basic so it should have been for increasing basic strength:

Amide - Phenyamine - Amine

Am I right?

yeah I think you're right, I'd looked up pKb values that seemed to agree with it
Original post by GarySpurs

Also for the last question I got the original monomer used was 1,2- dimethlybutene.

Goodluck you guys. :smile:

If you have a methyl on carbon number 1 it makes it a pentene chain lol
Reply 42
Original post by matthew769
If you have a methyl on carbon number 1 it makes it a pentene chain lol

Well I'll be damed, there you go, lol.

Really can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
yeah if I remember correctly the monomer was 3-methylpent-2-ene
Reply 44
Original post by ms607
yeah if I remember correctly the monomer was 3-methylpent-2-ene

I put 3-methypentan-2-ene!!! oops do u think i will get the mark!?!
Reply 45
Original post by Katieh007
I put 3-methypentan-2-ene!!! oops do u think i will get the mark!?!

hmm... maybe not since 'pentan-2-ene' sounds like you're saying pentane then pentene

it's only one mark though so not a big worry :smile:
I know this thread is pretty much dead but is anyone getting their results from the CCEA online results service??
Reply 47
yep i am!
yep i am!

Good stuff :biggrin:

I know this is gonna sound stupid but I still have the link from our results day last year and I just clicked on it and it took me directly to the place where we enter our details, like our candidate and centre number and pin :s-smilie:

I thought that page was supposed to be secured so no one could log on till the 16th?? I haven't actually tried to log in for this year cause I'm too chicken to do it :tongue:

The link I have may just take us to last years results but im really not sure :confused:

Any thoughts or ideas?? :colondollar:
Reply 49
Original post by Who_Is_It?
Good stuff :biggrin:

I know this is gonna sound stupid but I still have the link from our results day last year and I just clicked on it and it took me directly to the place where we enter our details, like our candidate and centre number and pin :s-smilie:

I thought that page was supposed to be secured so no one could log on till the 16th?? I haven't actually tried to log in for this year cause I'm too chicken to do it :tongue:

The link I have may just take us to last years results but im really not sure :confused:

Any thoughts or ideas?? :colondollar:

i typed in the web address for the results online and it said that it is closed until the summer 2012 results!
i typed in the web address for the results online and it said that it is closed until the summer 2012 results!

I know, I have that link too but the other link I have takes me directly to the log-in bit.

I'll pm you it if you like? I don't wanna post it directly on here and all hell breaking loose over it :tongue:
Reply 51
I know, I have that link too but the other link I have takes me directly to the log-in bit.

I'll pm you it if you like? I don't wanna post it directly on here and all hell breaking loose over it :tongue:

!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52

If you've got a working link I'd greatly appreciate a PM too! :O
Original post by callumbm
If you've got a working link I'd greatly appreciate a PM too! :O

No point in having it because although the link works, the log-in doesn't :tongue:
Reply 54
No point in having it because although the link works, the log-in doesn't :tongue:

ah no bother, just have to wait another month then lol
Original post by callumbm
ah no bother, just have to wait another month then lol

Sorry :frown: I'd love for the thing to work :colondollar:

The wait is absolutely destroying!!! I just want them now and be done of all the waiting! :tongue:
Waiting for CCEA ones are the worst for me cause there were a few weird papers this year.
Hey so how did everyone do?? :biggrin:
Hey so how did everyone do?? :biggrin:

Unit 4 120
Unit 5 120
Practical 52
:colone:

You? :biggrin:
Original post by matthew769
Unit 4 120
Unit 5 120
Practical 52
:colone:

You? :biggrin:

Holy crap well done!! Thats amazing :eek: A* then?:tongue:

Unit 5 - 96
Practical - 45 (scaled down 10% :eek:)

Overall i got 499/600 - A

You have no idea how happy I am, its unbelievable. I'm still in a slight state of shock from my results yesterday haha!! How'd you do in your other results? :smile:
Holy crap well done!! Thats amazing :eek: A* then?:tongue:

Unit 5 - 96
Practical - 45 (scaled down 10% :eek:)

Overall i got 499/600 - A

You have no idea how happy I am, its unbelievable. I'm still in a slight state of shock from my results yesterday haha!! How'd you do in your other results? :smile:

Yep so so happy :biggrin:

That's really well done! Did you make your offer? :smile: That 10% scale down is nuts! How can they do that? :O

I got 3A* and an A :eek:, how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending