Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Current Year 12 Thread Mark VI

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silentlife)
    No, it was cloudy all morning and then it rained at mid day and into the afternoon... I heard it rained all day the day before - they said it was better that day. I guess you went to the open day the day before...

Ask wcp100 if you want to know about Manchester. I think he lives there/lives very close/frequently goes there, from his breadth of knowledge of the city.
    No, I was asking because the only reason I can think of that you would walk instead of taking the bus was if it was nice and sunny. Plus I know about the rain on Friday because it was the same here and I was standing out in the rain waiting for the Olympic Torch to pass. That was the most wet I have ever been...
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SrijanParmeshwar)
    No, I was asking because the only reason I can think of that you would walk instead of taking the bus was if it was nice and sunny. Plus I know about the rain on Friday because it was the same here and I was standing out in the rain waiting for the Olympic Torch to pass. That was the most wet I have ever been...
    My friend wanted to "see the area" and said the bus might "drop us off somewhere random" (which was evidently not the case; I took the bus back and it left from the visitor's centre at the heart of the university).

Unlucky man... But hey at least you saw the torch.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend wanted to "see the area" and said the bus might "drop us off somewhere random" (which was evidently not the case; I took the bus back and it left from the visitor's centre at the heart of the university).

Unlucky man... But hey at least you saw the torch.
    Haha, sounds like a good story
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    The old Edexcel M6 looks interesting.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SrijanParmeshwar)
    I know, I know but it's similar to Lancaster and we do sometimes get sun here...
    (Original post by wcp100)
    You must be joking. Sun in Manchester? Pah.
    This is the benefit of living marginally closer to the equator... we're having a hosepipe ban :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jk it's rained so much lately I literally squelched into college. We do have a hosepipe ban though.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    This is the benefit of living marginally closer to the equator... we're having a hosepipe ban :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jk it's rained so much lately I literally squelched into college. We do have a hosepipe ban though.
    What is this so called hose thing. I've never heard/needed one. :tehee:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awesome Mainly plays but also some poetry... novels take ages :sigh:
    They do. :sad: it's so annoying if you constantly have to look up really specific words in the dictionary too. :/
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wcp100)
    Are you going to the Imperial open day?
    Well, I booked a place at the compsci talk but I don't know if I've got confirmation for that yet but I'll be there to have a look around anyhow for the other talks. Yourself?

Doesn't offer languages
    I actually didn't know that :teehee:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love Manchester but I think it's just a bit too close!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryripple)
    I love Manchester but I think it's just a bit too close!
    Why is it bad it's a bit too close? :confused:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why is it bad it's a bit too close? :confused:
    Wouldn't really feel like as much of a new experience, and I feel I'd probably go home a lot on a short train journey.

edit: when I said I love Manchester I meant the city, as I haven't really looked at the university yet
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I don't care what any of you think, our option next year is medical physics because I think it's fascinating and I'm the boss hahaha" - My teacher today

Thus concludes another one of my diplomatic Physics lessons

(But in all honesty, I think Medical Physics will be interesting, I'm okay with it... Kind of wanted something cool like Astro or even condensed matter (or similar) but oh well).

Also, Further Maths is so much fun I feel bad for those who only get to do Maths
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    "I don't care what any of you think, our option next year is medical physics because I think it's fascinating and I'm the boss hahaha" - My teacher today

Thus concludes another one of my diplomatic Physics lessons

(But in all honesty, I think Medical Physics will be interesting, I'm okay with it... Kind of wanted something cool like Astro or even condensed matter (or similar) but oh well).

Also, Further Maths is so much fun I feel bad for those who only get to do Maths
    Most of my friends find the medical physics option really boring (but I do the IB)

Your last statement is hilarious.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElMoro)
    Well, I booked a place at the compsci talk but I don't know if I've got confirmation for that yet but I'll be there to have a look around anyhow for the other talks. Yourself?

I actually didn't know that :teehee:
    You are in year 11.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboy1111452)
    You are in year 11.
    Are you a lurker?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    Most of my friends find the medical physics option really boring (but I do the IB)

Your last statement is hilarious.

All of these poor mislead souls... Clearly this is some sort of conspiracy to inhibit progress.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboy1111452)
    You are in year 11.
    Oh really? :sly:

(Original post by Llewellyn)
    :nothing:
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryripple)
    Are you a lurker?
    They've posted in the y11 thread a couple times. I think their first post was something like "you're not y12 yet GTFO"... Btw I don't remember if I thanked you properly for doing a pros and cons list of lit and economics so thanks haha
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    :nothing:
    :console: it's okay to not see the truth, everyone can get lost at times

What subject do you enjoy then? Or failing that, what do you enjoy doing?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    They've posted in the y11 thread a couple times. I think their first post was something like "you're not y12 yet GTFO"... Btw I don't remember if I thanked you properly for doing a pros and cons list of lit and economics so thanks haha
    You didn't but you have now, and it's fine
Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.