The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Libris Dedita
Congrats!

Definitely productive :biggrin: what were you arranging them for?

Thank you! :biggrin:

We have house drama at our school which has to be half drama half musical, so I was arranging music for two of the pieces. I finished both. :colone: Our drama piece is Annie. :biggrin:
Original post by Heptapus
Thank you! :biggrin:

We have house drama at our school which has to be half drama half musical, so I was arranging music for two of the pieces. I finished both. :colone: Our drama piece is Annie. :biggrin:

Ah, that does sound fun!

I've started wanting to apply for Music again. Oh dear... :tongue:
Ah, that does sound fun!

I've started wanting to apply for Music again. Oh dear... :tongue:

It was fun! Very time consuming though. :////

I kind of do too. :/
Our music teacher implied we were going to fail yesterday. :colonhash:
It was fun! Very time consuming though. :////

I kind of do too. :/
Our music teacher implied we were going to fail yesterday. :colonhash:

I can imagine!

Oh, how kind of them! Any particular reason?
I can imagine!

Oh, how kind of them! Any particular reason?

I think it took me about 8 hours in total. :lolwut:

I know right! Because we can't recall facts fast enough. :colonhash:
yeap
I missed the start of this thread... again... :moon:

How is everyone?
This has been the most unproductive day of the week. :sigh:

I opened my textbooks... and got no further. :emo:

Original post by Llewellyn
That's actually very common. It's because your not used to different breathing patterns (there is often a problem with people not blowing enough air out - which lowers the oxygen in your lungs). If you went further with a reed instrument you would also find your lip really hurts occasionally. But that does get better with time.

Phew! I thought there was something wrong with me... thanks for clearing that up. :smile:

Original post by Etoile

I agree, violin is awesome :ahee:
I don't have a job :tongue: I haven't even written my CV yet :L

:hat2:

I have... :u:

Yup. :biggrin:

Ah yes, I see. What sort of songs, generally?

Mm. Might go away with practice. I can't remember if I used to get dizzy with the flute - I mean, I do now but only with long phrases. (Looking at you, Vivaldi.)

:biggrin:

Any sort really. I listen to a wide range of music... some carols, country music, rock, metal, some pop, some chillout, some (proper) R&B (like Alicia Keys), anime songs, Japanese/Korean songs, etc. Anything I feel like at the time. :lol: What about you?

OK. Thank you. :smile: Ahaha. :lol:
I just found a letter that I wrote to myself from 4 years ago. :lolwut:
I wanted to be a lawyer. :lolwut::lolwut:

Ah... nostalgia. :moon:

Every now and then I like to re-read my old diaries and laugh... it's incredible how much you can change/stay the same and not really notice sometimes until you go back and read about what you used to do. :moon:
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
I missed the start of this thread... again... :moon:

How is everyone?

:console:

I am well thanks, you? :smile:

Did you manage to get your essays done?
Original post by Maths_Lover
This has been the most unproductive day of the week. :sigh:

I opened my textbooks... and got no further. :emo:

Any sort really. I listen to a wide range of music... some carols, country music, rock, metal, some pop, some chillout, some (proper) R&B (like Alicia Keys), anime songs, Japanese/Korean songs, etc. Anything I feel like at the time. :lol: What about you?

OK. Thank you. :smile: Ahaha. :lol:

Today, I did not work. I instead started having a dilemma over whether to apply for Music instead of Maths. :tongue:

Ah, I see! Carols are wonderful :biggrin: I like singing sacred choral music especially much - for singing around the house, whatever's in my head. Quite often instrumental music, which gets difficult!
Today, I did not work. I instead started having a dilemma over whether to apply for Music instead of Maths. :tongue:

Ah, I see! Carols are wonderful :biggrin: I like singing sacred choral music especially much - for singing around the house, whatever's in my head. Quite often instrumental music, which gets difficult!

I just listened to music and thought about stuff. All day. The most productive thing I've done today is the dishes. :emo: Ah... if only there was Maths with Music. :tongue: I had the same dilemma earlier on this year, except it was Maths or Physics... in the end, I decided Maths with Physics... but that's not much of a difficult decision as it is for you.

They are! :smile: I can imagine... singing along without the music in the background can get pretty hard.
I just listened to music and thought about stuff. All day. The most productive thing I've done today is the dishes. :emo: Ah... if only there was Maths with Music. :tongue: I had the same dilemma earlier on this year, except it was Maths or Physics... in the end, I decided Maths with Physics... but that's not much of a difficult decision as it is for you.

They are! :smile: I can imagine... singing along without the music in the background can get pretty hard.

That sounds pleasant :smile: Imperial offers Physics with Music... Hmm.

Yes. It gets particularly awkward when the music becomes polyphonic and I'm trying to sing strings and woodwind at the same time :tongue:
So i spent 3 hours on Hyperphysics xD
Ah... nostalgia. :moon:

Every now and then I like to re-read my old diaries and laugh... it's incredible how much you can change/stay the same and not really notice sometimes until you go back and read about what you used to do. :moon:

It shocks me the fact that I wanted to do law - especially since I hate english and history. :lol:
That sounds pleasant :smile: Imperial offers Physics with Music... Hmm.

Yes. It gets particularly awkward when the music becomes polyphonic and I'm trying to sing strings and woodwind at the same time :tongue:

It was... I just feel guilty, though. :colondollar: That sounds amazing. :love:

Ahaha. :tongue:
It shocks me the fact that I wanted to do law - especially since I hate english and history. :lol:

:lol: Interests change. :moon:

Quite a few years ago, I wanted to be a model. :teehee: :teehee:
Original post by Emissionspectra
So i spent 3 hours on Hyperphysics xD

3 hours well spent. :yep:

:biggrin:, how you doing?

I was going to say that! I fell asleep instead XD

Latest