The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by --emma--
:rofl:
:console:

:yep: 2 physics, 3 chemistry, 5 biology. :nothing:

How was your day?

You did that many papers today? :eek:

I'm prob being an idiot asking that, but I wasn't sure.
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
I read your answer at the top of the page, but didn't really know what it was about.
I'm actually pretty gutted that I missed them, argh :frown:

Everyone good? :smile:

I'm ok thanks yourself?
You did that many papers today? :eek:

I'm prob being an idiot asking that, but I wasn't sure.

No, that was the total number of ISAs I did this year. :smile:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I'm ok thanks yourself?

Yh I'm good as well

Enjoy the run up to exams? :biggrin:
No, that was the total number of ISAs I did this year. :smile:

Oh lol I see :facepalm:
Yh I'm good as well

Enjoy the run up to exams? :biggrin:

I've finished.

How about you? are you preparing well?
Oh lol I see :facepalm:

Haha, that would've been awful. :afraid:
I've finished.

How about you? are you preparing well?

That good :smile:

Erm kinda. Maths is ayt, but we've still got a week or two weeks of learning left in physics :angry:

Haha, that would've been awful. :afraid:

Yh I can imagine!

I don't have the will to do one physics paper in a day :frown:
That good :smile:

Erm kinda. Maths is ayt, but we've still got a week or two weeks of learning left in physics :angry:

But you're a champ at physics... you'll get like 103.56%
Last one for today. This is also probably the most difficult one.

You are the emperor of Medieval Japan and in 25 hours you must host a great banquet to honour a peace treaty between Japan and China. It is extremely important that everything goes as planned. You have 1000 bottles of wine you can use for the banquet, and tradition insists upon wine being served. But one of your spies tells you that exactly one of the bottles is poisoned.

The poison has no visual effects other than whoever drinks even the smallest amount will die in at least 20 hours.

You have over 1000 slaves at your disposal. You have a small number of prisoners also, some of whom are sentenced to be executed. However, you want to avoid killing innocent people wherever possible.

What is the smallest number of prisoners you must have drink from the bottles to deduce with absolute certainty which bottle is poisoned? Assuming you want to keep deaths to a minimum, in the worst case scenario, how many of these prisoners who test the wine will die?

Hint:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
But you're a champ at physics... you'll get like 103.56%

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you are joking about that right? :O
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you are joking about that right? :O

Of course not.
Of course not.

I'm confused :s-smilie:

What subjects are you doing again?
I'm confused :s-smilie:

What subjects are you doing again?

You'll be fine in physics :smile:

HL history philosphy english, SL maths physics german
Original post by Llewellyn

You are the emperor of Medieval Japan and in 25 hours you must host a great banquet to honour a peace treaty between Japan and China. It is extremely important that everything goes as planned. You have 1000 bottles of wine you can use for the banquet, and tradition insists upon wine being served. But one of your spies tells you that exactly one of the bottles is poisoned.

The poison has no visual effects other than whoever drinks even the smallest amount will die in at least 20 hours.

You have over 1000 slaves at your disposal. You have a small number of prisoners also, some of whom are sentenced to be executed. However, you want to avoid killing innocent people wherever possible.

What is the smallest number of prisoners you must have drink from the bottles to deduce with absolute certainty which bottle is poisoned? Assuming you want to keep deaths to a minimum, in the worst case scenario, how many of these prisoners who test the wine will die?

Hint:

Spoiler

OH LAWD this one sounds difficult. I'll just let you know that I'll probably try this tomorrow :tongue:
Reply 855
absolutely lost all motivation to revise :frown:
Reply 856
Original post by Llewellyn

Hint:

Spoiler

This is probably me being stupid but

Spoiler

edit:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
This is probably me being stupid but

Spoiler

This is really difficult :frown:

Spoiler

Reply 858
This is really difficult :frown:

Spoiler

Mmm I thought that, I think my edit is wrong as well XD I like these things but I am bad at them - I've stalked back a few pages haha :tongue:
Original post by Etoile
Mmm I thought that, I think my edit is wrong as well XD I like these things but I am bad at them - I've stalked back a few pages haha :tongue:

:console: good Llewellyn needs to do more :daydreaming: fantastic procrastination :colone:

Spoiler

Latest