The Student Room Group

ocr f321 f322 questions and answers revision

Scroll to see replies

can someone explain to me how bacteria can develop resistance to antibiotics ?
Original post by otrivine
oh my god that is soo long are you sure you will have enough space in the exam remember just do bullet points with key words that will get you the marks . But from looking at this you would get full marks excellent job :smile: :smile: can you give me one? please

Cheers. Alright heres 4

1) WHy is the second ionisation energy value of Francuim greater than that of Radium

2) Why is BF3 a non polar molecule

3) Define a shells

4) Define an atomic orbital
Original post by kemekpo
Cheers. Alright heres 4

1) WHy is the second ionisation energy value of Francuim greater than that of Radium

2) Why is BF3 a non polar molecule

3) Define a shells

4) Define an atomic orbital

1) Increase nuclear charge less shielding decrease atomic radius and therefore greater electrostatic attraction on outermost electron.
2) Because is symmetrical and dipoles act in all direction and cancel out.
3) is where electron occupies around shell and each shell accommodates 8 electrons.
4) a region within an atom that can hold up to 2 electrons with opposite spins.
Original post by Natalie21

One anomalous property is that ice is less dense than water so floats on water, this is because water molecules in ice are held together in an open hydrogen bonded lattice.

A glycoprotein on the outer surface of the phospholipid bilayer cell surface membrane can have a specific shape that is complimentary to a specific hormone/cytokine etc. When this hormone/cytokine binds to the specific glycoprotein it triggers enzyme controlled reactions in the cell which then cause a response (i.e. secondary messenger system).

CORRECT :biggrin:

Original post by kemekpo
1) I can see where your going with this but according to ocr you would have to talk about proton :electron ratio being greater when you form fluorine 2+ than fluorine 1+.

2) This is one of those odd one out molecules. You'll just have to memorise it. Bond angles of 110 - 120 due to having 4 bonded paris (2 double bonds) and 1 lone pair of electrons which repels more than the bonded pairs

Ahh, ok thanks :smile:
1) Water has a relatively high boiling point and needs extra energy to overcome the hydrogen bonds.
2) i am not doing bio unit 1 but is it because it has a shape that is complementary and receptor site has a specific shape?

And even though you're not doing Bio unit 1, you're pretty much right. You just have to mention that when the receptor molecule binds to the glycoprotein, it triggers a chemical reaction within the cell. :smile:

QUESTION(Bio. unit 1) Describe the cardiac cycle, including how it is coordinated. (6)
QUESTION(Chem. unit 1) State and explain the trends shown in the reactivity of Groups 2 and 7. (5)
Original post by PrincessMedic

Ahh, ok thanks :smile:

And even though you're not doing Bio unit 1, you're pretty much right. You just have to mention that when the receptor molecule binds to the glycoprotein, it triggers a chemical reaction within the cell. :smile:

QUESTION(Bio. unit 1) Describe the cardiac cycle, including how it is coordinated. (6)
QUESTION(Chem. unit 1) State and explain the trends shown in the reactivity of Groups 2 and 7. (5)

Hi :wink:
Ok so for chem my answer is :- as you go down group 2 reactivity increases because of increase nuclear charge and more shielding and increase atomic radius so less electrostatic attraction on outermost electrons and increase shielding and atomic radius outweighs increase number of protons. And for group 7 as you go down group reactivity decreases but the reasoning is the same
what do we need to know about optical isomerism?? :confused:
Reply 186
Original post by Natalie21
What notes are these?

They're actually less volatile due to the hydrogen bonds..

Original post by PrincessMedic
I love these kind of threads :biggrin: :tongue:

Why are alcohols more volatile than alkanes of similar molecular mass?

its ok :wink: is my answer correct and did u send still not recieved it

how did the exam go everyone?
Original post by scorpio22
how did the exam go everyone?

i thought it was alright only the last bit through me off
Reply 188
i thought it was alright only the last bit through me off

nh4cl put me off

im so stupid because i should have put at least nh4 dative bond....what an idiot lool...im down to like 4-6 marks
nh4cl put me off

im so stupid because i should have put at least nh4 dative bond....what an idiot lool...im down to like 4-6 marks

yh that was confusing i drew 2 dots for one of the hydrogen>? did u get 242 something for the volume?? and did you say for the reaction why the oxidation number has to be presented for sulphate i said shows oxidation number of sulphate
Reply 190
yh that was confusing i drew 2 dots for one of the hydrogen>? did u get 242 something for the volume?? and did you say for the reaction why the oxidation number has to be presented for sulphate i said shows oxidation number of sulphate

you are correct

i said it is a meausre of electrons an atom needs to bond with another atom....
this was a definition question i think...it was the definition of oxidation...

i got 243 i think....it might have been 242

i loved the van der waals...i liked comparing the melting points
you are correct

i said it is a meausre of electrons an atom needs to bond with another atom....
this was a definition question i think...it was the definition of oxidation...

i got 243 i think....it might have been 242

i loved the van der waals...i liked comparing the melting points

oh true i think you are right! but for the nh4cl did u have to put a + sign?? and i got for the electron transfer thing why is oxidation i said cause i has loss electron?
I thought it was ok at first but now I realize how many mistakes I made! And I managed to miss the find the group 2 metal, which I knew was Mg!
Reply 193
oh true i think you are right! but for the nh4cl did u have to put a + sign?? and i got for the electron transfer thing why is oxidation i said cause i has loss electron?

on the nh4 you had to put a positive ion,.... cl you had to put neg ion

and yess your correct.los of electrons
on the nh4 you had to put a positive ion,.... cl you had to put neg ion

and yess your correct.los of electrons

did u get that correct well done that was misleading to be honest and strange :frown:
and for two compounds forming sr(oh)2 i put srcl2+h20 cause it gives sr(oh)2?
Reply 195
did u get that correct well done that was misleading to be honest and strange :frown:
and for two compounds forming sr(oh)2 i put srcl2+h20 cause it gives sr(oh)2?

i didnt get it correct unfortunately...i made a lot of mistakes....
i have 2 exams tommorow im exhasuted and i need to revise for chem n bio uni2...
i didnt get it correct unfortunately...i made a lot of mistakes....
i have 2 exams tommorow im exhasuted and i need to revise for chem n bio uni2...

how did u find bio unit 1?
Reply 197
how did u find bio unit 1?

it was all going fine until i got to the heart section....
i dropped my marks on that section so bad....
it was all going fine until i got to the heart section....
i dropped my marks on that section so bad....

im sure u will do fine :wink: shall we revise for unit 2?
Reply 199
im sure u will do fine :wink: shall we revise for unit 2?

i have 2 exams tommorow both at 9...
i gotta revise for them tonight but after tommorow i have no exams till monday so we will be able to revise iPROMISE. epecially as i bombed this test...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending