ReputationRep:
    theFrance - 1st PLACE - 1,326

Teaddict - 2nd PLACE - 1,016

paddy_power - 3rd PLACE - 803

Matthew_Lowson - 65th PLACE - 6
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    The finest 60 year old Scotch Single Malt Whiskey in that case.
    Offer withdrawn
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Paddy was only third? That's nuts.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    In Ottawa (Canada's Capital City) at the moment.

Had a tour of the Canadian Houses of Parliament today.

It's basically exactly the same as the UK system; which would make sense considering their entire Government system is based off the British system. The only difference is that they have a "Senate" instead of the "House of Lords", they carry out the exactly the same role and are appointed by the Prime Minister.

Lovely!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    25th comment, 25th in number of replies. Hoorah for pointless number associations.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My first post is still a work in progress. Any ideas?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    **** I was first

I won't be posting as much
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where's the menu for the bar? Commons Bar Mk VI is disappointing with a blank first post.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    You were right about Morgsie is what I concluded.
    People do eventually come round to my point of view, par for the course really.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    People do eventually come round to my point of view, par for the course really.
    It's all part of the fun of this House for you I'm supposing
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's all part of the fun of this House for you I'm supposing
    Well it's interesting to watch those who start off seeing me as a complete prat and eventually come around to seeing the world through the same slightly cynical eyes. Most people never make it so it certainly makes the House an amusing place working out who will. Election week requires some appropriate musical accompaniment. Starting with an altered Rabbie Burns piece:

• 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebatingGreg)
    I presume you do both?
    Yep I study both Latin and Greek. They're both great languages and well worth looking at and studying for their impact on Western and European culture (this is perhaps the only area of European culture that I like!)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep I study both Latin and Greek. They're both great languages and well worth looking at and studying for their impact on Western and European culture (this is perhaps the only area of European culture that I like!)
    The big question: where do you stand on Mary Beard?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    **** I was first

I won't be posting as much
    Aha, we'll see.

HOLLANDE 2012
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    The big question: where do you stand on Mary Beard?
    She unfortunately doesn't hold the same interests in classics that I do so I haven't read much of her work/ watched her programmes.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm doing Latin at school. Generally speaking, I much prefer learning Latin to a modern language, partly because you go at a much faster pace and therefore learn more on the structure of the language early on, but mainly because of the culture intertwined with it. I probably wouldn't dare read any Classical Literature if it hadn't been for Latin, nor took terrible interest in its philosophy.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aha, we'll see.

HOLLANDE 2012
    Sarkozy 2012
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    x
    I've tried Molson "Canadian" and Moosehead, and I have to say that I prefer Molson "Canadian". Both are nice but that's my personal preference, the opposite from you. :P
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    She unfortunately doesn't hold the same interests in classics that I do so I haven't read much of her work/ watched her programmes.
    She's more anthropology centred, are you more interested in the bigger events (politics etc.)? Her Pompeii book was hilarious/a great accompaniment to visiting the place.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mary Beard! My teacher was taught by her, but I have not really read/seen any of her works
Updated: October 8, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.