Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Commons Bar Mk VI

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    so why do you think you'd do well to take a politics degree? it will only lead to ruin :lol:

:rofl:
    i don't, i just wondered if it was interesting is all...
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Why, thank you.
    You doing PPE?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    You doing PPE?
    I have an AAA offer from Balliol.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice, good luck with that
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone fancy taking up the mantle of an Arab league country in the MUN? There's an immdediate chance for you to influence the League's future as well! Details in the thread.

Any current members, get yo asses in there, this is important!
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should come and join us in PS Help once you start.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    You should come and join us in PS Help once you start.
    My personal statement was an omnishambles, though! It was my TSA score that got me in.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    That's my first exam. I'm confident on just about everything in the module, I just have appalling exam technique

I think I'm going to be lucky if I pass our computer and applications module though, my group work was simply awful because the we let the wrong person write the report, I had issues submitting a few assignments and there weren't enough demonstrators to help us with large parts of completely new stuff. I'm pretty annoyed with the way the whole module was run really.

Hopefully the degree classification will be sufficient motiviation... maybe :rolleyes:
    I had a major group module where two people had to go to hospital due to injuries in the lab.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    Anyone fancy taking up the mantle of an Arab league country in the MUN? There's an immdediate chance for you to influence the League's future as well! Details in the thread.

Any current members, get yo asses in there, this is important!
    What was your post which you quoted me about?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    RIP Donna Summer
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    What was your post which you quoted me about?
    I was just letting you know that in the shambles that our inaugural council has turned into, i've taken it upon myself to declare our term at an end as our mandate expired about 4 days ago, technically we dont even have any authority over the league any more.

So basically, until we've decided on a permanent system of governing the league, the work on a partnership between the EU and the AL will be put to one side, but if im invovled in the new system of govt when it gets sorted (should be about a week) I'll push for it.

Just wanted to let you know
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just letting you know that in the shambles that our inaugural council has turned into, i've taken it upon myself to declare our term at an end as our mandate expired about 4 days ago, technically we dont even have any authority over the league any more.

So basically, until we've decided on a permanent system of governing the league, the work on a partnership between the EU and the AL will be put to one side, but if im invovled in the new system of govt when it gets sorted (should be about a week) I'll push for it.

Just wanted to let you know
    Thank you. I hope you improve activity in the AL.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Thank you. I hope you improve activity in the AL.
    Thanks trying my best, but it doesn't help when just weeks after voting in favour of expelling Egypt from the council for inactivity, the libyan rep also becomes inactive, leaving me to effectively govern alone under emergency power :/ Ah well, hopefully this shambles will end with the end of the inaugural council
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I had a major group module where two people had to go to hospital due to injuries in the lab.
    Well I guess that sort of entitles you to a valid excuse! What was the lab work that led to the hospitalisations?

We had a part time student who said they write reports for work all the time (he works at unilever or something) so they'd happily do it, which I thought was a pretty lucky break. On deadline day he gave it to us and it looked like it had been written by a 4 year old
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Well I guess that sort of entitles you to a valid excuse! What was the lab work that led to the hospitalisations?
    Bicycle chains and gears lol. Just people being nincompoops. Nothing serious, just some minor gashes that needed stitching I think.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    is politics any good? I've thought about it, but i've always swung towards history...
    It really depends on what you want to do, obviously. I personally prefer politics as it is far more contemporary in many respects and gives me far far more choice.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    One exam down, went bloody terribly.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    It really depends on what you want to do, obviously. I personally prefer politics as it is far more contemporary in many respects and gives me far far more choice.
    Everyone you meet for the rest of your life will think you're a ****, though.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    One exam down, went bloody terribly.
    It probably went better than you thought. The exams I think i've done crap in are normally the ones i've done better in for some reason :s
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    It probably went better than you thought. The exams I think i've done crap in are normally the ones i've done better in for some reason :s
    Nope.

You have no idea
Updated: October 8, 2012
New on TSR

Results: how's it going?

Which A-level are you most confident about getting back?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.