Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

If i repeat a year of A-levels would it reduce my chances to get into university

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    I'm a resit student and honestly it worked out fine. I've applied for Biomed though so it is a bit different, however IF you do retake the year - let me know. I can give lots of tips.
    Hi i could do with some tips. Due to lots of family issues i ended up flopping my AS this year and i was really hoping to get into biomed. Also, if you don't mind sharing, i was wondering which university you got to?
    Many thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you have to pay to resit a year?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I took psychology at an AS level but got a terrible grade (D). I am now changing my college in which it is said that I am not allowed to take the subject again ( as in repeart the first year) however when enrolling in person I was not questioned whether I had taken the course before even though they know that I've attended a college previously and I've been signed on to it.
    Do any of you know what are the consequences if they do find out that I took psychology before?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    u said you can give lots of tips on resitting a year
    i was an as student doing bio, chem and psychology but failed chem, surprisingly. i wanna change my course now and do bio, history sociology and psychology so im taking only 2 new as but im leaving bio and psychology A2 for now so i can do them the following year
    pls advice me on what to do, or if my decision is right and wouldn't limit my entering into uni. thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shona103)
    do you have to pay to resit a year?
    nope. not that i know of
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have many problems! I mean universities don't really care how you got the grades, as long as you do have the grades then they can't turn you down! Consider two applicants, candidate A didn't resit and achieved AAA however candidate B did resit but got A*A*A, they are more likely going to consider candidate B, and it also shows determination in wanting to leave sixth form with the best possible grades....I know way too many people who have retook the year and got into UCL, Oxford and QMUL/ KCL so do not worry!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2014
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.