The Student Room Group

Master Acc&Fin @ LSE vs. Masters in Finance @ LBS

Hi everyone,

i need to decide these days between my two best offers I gained during my applications. These are the Acc&Fin Master at LSE and LBS' MiF programme. I would like to know, what do you think which programme is stronger reputed in the IB industry?

Most people strongly recommend me currently to join the MiF programme at LBS and until now I am pretty convinced already to do so, since the programme incorporates students with higher seniority and more experience whilst it is strongly practically focussed like an MBA. LSE carries an awesome name and costs 13k less but is much more theoretical and the average student will be about five years younger than I am.

So I am wondering, how do you assess both schools in direkt comparison?
Reply 1
Firstly, I don't think average student age around you for a year should be a factor in something that will possibly influence the rest of your working life!

That said, my 2c worth is that LBS is a stronger brand, and also that Acc&Fin is a 'softer' degree than a straight finance one. If the extra money isn't an issue, I'd go for LBS. If it is, your other course is a strong second option - you're still in a good position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending