Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

why is it acceptable to poke fun at christians but not muslims?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber109)
    i agree about the Ahmadi Muslims, they promote peace in such a beautiful way and are definately a true representation of Islam.

Its nice to know some people know about us, lol, not very well known really (suppose people like to hear about violence rather than peace on the news etc), but aside frm tht, thank you, and I can honestly say many christians I know are some of the most peaceful n loving people I know and therefore true representations of christianity :-)
    x
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonbellringer)
    Hear hear!! It's a joke. I am not religious but I would stand up for Christians against Muslims any day, and it is irritating that Muslims seem to get preferential treatment, yet Christians do not go round bombing London or flying planes into skyscrapers.... Something is wrong here surely!!

However, there seem to be more cases of Islam extreme than Christian extreme. Correct me if I am wrong, but are the Taliban not Muslims?!?! And are they not extremes?!?!?! It just seems that Muslim threats, terrorism and behaviour problems appear more on news than any Christian terrorism, Breiviks aside.
    911 and 7/7 are suspicious and very well could be inside jobs... even if they're not but more than likely were (esp 911), are you forgetting about the IRA bombing london, more than once. And the UK and US army are bombing the middle east, over a million people died in Iraq alone, that blood is on your hands. No, the taliban aren't but western governments are.

indeed, most terrorism on TV is muslim but its a shame they only make up 6% of the worlds terrorist attacks...

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not...s-are-muslims/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King-Panther)
    911 and 7/7 are suspicious and very well could be inside jobs... even if they're were not but more than likely were (esp 911), are you forgetting about the IRA bombing london, more than once. And the UK and US army are bombing the middle east, over a million people died in Iraq alone, that blood is on your hands. No, the taliban aren't but western governments are.

indeed, most terrorism on TV is muslim but its a shame they only make up 6% of the worlds terrorist attacks...

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not...s-are-muslims/
    it just takes one.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannaaahlima)
    it just takes one.
    So, all terrorists are bad, including the western governments.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do we have here? A truther? Oh my, how wonderful.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCarmady)
    What do we have here? A truther? Oh my, how wonderful.
    I'm glad you think 911 being an inside job is wonderful.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's wonderful that you opened with "hi guys, i'm an idiot", only thinly disguised by a disgustingly stupid conspiracy theory. Talk about offensive... Tell me, is the Holocaust also a fabrication, or are we letting that one slide?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCarmady)
    I think both "grammar nazi" and "Grammar Nazi" are acceptable, as is "grammar Nazi".
    I prefer "grammar nazi". Small 'n' to show the allegorical reference.

My favourite rebuttal when being called the former is that I'm more of a "logic nazi".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's something about Islam that you can't actually find anything to make jokes about it.

I've seen some who tried but eventually ended up making a fool of himself. There's in fact something so weird about it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    911 and 7/7 are suspicious and very well could be inside jobs... even if they're not but more than likely were (esp 911), are you forgetting about the IRA bombing london,l]
    of course not - they were also inside jobs

as is by now quite well-known, most of the IRA attacks were actually organized by Lady Thatcher

Pearl Harbour was organized by Roosevelt and JFK committed suicide, in a most dramatic and unexpected fashion
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sanctified)
    There's something about Islam that you can't actually find anything to make jokes about it.

I've seen some who tried but eventually ended up making a fool of himself. There's in fact something so weird about it.
    It's not that easy to make good Islamic jokes...

why, even Muhammad tried and (in my view) failed miserably.

Here's an example (it's actually a hadith reported by Tirmidhi, considered as "hasan" -i.e. fairly well documented)

"An old woman came to the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) and said: "O Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) that I will enter Paradise." He said jokingly, "O Mother of So-and-so, no old women will enter Paradise." The old woman went away crying, so the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, "Tell her that she will not enter Paradise as an old woman, for Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) says: (We have created [their Companions] of special creation, and made them virgin-pure [and undefiled]) (Qur'an 56:35-36)."

Absolutely hilarious.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)

as is by now quite well-known, most of the IRA attacks were actually organized by Lady Thatcher

Pearl Harbour was organized by Roosevelt and JFK committed suicide, in a most dramatic and unexpected fashion
    I'm glad we agree.

I don't know much about the IRA and Tatcher.

Roosevelt knew pearl harbour was going to happen, don't know if he or the government organised it.

JFK was most likely assassinated by people within his own government, i disagree it was suicide.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not that easy to make good Islamic jokes...

why, even Muhammad tried and (in my view) failed miserably.

Here's an example (it's actually a hadith reported by Tirmidhi, considered as "hasan" -i.e. fairly well documented)

"An old woman came to the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) and said: "O Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) that I will enter Paradise." He said jokingly, "O Mother of So-and-so, no old women will enter Paradise." The old woman went away crying, so the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, "Tell her that she will not enter Paradise as an old woman, for Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) says: (We have created [their Companions] of special creation, and made them virgin-pure [and undefiled]) (Qur'an 56:35-36)."

Absolutely hilarious.
    Unlike the Quran, people have not memorised the hadith to the same extent, therefore false hadiths have been created by the enemies of Islam, the way in which you can spot them if they go against what the quran says, so where in the quran does it say women of any age cant go to heaven.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    JFK was most likely assassinated by people within his own government, i disagree it was suicide.
    laughable

JFK's death was obvious suicide

this shows clearly how you were brainwashed by the Zionist-controlled media

just continue to believe the nonsense you are being spoon-fed by the Illuminati...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm an equal opportunity kind of person. I dislike all equally.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unlike the Quran, people have not memorised the hadith to the same extent,
    no surprise there, mate

as I said, this hadith, narrating a bungled attempt by Muhammad to crack a rather lame joke, most surely is not something which would warrant being memorized
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

I severely hope you're being sarcastic.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    I severely hope you're being sarcastic.
    it's rather surprising that someone would ask such a question

there is this idea that nothing should be taken at face value, and that reality is just one huge morass of false-flag attacks, provocations and intrigue by hidden forces, while most people -who are are just gullible idiots - will be easily maneuvered into believing most anything

the internet has made these fantasies easily accessible, and unfortunately there are in fact some gullible idiots who seriously do believe them
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    It's acceptable to take the mick out of Christianity because it exists. Likewise Islam, but, as has been mentioned with the Dara O'Briain thing, your average British comedian knows less about Islam than Christianity, hence it's easier to take the mick out of.

Everything is fair game, nothing and no-one should be immune to being the target of some jokes.
    This is the reason. I can't remember the last time I heard a joke about any religion apart from Christianity. Even Jewish comedians don't joke about Moses, only about Jewish cultural stuff, e.g. my mother is sooooo Jewish etc.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Apologies for taking so long to reply...

On the basis that I take the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to be the best of mankind and if every individual tries to follow his example, life would be a better place.

I could go into much more detail but unfortunately I don't have the time right now.
    That's cool, it's a busy time of year and all

Well, the main problem I see with this is that firstly, there are many sects of Islam. Which one is correct? That we might never know.

Secondly, not everyone sees the Prophet as the best example for mankind. I mean, he was around a loooonnnggg time ago and his culture, beliefs and practices are incompatible with how many people would like to live their lives now.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.