Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

2012 Psychology students- Books

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm a third year Psychology student at Lincoln and I have loads of books to sell if anyone is interested. It's a good idea to buy books second-hand, as I had to buy a few from shops and the internet and found them to be really expensive, however they're also really essential if you want to do well!

I know it's quite early to start buying books, but I thought I'd start advertising now in case anyone interested will visit Lincoln while i'm still here (I have three weeks left!). If not I will happily send them by post.

Altogether I have 10 books, plus 4 books which I will throw in for free as they are old books that the library recently gave away.

Message back if interested
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey
    what books are they and how much are you thinking of selling them for?
    thanks,
    hannah
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just remember guys that some of the modules will require the new edition. Eg. In the development module, Dr Fenja Ziegler has a new edition coming out for this year, which has a new chapter in it. So if you buy the old one then you'll miss out on one section. And in the Mind and Brain module the exams are based on the most recent edition of textbook.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the books I have are:
    -Research methods and statistics in psychology (5th edition)
    -Cognitive psychology (6th edition)
    -Cognitive neuroscience (3rd edition)
    -Social psychology (4th edition)
    -Biopsychology (5th edition)
    -Understanding children's development (4th edition)
    -Atypical child development in context
    -Reconstructing childhood
    -Critical psychology (2nd edition)
    -What is this thing called science?

I found these all to be really helpful and i've used them all across the 3 years of the course, and about half of them at least are really essential. Speaking as a student who's done the course and has used a couple of old editions of books, it doesn't really matter that much and I feel like I've got good grades thanks to these books! Most of these are fairly new anyway as I bought them during my time here.

For all of these I would be looking for about £100 (excluding delivery) which is about half of what I payed for them all.

Let me know if interested
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have pretty much all of them as just going into the third year myself.. but for the reconstruction of childhood, critical psychology and what is this thing called science?.. you reckon you could do £25?
    l
    et me know

thanks,
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for the interest!

Yeah £25 is fine. I'll be back in Lincoln on the 4th September for my graduation so I can either give them to you then. If not then I can post them to you, however i'll have to charge you extra for the price of delivery too.

Let me know how that sounds.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.