London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*waves* me, see you there.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I expect a full report since i'm going on the 22nd!
I'm sure you'll like it... :smile: I hope you will anyway. The law building is MUCH nicer on the inside than it is outside, although the colour scheme in the main lecture theatre (where I expect admissions tutor Rodney Austin will address you) leaves a lot to be desired.
Reply 4
are there any open days for law in april? or does anyone know if I can arrange some visit in april cause of my exams this month??
You can visit whenever you want. Just explain to Andy the security guard man you're a prospective student and he'll let you wander around :smile: I did it 3 or 4 times over last summer lol.
Out of interest, what happens on your open days?
Reply 7
President_Ben
Out of interest, what happens on your open days?
Uhm we had...

Introduction by Rodney Austin, some other woman (whose name escapes me) and then students from the Law Society
Question and Answer Session
'Tea' - basically refreshments and the chances to talk to lecturers and other students
A tour of the college (Union, library, etc.)
Sample lecture
What did you think of it all? How long were the various bits? I'm very nosey :smile:
Reply 9
President_Ben
What did you think of it all? How long were the various bits? I'm very nosey :smile:
I thought it was really good actually. Far better than the KCL one that I went to last month. The college seemed really nice and everybody was really friendly.

As for length

2:15-3:00 Introduction/Q+A/Law Society talk etc.
3:00-3:30 Tea
3:30-4:30 Tour
4:30-5:00 Sample lecture

Does that satisfy your curiosity? :wink:
That is quite a long tour... thanks for that.

Also intrigued by this 'sample lecture' thing... one more question (and hopefully the last!) - how was the tour done?

I'm guessing you were given the tour by students... how many to a group? How big was each group?
Reply 11
Quit fishing, Econ will never be as good as Law! lol
Reply 12
President_Ben
That is quite a long tour... thanks for that.

Also intrigued by this 'sample lecture' thing... one more question (and hopefully the last!) - how was the tour done?

I'm guessing you were given the tour by students... how many to a group? How big was each group?
There were 21 people in total (students that is, not including parents) and we split into two groups, one of 11 and one of 10. And yeah, we were given the tour by three members of the UCL Law Society.
UCL_Law
Quit fishing, Econ will never be as good as Law! lol

We get around 100 people into our open days and given them what many students have called 'the best open days they've had - ever'

We continue to try and improve that experience...
Reply 14
President_Ben
We get around 100 people into our open days and given them what many students have called 'the best open days they've had - ever'

We continue to try and improve that experience...
What do you do for them?
TommehR
What do you do for them?

That is good? I do a no-holes barred stand-up comedy performance because I'm trusted (yeah, I know... me, trusted!!) to chat to them for about 30 minutes straight.

The only other unique thing is that we take them to the bar for a really nice informal chat with each other and us. Drinks bought by us (subject to being 18 and with ID, maybe)
Reply 16
President_Ben
no-holes barred
Ouch, sounds painful. :p:
Reply 17
TommehR
What do you do for them?

Tease and please them. :wink:
TommehR
Ouch, sounds painful. :p:

Only if you like it that way...

Original post by &#1108
Tease and please them. :wink:

How did you hear about the impromptu striptease? :confused:
Reply 19
President_Ben
How did you hear about the impromptu striptease? :confused:

Oh, you know. Stories and what not. I've always thought they were just rumours. But now I know the truth. :wink: :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending