Im really worried about the exam,

I seem to know my stuff but can never relate it to the question :frown:

Hope its all going well..:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Aay
Hey,

Hows it going with maths studying ? So and so

Any tips etc you wanna' share? Even if you don't know how to do all the qustion do as parts you know.

Im really worried about the exam,

I seem to know my stuff but can never relate it to the question :frown:

Hope its all going well..:biggrin:

I am really worried about the RE questions, in the prelim i got 50% and in the second prelim i got 54% :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by JackE5
I am really worried about the RE questions, in the prelim i got 50% and in the second prelim i got 54% :colondollar:

I know what you mean.

KU is ok, in the first prelim i got a 3, by like 7%, in the second prelim like 3 weeks ago I did good with a 1,1.

I think pp's are the best way to do it.
Reply 3
Hey guys, I heard today that for an overall 1 in SG Maths, you only need a 1 in either KU or RE. Is this true? I thought you needed a 1 in RE to get an overall 1 cos it's 60% of the paper...

Btw freakin out about Wednesday :eek4::shot:
Reply 4
Original post by mrsnicket
Hey guys, I heard today that for an overall 1 in SG Maths, you only need a 1 in either KU or RE. Is this true? I thought you needed a 1 in RE to get an overall 1 cos it's 60% of the paper...

Btw freakin out about Wednesday :eek4::shot:

Yes, its true that if you get a 1 in KU and a 2 in RE, its an overall 1.

Who told you 60% was RE? :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by JackE5
Yes, its true that if you get a 1 in KU and a 2 in RE, its an overall 1.

Who told you 60% was RE? :confused:

Really?! Thank god! I cannot do RE but I think I can pull a 2 (hopefully)!

And I dunno, I just thought that was the dealio :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by mrsnicket
Really?! Thank god! I cannot do RE but I think I can pull a 2 (hopefully)!

And I dunno, I just thought that was the dealio :confused:

It's like that in modern studies but in maths they are identical in marks, but the KU is prioritised.
Reply 7
Original post by JackE5
It's like that in modern studies but in maths they are identical in marks, but the KU is prioritised.

Yeah, that's probably where I'm getting it from :tongue: that has made me far more confident for Wednesday :biggrin: I'll be very happy with a 1/2! Thanks for clearing that up for me :smile:
Reply 8
Hey I found a good link to a mixture of Credit revision questions from pps:

http://www.shawlandsacademy.glasgow.sch.uk/Websites/SchSecShawlands/UserFiles/file/Maths/S4%20Credit%20Past%20Paper%20Booklet.pdf

It's certainly helping me jog some memories of surds, indices, etc. It's there if anyone needs/wants to use it :smile:
Reply 9
After my experience of sitting SG maths last year, problem solving questions are always the hardest and the ones which they throw in their to test the most able of students. As long as you know your knowledge you should be fine with RE questions as long as you don't rush in and instead take time to read the question over and look at the diagram given to you. To be honest if you have hit the past papers hard you will find that they just repeaty problem solving questions but just apply them to a different problem. As long as you have a rough idea of how to start it that'll be you and you'll be off and running towards your overall 1 in the exam on Wednesday.
Reply 10
Original post by scottish19
After my experience of sitting SG maths last year, problem solving questions are always the hardest and the ones which they throw in their to test the most able of students. As long as you know your knowledge you should be fine with RE questions as long as you don't rush in and instead take time to read the question over and look at the diagram given to you. To be honest if you have hit the past papers hard you will find that they just repeaty problem solving questions but just apply them to a different problem. As long as you have a rough idea of how to start it that'll be you and you'll be off and running towards your overall 1 in the exam on Wednesday.

+1 :cool: Cheers, mate.
The nerves are starting to kick in now. I'm the most nervous about the RE and problem solving questions. I don't know if it's just me, but even though I've done many RE questions in past papers, whenever I'm faced with a new one I'm stuck, even if I''ve done one similar to it before. I'll need a minor miracle tommorow!
Reply 12
Original post by ladymarshmallow
The nerves are starting to kick in now. I'm the most nervous about the RE and problem solving questions. I don't know if it's just me, but even though I've done many RE questions in past papers, whenever I'm faced with a new one I'm stuck, even if I''ve done one similar to it before. I'll need a minor miracle tommorow!

Same, I feel ill just thinking about tomorrow! I'm going into school today to basically cry with everyone else and beg our maths teacher to help us :frown:
yeah the nerves are really starting to kick in now :frown: there is just so many formula you can use, i can never manage to pick the right one! going to batter through pastpapers today, that seems like the best way to get used to the problem solving ones.
Hi, just in case anyone's interested, there's a really good school website called invergordon academy (just type 'invergordon academy maths') into google. It has tons of revision questions by topic and has the solutions to all past papers from 2002 onwards with workings. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by scottish19

Thanks man!-
Reply 16
Hey late replies sorry,

I just finished the 2011 paper and it seemed ok?

I agree with anyone who says do pastpapers, Its not really a subject in which by doing notes it will help.

S'all about the practice.

Good luck everyone with tommorow and please do comment back on here tommorow to discuss how it went!!!
Original post by JackE5

It's not, they're both equal weighting. If you get a 2:1 you still have a 1. I still foud this really strange so many people's teachers haven't explained this!

Btw sorry I thumbed down I'm new to here and I was just wanting to show I disagreed :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Hint for you all! Standard Deviation didn't come up on my paper last year so chances are you'll get a question this year!
Just know how to do it :P
Original post by Aay

I just finished the 2011 paper and it seemed ok?

In hindsight, yes, it's actually a not bad paper. At the time though, it was such a difficult paper to do! (I remember it well), especially considering the SQA moved away from what they would normally put in a paper!

Anyhow, best of luck to all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending