The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing cardiff september 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi! I'll be starting in September too! (Grades permitting!!) and I'm 25 next week so older as well, glad I won't be the oldest :smile: think they tend to take more mature students on for nursing though so I doubt 26 will be the oldest. So excited to start the course and meet everybody! Is anyone going to be living in student housing? I've gone for a house.. didn't think I could deal with halls but regretting it a bit now! xx
Reply 21
feel a bit better about my age now phew!! thanx guys! seriously excited now! moving down south full time next week, gonna make it all seem much more real then! xxx
Has anyone been accepted into Allensbank? Would be nice to have someone on the same course living near hahah!x
Hey guys, just finished the first year.

At 26 you will not be the oldest on the course so really don't worry about that.

Also there are loads of nurses at Allensbank, mental health, adult, child all mixed together so again no need to worry :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by sophieburkitt
Has anyone been accepted into Allensbank? Would be nice to have someone on the same course living near hahah!x

Hey, I've been accepted into allensbank too!! :smile:
Hey guys - I've got an interview for the March intake. Any advice? I'm doing loads of research but feel so unprepared as I only got confirmation of my interview yesterday!
Original post by Soph.Jade
Hey guys - I've got an interview for the March intake. Any advice? I'm doing loads of research but feel so unprepared as I only got confirmation of my interview yesterday!

Don't worry too much, when I had mine they were more interested in why I wanted to do it, what qualities I thought I had. They didn't ask me very many in depth questions about Mental Health, it was mostly based on my personal statement. Relax, you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by Rhi_Chemo
Hey, I've been accepted into allensbank too!! :smile:

awesome! have you heard anything about what flat you're in yet?
Reply 28
awesome! have you heard anything about what flat you're in yet?

Nope, not heard anything about that yet, you?
Reply 29
I want to know what flat I'm in.. hope they tell us soon!
Hey ladies (and gents, if there are any on this thread), may be joining you in September :biggrin: got an offer today though I have to wait until Friday to know whether I'm starting in September or March :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

Hopefully I'll be seeing you all in September :biggrin:
Reply 31
Any of you guys going to the welcome day on the 3rd?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 32
Any of you guys going to the welcome day on the 3rd?

I will be!:smile:
I've sent of my application form for Allensbank now, and I'm also going on the 3rd :smile: I look forward to it. Has anyone had any news about the means tested bursary? I've not been home for 2 weeks so I've yet to see what post I've got.
I'll be there on the 3rd :smile:
Reply 35
I've sent of my application form for Allensbank now, and I'm also going on the 3rd :smile: I look forward to it. Has anyone had any news about the means tested bursary? I've not been home for 2 weeks so I've yet to see what post I've got.

I had a letter yesterday saying how much I'll get for the means tested bursary, so yours has probably come as well :smile:

I had a letter yesterday saying how much I'll get for the means tested bursary, so yours has probably come as well :smile:

yeah i've had mine now, anyone know when we get our loans/bursaries??
yeah i've had mine now, anyone know when we get our loans/bursaries??

A few days after we start. They need to confirm we've attended before they send it :smile:
Reply 38
Hi everyone :smile:
You'll love studying at Cardiff, I'm now a third (and final, yay!) year doing nursing there.
Trust me when I say those worrying about being the only mature students will be pleasantly surprised, it's pretty evenly split between older students, fresh out of college students and all of those in between.

I think I saw someone asking the difference between march and sept cohorts? Nothing really.. All the same.

If there's anything any one wants to know leading up to the big starting day let me know!

X

Quick Reply

Latest