Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any lucid dreamers on here?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazbian)
    Yep. I tend not to do WILD though. I use reality checks to become lucid (works brilliantly for me, but I know not so much for others).
    but how do you do the reality checks when the dreams feels real, or do you do them often even when awake so your unconscious mind gets used to it?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mastered the art.

It first started when I kept having reoccurring dreams of someone chasing me. It then clicked that I was dreaming and from then on I could do what I want. The first few times I didn't have much control but after that I used to roam around doing all sorts of things.

For some reason, It isn't as consistent now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaunadamjones)
    I believe myself to be a lucid dreamer, I've roughly written what i experience and how i developed it and what its like(shown below)

Lucid dreaming – my Experience

Ever since I was a young child I had very bad nightmares, I used to fear going to sleep at nights. I had a general fear about everything and anything. Before I went to sleep id conger up fears, such as there’s something under my bed or lurking in the dark. I’d go to sleep in complete fear. Till the day my father gave me the best advice he could he said “If you wish for something in your dream, you’ll get it”. I was 9 when I received this advice, it sunk in and I used it well.

A few nights passed, and then one night I had a dream, in which I realised it was not reality as we know it. I started to notice things that were not possible in real life, Such as dinosaurs and monsters. I then realised I was in a dream, I awoke immediately, Panicking and scared.

Throughout that day I was thinking of a way to get out of a dream if need be. I came up with a Dorothy style way of getting back “home”, I said to myself if I ever need to escape from a dream, Just blink. I attempted this method while in a dream it didn’t work right away. I attempted this multiple times until one time I decided if I blink 3 times, It would be better so that’s what I did and I woke up. I had developed a new beginning to understanding and manipulating my dreams.
    This method worked for a number of years, in which I escaped fears and was no longer scared of sleeping.

I one day decided when I was around 13 that running away from my fears is not always a good thing, I started to work on a different technique in which Id make things appear, disappear and manipulate the current situations I was in within a dream. I looked something’s up on the internet about sleep, one website said “many dreams are a reflection of the previous day and this influences some of the dreams” So with that knowledge I walked around that day closing my eyes and saying to myself I wish I had a car to get away. Two weeks passed with me doing this around 1-5 times a day, around 1 week later I had another dream.

I later found out this was a lucid dream, I was getting chased by a man. I stopped closed my eyes and said “I wish for a car” when I opened my eyes to my surprise there was a car, I woke up suddenly. I started to notice as I had more lucid dreams, I began to stay in them longer. This is when I discovered I could now manipulate my dreams. I wished for a whole lot of different things such as guns, weapons, and the ability to fly and even to become a giant. I have been experimenting with this till almost now in which I am still trying to stay in the dream for longer periods of time. It’s almost like spawning something on GTA.
    and not once did you wish for the fittest woman in the world? what is wrong with you man, what have video games done to you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lucid dreaming sounds crazy yet fun lol
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 360kal)
    I have literally just discovered about this on youtube that its a big deal. I have trouble remembering my dreams or even knowing that i dreamt. apparently everyone dreams every night but most people just aren't aware of it.

I have only once been able to do the (wake induced lucid dream) go but into the dream after waking up. but always ends not being lucid, just a normal dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbUn...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LeZh...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qhAQ81c3U
    Few tricks and things to know:
    -You normally only lucid dream before you wake OR that lucid dreaming will cause you to wake. You can get around this by staring at the floor and spinning around. This tricks your brain into thinking that you don't need to wake just yet
    -You can have little tricks to show that you are dreaming eg. pinch yourself every time you go through a doorway. When you do it in a dream, you realise it does not hurt ergo are dreaming..........but of course this is a real pain to actually do
    - Just be mentally stable. The more emotionally stable you are, the more you can manipulate and alter you dream.
    -Also start off small. Don't try to make people appear or create buildings, just try to slightly move something by realising it is not real. Then as the item slightly moves you will have an avalanche affect and can move it more and more until you can do what ever you want.

TLDR: Sort yourself out so you can be a God in your dreams
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have literally just discovered about this on youtube that its a big deal. I have trouble remembering my dreams or even knowing that i dreamt. apparently everyone dreams every night but most people just aren't aware of it.

I have only once been able to do the (wake induced lucid dream) go but into the dream after waking up. but always ends not being lucid, just a normal dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbUn...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LeZh...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qhAQ81c3U
    I always remember one dream I have each night (reoccuring). The others I don't though, but the reoccuring one is a lucid dream in that I am directing it.

I don't see what is particularly special about it, I would personally rather just remember the dreams that come direct from my subconcious as that is far more insightful then the dictations of your concious, which you're already deeply familiar with.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Always wanted to try this. To people who have... 'awakened' their lucid self, is it difficult to begin to lucid dreaming?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware that I'm dreaming in most of my dreams. I try to make stuff happen but it just doesn't happen.

Most frustrating example is a recurring dream where I'm flying, but not good flying, I'm just above head height so although I can fly I just look lame to the people living in my dream. I constantly try to fly properly but it doesn't have any of it!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    I'm aware that I'm dreaming in most of my dreams. I try to make stuff happen but it just doesn't happen.

Most frustrating example is a recurring dream where I'm flying, but not good flying, I'm just above head height so although I can fly I just look lame to the people living in my dream. I constantly try to fly properly but it doesn't have any of it!
    To the point.

At times, you're aware you're dreaming but you can barely do anything. I remember one time where all I could do was front flips on the spot.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepySheep)
    Sometimes I know I'm dreaming (if that's what a lucid dream is, I couldn't be bothered to click the links) and I can control things around me. I remember once contemplating in a dream whether I should throw myself out of a window because I knew I couldn't die. Often, though, I'll know I'm dreaming but then I'll dream waking up and I'll think I'm actually awake even when bizarre/impossible things carry on happening.
    I always dream that I've woken up, then all of a sudden I wake up for real, it's really weird. It's like it takes me 2 attempts to come out of a dream!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had a lucid dream only once or twice as far as I remember. It's rare because usually they seem so real to me, until I wake up.

One day I remember I was reading about lucid dreams, and spent most of the day focusing on the topic. And that night, I remember at some point I realised I was dreaming, and I actually managed to consciously control myself for a little while.

The strange thing is I didn't wake up, I carried on dreaming but I seemed to drop the whole lucidity and just dream regularly. Then it resurfaced again at the end of the dream, by this time the whole scenario had changed, and I woke up shortly after realising.

But yes, it's an interesting topic. I wish I'd have brought it up with the dreams fresher in my mind though. Dream discussion it fun.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dream almost every single night in a non lucid kind of 'movie' type way and then if my alarm goes off I wake up but remember it like a film.

If the alarms not on or if i go back sleep I have lucid kind 'video game' type dreams where I'm in control of whats going on but it's all dreamy and ****

this is pleasing it's like free TV
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A few years back I got very interested in lucid dreaming and dreams itself and i managed to train myself to lucid dream multiple times a month! It was the most amazing experience!

I would like to get back into Lucid dreaming again but when I started college I just had no time in the mornings to record dreams and found I had no time for reality checks during the day etc...
    I am hoping to get back into it when i start uni
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I know that feeling.

I don't think I've ever flown in a dream. But I've sort of, floated around. It's never been controllable either, it just happens, and sometimes it's beneficial to the dream scenario, and sometimes it's a hindrance. It's pretty cool though when it happens.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I used to lucid dream all the time, although I can't do it too much any more... But now and then I do have lucid dreams.

I can post my stories a bit tomorrow, but it's late and I'm off to bed
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a natural lucid dreamer since I can remember, about 3 times a week. I didn't realise it was different until I read about it and now I enjoy dreaming so much. Feel free to be jealous :colonhash:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    but how do you do the reality checks when the dreams feels real, or do you do them often even when awake so your unconscious mind gets used to it?
    Haha, I don't think anyone does that. If you have to constantly check to see if you're in reality or a dream then you might have a problem.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    I'm a natural lucid dreamer since I can remember, about 3 times a week. I didn't realise it was different until I read about it and now I enjoy dreaming so much. Feel free to be jealous :colonhash:
    If I could control myself in dreams consistently I think I would try to induce a long drug-induced coma. Not that I'm trying to suggest anything here.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O'Donovan)
    If I could control myself in dreams consistently I think I would try to induce a long drug-induced coma. Not that I'm trying to suggest anything here.
    Really? :curious:
    That is quite boring for what you can do when you lucid dream as you can do anything with enough practice :cool:

Yeah, this is the hardest part and funnily enough The Matrix got it right about bending the spoon. The only way to make things happen is to realise that it is not real and that you can do what you want with no effort. The more you try, the more you will fail. It is a bit like walking. You don't think " WALK", you just start walking.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaunadamjones)
    This is a technique i use as well, noticing your wearing clothing you don't own and mostly just general realizing common stuff like people changing into other people or things that are impossible in the real world. very much like the film inception

The reality checks that I use are looking at text/the time and then looking away, and looking back again. In real life, the text or time stays the same, but for some reason in dreams it ALWAYS changes.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 10, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.