Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any lucid dreamers on here?

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've only had a lucid dream once! It was amazing though! I remember it started because I decided to look in the mirror (because I had been reading about how in dreams you don't see your actual reflection), and I saw that small, fat guy from 'The Hangover'... haha! So then I realised I must be dreaming. I did have a normal dream that I was lucid dreaming last night though after reading this thread!

But there was one other time where I realised I was dreaming, and instead of just going along mindlessly with the dream, I properly focused on my surroundings, and looked at the landscape around me, and it was all so beautiful and incredibly vivid. It was a summers day in a field with loads of beautiful flowers, rolling hills in the distance, butterflies, next to a pretty little cottage, and it was so perfect! But then I woke up...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yep, it happens quite frequently

the first one i remember and realised i was dreaming was when I was looking into a large mirror and started levitating in front of it, then i flew out the window to some city and ended up on the top of a building like in dark knight, i wish i was batman.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    all night erry night.

They're never too interesting though, I always just end up looking for a place to fornicate with David Tennant.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have lucid dreams more often than not. It used to be I could do cool stuff like fly or pick who to have sex with, it was fun. But recently I've been having nightmares, realizing they're nightmares and trying to wake myself up to escape from them, only I haven't quite nailed how to wake myself up yet so I spend ages getting more and more scared. Not fun.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I go through period where I dream every night continuously for about a month and will be able to explain in detail what happened in my dream and will usually feel strange when I wake up, as if the dream actually happened. Then I'll go through periods where I don't dream at all (or perhaps I do I just have no recollection). What is strange is that I'll always dream about something that happened that day whether it be some insignificant minor detail or a place I went that day.
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I have lucid dreams more often than not. It used to be I could do cool stuff like fly or pick who to have sex with, it was fun. But recently I've been having nightmares, realizing they're nightmares and trying to wake myself up to escape from them, only I haven't quite nailed how to wake myself up yet so I spend ages getting more and more scared. Not fun.
    Instead of trying to wake up, have you tried flying/teleporting to somewhere safer, "away" from the nightmare?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Instead of trying to wake up, have you tried flying/teleporting to somewhere safer, "away" from the nightmare?
    Yeah I have tried, usually whatever it is follows me. I also spend a lot of time trying to hide from what's going on, but again, it usually finds me.

I used to be able to control everything about my dreams, I could recreate a high from drugs for example, it was the most amazing feeling, but now it's always nightmares and my opportunities for controlling the dream are much narrower. I can still make choices and still realize I'm dreaming, just I can't get out of it. :sad:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've only had about 11ish lucid dreams, but because of A-Levels I haven't really been trying for a while. Strangely enough, I've never been able to fly freely as there's always that part of my brain thinking "This isn't possible, gravity's gonna kick in any minute now!". I've only ever been able to fly using a broomstick, jetboots and a giant robot. In that order. So all in all, not too bad I suppose, but I'l have to get back into it in summer.

(Original post by Persipan)
    For some reason my way of confirming I'm dreaming has for ages been to throw myself through the nearest available window and fly. Even Inception hasn't cured me of that...
    What happens if your not dreaming?...Ouch.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have only had lucid dreams twice. I have tried multiple times to induce them but it hasnt really worked out.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummm)
    Seriously? That's amazing! How is she supposed to study though if she hasn't actually got a book (that's readable/contains all the correct information) when she's dreaming though? There's been a few times (usually around exam periods) where I dream about trying to remember my notes, and usually wake up panicking because I can't remember them, then realise it was all just gibberish calculations anyway! (but those are just normal non-lucid dreams)
    Not sure actually, she said she just sees her notes/books in front of her and can just study them. Maybe photographic memory or something? Or perhaps has just memorised stuff and is going over it in her sleep
    • 117 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am a lucid dreamer :moon:

around exam time I make myself sit exams, but make them incredibly easy
    • 117 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauline_lg)
    Not sure actually, she said she just sees her notes/books in front of her and can just study them. Maybe photographic memory or something? Or perhaps has just memorised stuff and is going over it in her sleep
    That's how I do it. If you have a good memory you can normally forge some sort way to use what you can remember to revise. In all fairness, in the week before exams, everything is so fresh in the mind that it's relatively easy to go over stuff you know.

The problem here is the stuff you can remember like that is often not the stuff you need to revise
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am a lucid dreamer but due to exam stress and little sleep lately they have slowly began to die out hopefully in the summer holidays I can go back to controlling everything in my own virtual reality
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie (:)
    I go through period where I dream every night continuously for about a month and will be able to explain in detail what happened in my dream and will usually feel strange when I wake up, as if the dream actually happened. Then I'll go through periods where I don't dream at all (or perhaps I do I just have no recollection). What is strange is that I'll always dream about something that happened that day whether it be some insignificant minor detail or a place I went that day.
    Exact same thing happens to me, I think it is because I have a few dreams then always wake up the next day thinking what did I dream of, but during those periods where I 'feel like' I haven't had any dreams I think I just wake up not even wondering whether I had a dream or not so it feels like I just haven't dreamed for a while... and I doubt that made much sense
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vian)
    What happens if your not dreaming?...Ouch.
    Quite! Hasn't happened yet, but I should really try to come up with something else...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 10, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.