Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Creative Writing - Anyone wanna join?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heyy.. I love to read - I read pretty much anything I can lay my hands on, I also love to write, but recently I've been stuck for ideas... I think it would be pretty cool to join with someone and write something together, only none of my friends enjoy writing! I'm really looking for something to keep me entertained over the summer, but you never know what it might lead to.. haha. Any takers?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to write a short story. I just never finish!

A long time ago in year 7, I wrote about two friends who had superpowers but got into trouble with the police. They met a giant who was swimming in soup and somehow ended up in jail...This is getting pretty random. Anyway, they are also on a quest to save the world from this evil monster that threatens to kill all humans!

What are your story ideas?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same - I have so many half written pieces lying around!

I'm not sure - I always have pretty dark themes to my writing, cos I find it easier to write and create a good picture (abuse, self harm, prostitution... haha), but i think it'd be pretty cool to do one on like an affair or forbidden love or something cheesy, with someone writing one point of view and me writing the other, and putting them together kinda chapter about? (probably not an actual chapter, but you catch my drift...) as I find it hard to write from two points of view well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could do one person's point of view and I do the other. We could put together the darkest, most depressing thing, like some torturous love story that got really sick and twisted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious? Cos I'd actually be well up for that. Aha. You got any ideas?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So far I've started a piece where this girl has an obsession with an drummer in school. He's pretty strange and isn't social, but for some weird reason she's drawn to him. He also does gory artwork, like installations with raw meat.

I got the inspiration from one of my classmates in art. She wanted to use real meat in her final piece, but it wouldn't keep, so she used latex instead.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, cool - I've got a similar one started, she has an obsession with a guy she hangs out with, but can't quite work out why - there's something odd about him, but she's loves it. They somehow get talking, and they get closer and closer... only i never quite decided where to go with it - i toyed with different things, he's a vampire, she gets pregnant, she has a secret too....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is this too similar to Twilight? I'm not a huge fan. Then again, Skulduggery Pleasant is more my kind of thing. I like humour and adventure books. What books do you like?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hm... Yeh, could be, I think I was probably reading Dracula at the time :P How about we go for something less obvious? Oooh, like a father daughter thing where the father pays someone to kidnap his daughter for whatever reason, but they fall for each other?

I like a lot of books aha... I love stuff like Jane Eyre and Great Expectations, but also Trainspotting, Fight Club, Birdsong... I can't get enough of the Sherlock Holmes stories at the minute either. I like humour, but I also like war stories. Anything really..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great! So you're open to any ideas? Do you want to start writing on the student room, or should we email?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    This sounds pretty good, I love writing but I usually end up hating my work a couple of pages in and abandoning it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not keep going? Writing more can't get worse!

Have you got any cool ideas for stories?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same! I'm buzzing for this one, guys! I write scripts at the moment, but I am writing my second novel which is like a combination of I Claudius and Lord of the Rings Good thing about 'abandoning' things is that you're stopping yourself from being absolutely bored of your writing, which may be how your readers will feel - if there's a joke in there, you have to find it funny and be laughing as much as your readers - but then you can clear the airwaves and return to it at a later date. I did that with my first fully written book, left it for like a year (mainly to concentrate on my studies) then went back to it and finished it Love to give you guys a sample of my latest when you can
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Via email would probably be more convenient... it would be so cool to write something together, we just need a good storyline that allows us to incorporate all the different bits and styles - any ideas?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    'A tyrannical dictator rules his country with an iron fist, until a general of his own political party decides to bring together a band of high ranking generals to bring him down'. I'm sorta basing this on the Operation Valkyrie with Hitler and Von Staffenberg, but we could have it in a completely fictional country, like the Lord of the Rings or the Final Fantasy series!

I read in an article that it seems that books nowadays don't seem brave enough to write controversial literature, and I think we could have a go and doing something like that. Subtle hints obviously of current events in the world but you never know, it could be a good one!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, I like that! Although I'm not sure I'm wise / worldly enough to make it believable? :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babachew)
    Heyy.. I love to read - I read pretty much anything I can lay my hands on, I also love to write, but recently I've been stuck for ideas... I think it would be pretty cool to join with someone and write something together, only none of my friends enjoy writing! I'm really looking for something to keep me entertained over the summer, but you never know what it might lead to.. haha. Any takers?
    I have started a peice and around 5 people said the liked it (ive only written the beginning but its looking promising), so if you want, ill p.m you the peice if i can, and you can continue it if you like what you see. Y or N?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to do this. I suck at self motivation, but if I was writing a piece in collaboration with others, I'd be totally up for it. This thread doesn't seem very organised though, first we have to get a group together of people that want to do this, then we need to discuss story ideas, then we need to structure who will write what when and so forth.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    I'd like to do this. I suck at self motivation, but if I was writing a piece in collaboration with others, I'd be totally up for it. This thread doesn't seem very organised though, first we have to get a group together of people that want to do this, then we need to discuss story ideas, then we need to structure who will write what when and so forth.
    I already have a good beginning written so.....
    Just need to see if other collaborators like it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    id liek to wright but i never know how to start the story D:
    had some really good ideas in the past though :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.