Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Skinny Question

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Go onto bodybuilding.com they have all the information about everything that anyone could ever want to know, countless articles, eating plans and training programs for hard gainers. And I can guarantee you that although you think you're eating a lot, your not at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Until you count how many calories you actually eat, you wont realise how little you eat. Theres a good chance you're a little disillusioned, I always thought I ate loads and would always say how I eat loads I just cant put on weight.. Checked how many calories i was eating and it was around 2000.. 500 less then recommended, and if you wan't to gain weight you probably want to hit 3000 at least, maybe a few hundred more.

I found the easiest way to hit that is protein shakes with blue top milk, whacks on the extra calories and gives you protein post workout, that way if I eat 2500+ calories in good food, I can aim to make up the difference with a decent sized protein shake post workout
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You really have to up your calorie intake. As a hardgainer myself, I had to up mine to 4.5-5k before I started putting on weight, which was tough (though I do a lot of cardio, which partly explains the need for the higher than usual amount).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need to eat more, once you've eaten and are satisfied, half an hour later eat another meal, after each meal drink as much milk as you can. Eat untill way after you're full. I started a lifting program in december, 2 weeks later I was only 0.3kg heavier, i was confused, the program guranteed colossal gains, i then read that it said you're not eating enough, so i ate more, and i mean LOTS. 1.5x my old portions, more meals, more milk... Two weeks later i had gained 2kg.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Funny how hardgainers stop having a hard time gaining weight when they start to eat loads and train...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dude, I think the GOMAD diet was probably made for you.. check it out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Hardgainers" are always afraid of gaining some fat, if they're hardgainers, surely they wouldnt then? (i used to be like this)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

A-Level Results Day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.