The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Accommodation :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey:smile:, out of lakeside and the 5 bedroom and 7 bedroom (from the new built accomadation) which one would you recommend is the best? Please reply trying to sort out accomadation for sept 2012
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Priya23
hey:smile:, out of lakeside and the 5 bedroom and 7 bedroom (from the new built accomadation) which one would you recommend is the best? Please reply trying to sort out accomadation for sept 2012

New build 5 bedroom is obviously the best. Best value for money though? think i'd probably rather live in new build 7s. But if I actually was a fresher i'd live in stafford and save all my money.
Reply 22
I'd go for Lakeside but it's previously been hugely oversubscribed. I'm sure there was an email the other week (unless exams sent me loopy) saying that the cost has been cut as of the coming year.
Reply 23
Original post by Priya23

I've been trying to log on to book my accomodation for 3 weeks now and cant seem to log on (every time i sign in it says unexpected error) wondering if you had the same problem?
Original post by small'un
I've been trying to log on to book my accomodation for 3 weeks now and cant seem to log on (every time i sign in it says unexpected error) wondering if you had the same problem?

I have the same problem!
Reply 25
Original post by aprilannep
I have the same problem!

i've rang them this morning and they still havent managed to sort it out. for a while i thought i'd be the only one without accomodation lol
Reply 26
Hi all,
I applied for accommodation as a new postgrad during April and my application is still awaiting verification. Does anyone know if this is just because I have to get my degree result before they can offer me housing?

Thanks for any replies!
Original post by /zzy
Hi all,
I applied for accommodation as a new postgrad during April and my application is still awaiting verification. Does anyone know if this is just because I have to get my degree result before they can offer me housing?

Thanks for any replies!

If you have a conditional offer then yes.
Reply 28
Original post by hannah_dru
If you have a conditional offer then yes.

Great, thank you. I just wanted to make sure :smile:
Original post by /zzy
Great, thank you. I just wanted to make sure :smile:

No problem :smile:
Original post by small'un
i've rang them this morning and they still havent managed to sort it out. for a while i thought i'd be the only one without accomodation lol

Ahhh.. I wasn't really too bothered, Aston's my back up.. I just randomly logged on that day.. But thanks! I appreciate you letting me know ^^
Reply 31
internet price cut from £140/£190 (gaming package) to £10 per academic year starting september 2012.

good for you guys ^.^
Reply 32
Original post by implicity
internet price cut from £140/£190 (gaming package) to £10 per academic year starting september 2012.

good for you guys ^.^

£10?!?!?!??! :eek:
Original post by JakeE10
£10?!?!?!??! :eek:

:laugh: that cannot be right
Reply 34
Far more reasonable. It was no way worth £140. It goes down more often than other broadband and most of my flat had complaints about it. It used to log me out of the StudentCom portal so many times while I was using the internet that the login page appeared first in my most frequently visited sites!

Of course some people will still complain because internet is included in the rent at many other universities.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 35
Down from £140 to £10??? do you mean £100?? Can't be right! Lol :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by JakeE10
Down from £140 to £10??? do you mean £100?? Can't be right! Lol :biggrin:

It is £10. There was a lot of protest to get to that point.

Reply 37
Why has the price of internet dropped so much?
Original post by JakeE10
Why has the price of internet dropped so much?

Probably because as Kim-x said, the service was quite crap at times. Doesn't sound any better from what she said!
Reply 39
As well as coming to their senses over the (lack of) quality of their service, maybe the provider are realising that students are going to be pushed financially, with 9k fees and rent to pay. The placement fee has also been reduced for 2012 and onwards students.

Quick Reply

Latest