Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rape...

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Entity)
    OK, basically just wondering what motivates Men to rape, why do they do it...and why take the risk to commit such a heinous crime?

Contrary to popular belief, it is not ugly and desperate men who commit Rape...most rapists/serial rapists are good looking guys who are in relationships.

So why do they do this?

What do people think? Only thing i can think of is thrill of the chase?

Not sure...
    where did you get that fact from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)

i watch alot of crime, and read. i know alot about true crime!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, basically just wondering what motivates Men to rape, why do they do it...and why take the risk to commit such a heinous crime?

Contrary to popular belief, it is not ugly and desperate men who commit Rape...most rapists/serial rapists are good looking guys who are in relationships.

So why do they do this?

Not sure...
    Sadistic drives.
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    The need to control

Rape is not about sex it is about power or a perception of power
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saim101)
    I recently found that the Rape is always in favour of the Females.
    Did you know if you have sex with some1 who is drunk and she wants to have sex with you to at that point. If she wakes up the next morning and decides that she didn't want to she can call the cops and say you raped her. It will be your word against hers and the judges don't normally trust men in matters like these.
    I'm just saying
    It doesn't really matter who the Judge trusts since it's the JURY (ie, random members of the public) who decide if someone is guilty or not in a criminal trial. And rape conviction rapes are extremely low. 6.5% of reported rapes end in a conviction. [1]

Stop talking out your ass.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because we live in a patriarchal society where empowerment is achieved through exercising power over women.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    They completely made it up.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know this may sound corny but, I think it is to do with feeling in control and thus having power over the victim. Basic psychology.
    Most people would harm others in order to feel dominant and thus, either beat or rape people into submission.

This has even been observed in the world of dolphins.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any red blooded male must have some conception of the natural forces (desire to dominate/mate) that operate upon people motivating 'sexual conquest' (consenting or non-consenting)

(Original post by Lizzie246)
    Well, i'm not sure but rape is "a violent crime with sex as the weapon" so it's likely to be the same as motivates someone to commit another violent assault
    Most rapes involve coercion and/or threat of violence, but I’m not sure all that many involve actual violence, particularly when you consider the proportion of rapes that occur in familiar/informal settings where the rapist knows the victim

(Original post by Lizzie246)
    Some men rape drunk girls, and while they know the girl has not consented it's not always thought of necessarily as rape so the only motivation there is their sex drive
    The chief motivating factor must be sexual gratification surely aye

(Original post by NabilKhan)
    They can't get any legit, so they opt for force.
    Common misconception

(Original post by hotgirl)
    yh i think its the thrill of the chase they like to hold people down and like to see them struggle it gives them excitement and adrenalin.
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    I don't think rape is about sexual frustration but more about having power over someone and the ability to dominate them.
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Rape is not about sex it is about power or a perception of power
    Power will often be a strong motivator, if not always. Surely it can be about both tho - more gratification for some, more hunger for the desire to dominate for others? :holmes:

(Original post by Le Situazionist)
    Because we live in a patriarchal society where empowerment is achieved through exercising power over women.
    Why do you think (reported) rape crimes are so low in strict Islamic countries for example, because they're not patriarchal? :rolleyes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

So why do they do this?

Not sure...
    Liking 14 year olds
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaidenh)
    Liking 14 year olds
    i like them young is that such a crime.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.