Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IB Maths HL 2012

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth does Statistics have to be soo freakin HARD?!! God praying that the grade boundaries are low enuf for me to get a 6...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    discrete was so much harder than previous years too! (or so i thought) hopefully the grade boundaries will be really really low...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Series was a joke, I felt. The hardest question on there would have qualified as the easiest on the November paper.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how many marks you need to score a 7 in P3???? any ideas???
    i think i lost about 4-6 marks, is it okay?????
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG I loved series!!! The hardest qn was an integral test would u believe it! lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marixmas)
    discrete was so much harder than previous years too! (or so i thought) hopefully the grade boundaries will be really really low...
    i couldnt agree more, horrible paper.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really won't be surprised if the curve for a 7 on series is a 50/60.

I'm actually disappointed, at the paper, there was absolutely no question that required any higher order thinking. On every other paper I've done (and that's pretty much all of them) at least one, usually the last, required some abstract thinking and conceptual mastery to complete. There was no such question on this paper.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    On the other hand, I have never seen a harder paper than the stats paper I saw yesterday
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank goodness we didnt do sets and relations or stats coz I was seriously thinking series was the hardest!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stats was really challenging
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arra)
    I really won't be surprised if the curve for a 7 on series is a 50/60.

I'm actually disappointed, at the paper, there was absolutely no question that required any higher order thinking. On every other paper I've done (and that's pretty much all of them) at least one, usually the last, required some abstract thinking and conceptual mastery to complete. There was no such question on this paper.
    so 60 out of 60 for u then
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found Stats TZ2 to be quite easy...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha for the first time someones dissatisfied when a paper is easy!! But we will be able to tell on july 6th just how easy it was!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not disappointed that the paper is easy, per se. I'm not so smart that "the harder questions are easy" or whatever it is.

But I was prepared for series, and felt that the questions that would set apart people who really understood weren't there.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stats was horrible!! I was worn out from geography that morning too, so couldn't concentrate :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faffyfoo)
    Stats was horrible!! I was worn out from geography that morning too, so couldn't concentrate :/
    I feel for you Faffy. I also sat next to you

Anyone who liked that stats paper likes pain suffering and not having any friends...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arra)
    Series was a joke, I felt. The hardest question on there would have qualified as the easiest on the November paper.
    Series was amazingly good. Loved every minute of it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTGenius)
    how many marks you need to score a 7 in P3???? any ideas???
    i think i lost about 4-6 marks, is it okay?????
    Depends on the paper. If it was series (and that's the only one I can think of) the curve ranges between 35 and 45, but this is by far the easiest paper I've done so I'm expecting between 48-50.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willamgg1993)
    I feel for you Faffy. I also sat next to you

Anyone who liked that stats paper likes pain suffering and not having any friends...
    But....you don't have any friends?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoe04)
    What did you guys end up getting for the last page on paper 2. The applications question, where you had to write v in terms of t ?
    That wasnt bad. I was more annoyed at probability spam all over the papers.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 14, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.