The Student Room Group

IB Maths HL 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Why on earth does Statistics have to be soo freakin HARD?!! God praying that the grade boundaries are low enuf for me to get a 6...:angry:
Reply 121
discrete was so much harder than previous years too! (or so i thought) hopefully the grade boundaries will be really really low...
Reply 122
Series was a joke, I felt. The hardest question on there would have qualified as the easiest on the November paper.
Reply 123
how many marks you need to score a 7 in P3???? any ideas???
i think i lost about 4-6 marks, is it okay?????
OMG I loved series!!! The hardest qn was an integral test would u believe it! lol
Reply 125
Original post by marixmas
discrete was so much harder than previous years too! (or so i thought) hopefully the grade boundaries will be really really low...

i couldnt agree more, horrible paper.
Reply 126
I really won't be surprised if the curve for a 7 on series is a 50/60.

I'm actually disappointed, at the paper, there was absolutely no question that required any higher order thinking. On every other paper I've done (and that's pretty much all of them) at least one, usually the last, required some abstract thinking and conceptual mastery to complete. There was no such question on this paper.
Reply 127
On the other hand, I have never seen a harder paper than the stats paper I saw yesterday
Thank goodness we didnt do sets and relations or stats coz I was seriously thinking series was the hardest!
Reply 129
Stats was really challenging
Reply 130
Original post by arra
I really won't be surprised if the curve for a 7 on series is a 50/60.

I'm actually disappointed, at the paper, there was absolutely no question that required any higher order thinking. On every other paper I've done (and that's pretty much all of them) at least one, usually the last, required some abstract thinking and conceptual mastery to complete. There was no such question on this paper.

so 60 out of 60 for u then
I found Stats TZ2 to be quite easy...
Haha for the first time someones dissatisfied when a paper is easy!! But we will be able to tell on july 6th just how easy it was!
Reply 133
I'm not disappointed that the paper is easy, per se. I'm not so smart that "the harder questions are easy" or whatever it is.

But I was prepared for series, and felt that the questions that would set apart people who really understood weren't there.
Reply 134
Stats was horrible!! :frown: I was worn out from geography that morning too, so couldn't concentrate :/
Original post by Faffyfoo
Stats was horrible!! :frown: I was worn out from geography that morning too, so couldn't concentrate :/

I feel for you Faffy. I also sat next to you :wink:

Anyone who liked that stats paper likes pain suffering and not having any friends...
Reply 136
Original post by arra
Series was a joke, I felt. The hardest question on there would have qualified as the easiest on the November paper.

Series was amazingly good. Loved every minute of it.
Reply 137
Original post by TTGenius
how many marks you need to score a 7 in P3???? any ideas???
i think i lost about 4-6 marks, is it okay?????

Depends on the paper. If it was series (and that's the only one I can think of) the curve ranges between 35 and 45, but this is by far the easiest paper I've done so I'm expecting between 48-50.
Reply 138
Original post by willamgg1993
I feel for you Faffy. I also sat next to you :wink:

Anyone who liked that stats paper likes pain suffering and not having any friends...

But....you don't have any friends?
Original post by johndoe04
What did you guys end up getting for the last page on paper 2. The applications question, where you had to write v in terms of t ?

That wasnt bad. I was more annoyed at probability spam all over the papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending