The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxelliexX
What?! We were supposed to start each question on a new sheet?!! Yeah... I didn't do that either, whoops.

hahaha we're probably not the only ones so I guess it's fine, the pencil thing though is worrying me the most
Original post by Superwoman
yepp but i put down 21.4 .. didn't round it just left it like it was :biggrin:

you had to go up to 22 though, cos it asked how many complete days til he passed 100km?
Original post by simoncino
you had to go up to 22 though, cos it asked how many complete days til he passed 100km?

Nope, it just said find out on which day he completed the 1000M (or whatever it was) I was stuck between 22 and 21.4 but I made sure it didn't say complete days so I guess you can use either :smile:
hahaha we're probably not the only ones so I guess it's fine, the pencil thing though is worrying me the most

wait.. did we have to start each q on a seperate sheet or a seperate page? i asked our invigilator (whos an hl maths teacher) and he said i should just flip the page and start a new q on the back.. was that the case or a totally seperate sheet for each q?
Original post by aeyurttaser13
wait.. did we have to start each q on a seperate sheet or a seperate page? i asked our invigilator (whos an hl maths teacher) and he said i should just flip the page and start a new q on the back.. was that the case or a totally seperate sheet for each q?

I have no idea but on the studies paper it said "Please start each question on a new sheet"

I didn't even see that until the last question so thankfully 1/5 questions was on a separate sheet
Reply 225
I thought the back of the page was ok to start a new question...:confused:
agreeing with doctor92 here.. hope it was ok to start a question at the back.. i mean IB r supposed to be environmentally friendly, not waste so many papers! :redface: btw what r we supposed to write for number of sheets? just the answer sheets we attach right? not the whole paper 1 question booklet + the answer sheets.. am i right?
Nope, it just said find out on which day he completed the 1000M (or whatever it was) I was stuck between 22 and 21.4 but I made sure it didn't say complete days so I guess you can use either :smile:

i dont wanna sound a douche, but I'm fairly confident it would be 22. surely he surpassed 100km on the 22nd day, not the "21.4st"?
i dont wanna sound a douche, but I'm fairly confident it would be 22. surely he surpassed 100km on the 22nd day, not the "21.4st"?

I agree, there's no such thing as a 21.4st day! It had to be the 22nd.

No, I don't think you are being a douche - I agree. Although I had some qualms about rounding it up to 22 days, I worked out that he surpassed 100km on the 22nd day, and the question specified that he stopped on the day he ran over 100 km. I just hope they accept my working, as I basically just did numerical solve on my GDC :biggrin:

Maths Studies people, I made a thread!
Original post by doctor92
I thought the back of the page was ok to start a new question...:confused:

I also did that for the whole exam :s-smilie:

I'm worried it will piss them off, as I imagine they have examiners marking certain questions, i.e. one examiner marks loaaads of q2s, but not the whole paper, so it's standardised. But we can't have been the only people to do that - I had no idea!
Reply 231
are there any chem HL people? if so how are you reviewing for the exam??
Im worried for the exam..
Original post by Gops94

Absolutely peeing myself about Tuesday! We had a horrific teacher in 1st year and ended up doing 40 hours of syllabus in the space of around 11 hours of lesson, so I'm not exactly feeling positive about it all!
Original post by Gops94

yep, studying first from the oxford study guide, then gona do q bank for multiple choice and past papers for the rest.. gona leave options for the 6-7 hours i got after finishing paper 1 and 2 before i sleep.. u?
Reply 234
yep, studying first from the oxford study guide, then gona do q bank for multiple choice and past papers for the rest.. gona leave options for the 6-7 hours i got after finishing paper 1 and 2 before i sleep.. u?

i was planning on doing the same .. except i have a lot of stuff to review... had no teacher for the 2nd semester of my junior year.. therefore we ended up doing like 8 months of stuff in one semester during our senior.. which also involved in us teaching ourselves...
what options are u doing?
Our options are really bad..
We are doing B and G:frown::frown::frown::frown:
What did anyone think of the HL Psychology papers? :smile:

aaaa just realized that I was thinking about it as if it was 21.4 hours not days :/ oh well hopefully I'll get the method marks :smile: I have 22 written in the method as well
Reply 237
Original post by beautiful-lion
I also did that for the whole exam :s-smilie:

I'm worried it will piss them off, as I imagine they have examiners marking certain questions, i.e. one examiner marks loaaads of q2s, but not the whole paper, so it's standardised. But we can't have been the only people to do that - I had no idea!

I think we should have been warned before the exam :frown: I think many people have done the same as me in my school :frown:

Original post by Gops94

I'm planning to do the same and I'm preparing a few flash cards to look at them right before the exam (the things that I tend to forget and some formulas for energetics and the units ohh and definitions are important, etc.). I think with chem the most important thing is to try lots of past papers because the questions are tricky sometimes! :s-smilie:
Original post by doctor92
I think we should have been warned before the exam :frown: I think many people have done the same as me in my school :frown:

I'm planning to do the same and I'm preparing a few flash cards to look at them right before the exam (the things that I tend to forget and some formulas for energetics and the units ohh and definitions are important, etc.). I think with chem the most important thing is to try lots of past papers because the questions are tricky sometimes! :s-smilie:

ooh thats a good idea.. think ill use the cue cards for some formulas and hl organics reaction mechanisms :smile:
Reply 239
Original post by Gops94
i was planning on doing the same .. except i have a lot of stuff to review... had no teacher for the 2nd semester of my junior year.. therefore we ended up doing like 8 months of stuff in one semester during our senior.. which also involved in us teaching ourselves...
what options are u doing?
Our options are really bad..
We are doing B and G:frown::frown::frown::frown:

no teacher for a semester:eek: wow it must be so hard for all of you to revise... well if I were you I think i would start with what I find most difficult to understand if you need the textbook use it if you don't just go with the oxford revision guide.(I did this for organic chem) Then just read the oxford revision guide for each topic. I have spent 30 mins - 1 hour for the first topics which are easy and for the rest max. 2 hours

After that you can try past papers and if you find areas which you are weak and get them wrong in the past papers go back and try to understand your mistakes.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending