The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

Less than a week left now...

What are people gonna do when they check their results?
I'm thinking of getting well slashed so as to soften the potential blow :tongue:
Reply 541
Original post by StockholmBoy
Less than a week left now...

What are people gonna do when they check their results?
I'm thinking of getting well slashed so as to soften the potential blow :tongue:

Our summer ball's the night before. If we can remain drunk until the next afternoon, we might be able to handle the bombshells better...
Original post by Harve
Our summer ball's the night before. If we can remain drunk until the next afternoon, we might be able to handle the bombshells better...

my birthday is the day after results day.. so if i can remain drunk from the night of results day til the end of the next day, i will not be in misery on my birthday :tongue:
Original post by Harve

Original post by aeyurttaser13
my birthday is the day after results day.. so if i can remain drunk from the night of results day til the end of the next day, i will not be in misery on my birthday :tongue:

So alcoholic intoxication all around then :tongue:

Where are you gonna check the results and with whom?
I'll be on holiday in Barcelona with my girlfriend. We decided to go to opposite ends of the city and check our results, then wait 5 hours before meeting up again.
So alcoholic intoxication all around then :tongue:

Where are you gonna check the results and with whom?
I'll be on holiday in Barcelona with my girlfriend. We decided to go to opposite ends of the city and check our results, then wait 5 hours before meeting up again.

that's interesting. why 5 hours though? to let the news sink in? :tongue:
i think ill check them out with friends, we'll probably go to one's place and check them all out together.. one by one, pretty nerve wracking.
that's interesting. why 5 hours though? to let the news sink in? :tongue:
i think ill check them out with friends, we'll probably go to one's place and check them all out together.. one by one, pretty nerve wracking.

Yeah 5 hours to let it sink in, in case one of us (or both of us :tongue:) don't make our offers.

Your way sounds absolutely horrifying!
What if you go last and everyone has gotten like 43 points right before you :colondollar:
Yeah 5 hours to let it sink in, in case one of us (or both of us :tongue:) don't make our offers.

Your way sounds absolutely horrifying!
What if you go last and everyone has gotten like 43 points right before you :colondollar:

hahaha it is horrifying! but since noone has managed to get a 40 since our school became an IB school (3 years) and we aren't expecting a 40, it wouldn't be a problem for us :tongue:
on the other hand, today some said they might not be able to handle the shock of missing an offer, so we might cancel this and check results at home, then tell each other :tongue:
what's ur offer if i may ask? and what uni/course?
hahaha it is horrifying! but since noone has managed to get a 40 since our school became an IB school (3 years) and we aren't expecting a 40, it wouldn't be a problem for us :tongue:
on the other hand, today some said they might not be able to handle the shock of missing an offer, so we might cancel this and check results at home, then tell each other :tongue:
what's ur offer if i may ask? and what uni/course?

Haha ok, that sounds more humane :tongue:

My firm is Medicine at Imperial and my insurance of offer is Medicine at UCL. I need to get 38 points overall with all 6 in my HL. They are Biology, Chemistry and History. God be willing it will work it.

What is your offer(s)?
What time do you get to log in? My school got 13:30 GMT but my friend in DC got 15:30 GMT. Also, do you know the webpage we have to log on to? I´m in Barcelona know and I didn´t right down the webpage only the password and pin. I am a bit confused though, don´t we have like a username or something aswell?
Haha ok, that sounds more humane :tongue:

My firm is Medicine at Imperial and my insurance of offer is Medicine at UCL. I need to get 38 points overall with all 6 in my HL. They are Biology, Chemistry and History. God be willing it will work it.

What is your offer(s)?
What time do you get to log in? My school got 13:30 GMT but my friend in DC got 15:30 GMT. Also, do you know the webpage we have to log on to? I´m in Barcelona know and I didn´t right down the webpage only the password and pin. I am a bit confused though, don´t we have like a username or something aswell?

thats great! i applied to med, got 4 rejections cz i didnt research enuff and did not apply strategically.
im gonna know at 12:30 GMT :smile: cant way! just over 13 hours to go. theres no username, just a personal code and pin, oh and here's the website:
https://candidates.ibo.org/
that link will take u to the log in page.
my offer is biomedical sciences at newcastle uni, need a 32 and 5's in chem and bio hl, 4 in math sl, but anything below a 36 would be a disaster for me :smile: if i do get a 40 or above, i will consider taking a gap year :tongue:
thats great! i applied to med, got 4 rejections cz i didnt research enuff and did not apply strategically.
im gonna know at 12:30 GMT :smile: cant way! just over 13 hours to go. theres no username, just a personal code and pin, oh and here's the website:
https://candidates.ibo.org/
that link will take u to the log in page.
my offer is biomedical sciences at newcastle uni, need a 32 and 5's in chem and bio hl, 4 in math sl, but anything below a 36 would be a disaster for me :smile: if i do get a 40 or above, i will consider taking a gap year :tongue:

Ok cool, well I hope you did well and thanks for the link :smile:
Ok cool, well I hope you did well and thanks for the link :smile:

no problem.. and nope i met my offer but just, got a 34 :frown: really disappointed i expected a minimum of 36
how did u do? hope u met ur offer :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
no problem.. and nope i met my offer but just, got a 34 :frown: really disappointed i expected a minimum of 36
how did u do? hope u met ur offer :smile:

Ok, well at least you met your offer which after all is the most important thing :smile:

I got 42 with 777 at HL so I met my offer. Pretty pleased with the grade as well.
Reply 552
Original post by paperstars123
No, you need at least Maths SL for a medicine degree. My friends who applied for medicine either take Maths HL or SL, and for those taking SL their conditions include at least a 6 in Maths SL (that's for Edinburgh for example). Maths Studies will definitely hinder your chances to be accepted by good universities.

Realise this was AGES ago but only just noticed this reply. So just incase someone who wanted to do medicine with maths studies read this, it isn't true. Whilst it prevents you applying to a couple of universities Imperial is one I think. It doesn't prevent you applying. For instance Oxford say on their website that maths studies is perfectly acceptable, so would go out on a limb here and say oxford is probably a good university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending